Actual print size??

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by esahin, Jun 11, 2019.

1. esahin

esahin Elif Sahin

I always wondered if I could see the actual print size in Photoshop or Illustrator since it would be a huge help for my designs, to check if the type is legible or if the designs are too small etc. I used to hold the printed paper against my screen to find the correct zoom percentage. It's a bit funny, I know! :giggle

Recently I learned that Photoshop can actually measure this but I needed to configure the settings for it to work! So I've collected what I've learned into an article and it's live on my blog.
    If you're a hybrid scrapper this might benefit you :)
    Read it here and set up your "actual" print size; https://sahindesigns.com/actual-print-size-in-photoshop-illustrator/

[​IMG]

A-M and SeattleSheri like this.
  2. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

Very interesting! Thanks!

3. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

That is so helpful! I used to do the same thing whenever I got a new monitor... I'd hold up a ruler and figure out what zoon percentage showed me pretty close to print size... that was mostly so I could decide on what font size I'd be able to read in my books!

Great article and so much more accurate! :) I'll be doing this tonight!

4. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Awesome! I also was a ruler to my screen person. I want to try this too! Thanks for sharing!

5. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

thanks for the article! ditto the ruler to screen here and i find i increase the size of wordstrips and small text elements these days also but i haven't printed anything lately, i probably should to see if i'm scaling them up too much but i'd prefer to be able to read them in the future when i look back than to have to pull out a magnifying glass ;-)