not such a chore | Pad Patter 6.7

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bellbird, Jun 7, 2019.

1. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Well Winter has truly set in here over the last 2 weeks and i have done more ironing than the usual 'necessities for tomorrow' only and it is kind of the norm for me - the 'to be ironed' pile makes a mountain, overflowing a basket over Summer and really only dips down when Winter comes round, when any extra warmth is welcome. That and emptying the dishwasher straightaway, while the dishes and cups are still warm, are not such chores in Winter. I even sat outside in the sun and pulled weeds for a bit this week (easier after the rain with the dirt still soggy). These are kind of my silver linings of the season.
    Don't get me wrong, cleaning bathrooms is never my fave thing but i know getting half soaked cleaning the spa bath (the jets were not facing the right way) when i cleaned the kids bathroom the other day was really not ideal at this time of year but do you have any silver linings or is there anything you are not finding so difficult in your current season?

2. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

I never really like cooking, but it is even harder for me in summer. DH won't even barbecue! So "summer salads" and a burger or salmon filet on the barbecue are my go-to's.

bellbird likes this.
  3. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I love the ease at which soup is made and then works for lunch and dinner for a couple of days.

bellbird likes this.
  4. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

The only thing that is not better for me in summer is baking things that take a long time because the oven heats up the house, but that just means more grill time and more effortless cooking :giggle. Other than that, every little thing is better in the summer. I don't have to wear layers upon layers of clothes, I can open windows, I can walk outside with ease, no worries about road conditions, better mood, and so much more. Winter is when I need to find silver linings, and those are usually little things like snow days, baking for extra warmth, and no bugs :giggle.

5. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

I am always agreeing with Jan when it comes to discussing seasons. We definitely have the same seasonal likes!

I often meal plan in the beginning of summer with a few baked/oven heavy recipes and forget that it could be in the high 70s or 80s - ugh! Torture. I love everything about the summer season - the only thing I don't like is when it comes to an end, so finding silver linings now is not necessary for me either. My silver linings are needed to be found in winter too. A pretty snow day - when the ugly brown trees are covered in glistening snow (but I only like it for a day- then it needs to go!), days where I don't need to go anywhere and can cozy up with a blanket and warm drink, enjoying a warm "stick to your ribs" hot meal, cleaning the house is better in the winter because my body will generate its own heat and keep me warm LOL, doing yard work because I love to be outside ... I never thought about emptying the dishwasher immediately to get warmth from the hot dishes! Will have to try that in a few months! I hate to iron any season because that iron is in a little alcove that sticks out from the main part of the house and isn't well insulated - in the summer that little room is boiling and in the winter, it's freezing. So I iron as little as possible and get out as fast as I can. I guess the silver lining there is that when I'm done, whatever room I go to next feels amazing after ironing! :D

Karen and IntenseMagic like this.
  6. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

We just moved and have sidewalks for the first time since I was a kid! That's a big deal especially when we have to walk our dog. There's a pretty lake right behind our house, too. There's a cute little bench that we can sit on and watch the ducks + for the first time, there's a "doggie station" right by the bench. They have "bags" in a dispenser for "doggie business" and a container to put the bags in. I love that! Such a "dog friendly neighborhood".

Karen and mcurtt like this.
  7. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Well, I definitely prefer summer weather to winter weather, but there are some things I do like about winter... most specifically I love getting to layer up in my sweatpants and hoodies on the weekends. They are so cozy and comfy. I also love to sleep SO much better when it's cold outside so I can put an extra blanket on the bed and not roast to death. I get really hot at night, but I hate to sleep uncovered, so summer can be tricky. :giggle And there are lost of foods I love to cook like chicken and dumpling soup, chili, lasasgna, etc. that I just don't want to cook in the summer, so winter is good for that too! :agree

8. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Does feeding the birds equate to a chore? I've been feeding them daily since last fall, even when our temps were at -27 degrees F and wind chills to -65 degrees. I had to plan what to do to minimize my time outside, but I did it. And now we are dealing with heat & mosquitoes, but I try to visit them in the early morning hours of the day. Some people would call it a chore, but I rather enjoy watching the birds. We've seen migrations come thru, so cool!

And another chore that I don't mind is washing dishes. We have a beautiful stainless steel dishwasher that hasn't been used in years. We didn't like the noise and I wasn't that thrilled with spots afterwards. So I just wash them at the sink, put them into the dish drainer or DH will dry. I zone out while washing, my meditation for the day. Plus it is always a game for me to see how high I can stack everything in the drainer and not have the stack come tumbling down. :-)

9. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I love not having to drive the kids back & forth to school, not having to work on homework and special projects, & not having to be so strict about bedtime.

10. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I love grilling in the summer.
    I love watering my plants outside and seeing them grow.
    I LOVE that my children play outside...and they are old enough to play outside by themselves. :byay I know that's not really a chore...but it means I can do chores alone inside my home. LOL!