Live Game Survey: For everyone, attendees and non-attendees

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, Jun 7, 2019.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

For those who don't know, I've been doing a little live game night each month. Sometimes it's been a game "day". We play Pictionary or Scattegories, or whatever game I can come up with to play live over the internet.
    Sadly, attendance has dropped. So, I want to know (whether you've come to one or not):

Do you like the live games?
    Have you been to one? Why/Why not?
    Is there a day/time/week that works better for you?
    Would you rather play a forum game with 1 winner?

And any other thoughts you have on the live games.

I want to keep doing it if you like it. But if you don't, let's do something different.

2. morgyns

morgyns Well-Known Member

I love the idea of online live games. It sounds super fun - I didn't even know you were running them :(.
    Usually they are at the wrong time/time zone for me to join, so I don't usually participate in many live things.

3. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

there haven't been many at a time when I've been able to attend with time zones. They times I did attend it was fun, but a bit difficult for me to keep up with what was happening due to my autism.

bestcee likes this.
  4. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

I don't attend due to the time zone: 9pm EST is 4 am here, and I'd rather be sleeping!
    I've attended one of your games (Pictionary?), and it was fun, but honestly I liked yesterday's speed scrap even more (also because it was the right time for me).

bestcee likes this.
  5. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Honestly i’d rather do a forum game, speed/slow scrap, chat, watch cheryl scrap than a live game

bestcee likes this.
  6. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

Usually it's time conflicts for me. I have been to a live game before, for me it was ok. I'd much rather chat though. LOL

bestcee likes this.
  7. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

I have been to one or two a few years back ( when I suffered from insomnia, ) they were part of MOC or Easter or Christmas chats , I forget what, I enjoyed it. However the time they are on now is 3 am for me, and since my sleep patterns improved, sorry I am in the land of nod.
    Also I am getting forgetful, and need reminders for even normal chats, so I can't promise 100% I would be there at an Europe friendly hour, but I would try.

bestcee likes this.
  8. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

I've never tried the live game. No particular reason why or why not, probably just that I have too many other things going on to make the time to try. I am more inclined to go for the chats and the slow/speed scraps when they fit my schedule.

bestcee likes this.
  9. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I have never participated and I'm not sure why either. I do enjoy the chats we have in the chatroom. Some things even like Bingo overwhelm me and I get really hyper. The speed scraps used to make me feel that way, but I can do them now. I've never attended a "Watch Cheryl Scrap" either. I tried to log in to one of her chats once and didn't stay. Do we need special equipment like a microphone or headphones? I guess I'm more prone to watch things on YouTube and can go at my own pace. I do watch Cheryl's videos on there.

bestcee likes this.
  10. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Just not a fan of games of any kind these days. Cousin wanted to play them on Christmas Day and I hated every minute of it.

Do enjoy Cheryl's scraps and chatting with everyone.

bestcee likes this.
  11. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Middle of the night for me too, but it sounds like fun!

bestcee likes this.
  12. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

I've always wanted to attend the live games, they look like such fun, but with my boys' busy schedules, I never find the time to attend. Maybe things will settle down this summer so I can join in on the fun!

bestcee likes this.
  13. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

I'm sorry to hear attendance has dropped. :-/ that's no fun when you're the one putting in the effort!
    Do you like the live games? Yes I do! It's a fun, different way to interact within this community.
    Have you been to one? Yes. I usually play on my phone but my attendance depends on what my family needs and they seem to be very needy lately.
    Is there a day/time/week that works better for you? Weekdays before 6 pm ET usually work better for me, but I will be hit or miss since it's summer and we run around without a schedule.
    Would you rather play a forum game with 1 winner? I like the idea of a forum game that allows everyone to play no matter their time zone or schedule, but when those games become dominated by one person I don't think that's fun haha I wouldn't necessarily prefer a forum game, because I like the live interaction like the chats.
    Thanks for hosting games Courtney! I hope you get better attendance with whatever you try next. :)

bestcee and Cherylndesigns like this.
  14. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

I like the live games and I've been to some. As for days/times; I feel like I can never give a fully honest answer because...life. I always think there's a good time for some type of chat or game, but then life happens. Having said that, Friday or Saturday evenings seem to work well for me, but I'm on the east coast and I know those can be hard times for other places.
    And if I'm being completely honest: I don't love GoToMeeting. My laptop, which is like a year or 2 old and is in great shape and has lots of RAM/etc, has problems with GTM. (It freezes randomly--but it isn't just the sight that freezes; it takes out my whole computer. By the time I get everything sorted out, I'm usually too frustrated to want to rejoin.) This isn't set as a complaint but as an explanation.
    Maybe a forum game would work out for more people, though I don't really care about the winning part. Personally, I just love the community aspect of the games (well, of all of TLP).

bestcee likes this.
  15. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

What time is good for you?

I've tried to vary between morning and night. I know that usually the 11am EST work okay for you right?

Nope! We recommend headphones so you don't scare the other people in the house with laughter or anything. But it's not required.

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  16. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Do you like the live games? I have very much enjoyed every one I've attended (which has been most, I think). Being able to share the screen and play games is brilliant!

Have you been to one? Why/Why not? I enjoy them because they're like our chats with extra fun. And I like playing games. It's another opportunity to connect with this community I love.

Is there a day/time/week that works better for you? Saturday nights are still okay; I get off work at 8:00. But Sunday evening might be better. I could do other nights too. I mean, around 9pm ET. Often I can't do day chats anymore because my job and kids' activities fill most of my days.

Would you rather play a forum game with 1 winner? Rather? I don't think I would prefer one over the other. I enjoy both. I guess I'm more likely to be able to participate in a game in the forum that lasted over a few days, as opposed to a one hour game session at a time I couldn't attend. *More thoughts on this in next post. :)

Thank you for creating fun opportunities for us to gather together. I'm sorry I have no ideas at the moment for encouraging attendance. The chance to talk with online friends and the coupons are plenty to attract me! I will try to think more on this -- I'm tired from a busy work shift and my house is noisy at the moment -- and maybe I can come up with some good ideas.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2019
    bestcee likes this.
  17. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Good point! I second this Courtney.