Here we are today

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by cookingmylife, Jun 5, 2019.

1. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

Big, big hugs! Thanks for giving us an update. I will continue to think good thoughts for you and Dick :heartslub

cookingmylife likes this.
  2. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Sending love and hugs your way for you and Dick.

3. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Sending hugs and prayers for you both. Anytime you need to talk, come to us here. We'll listen.

4. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

big hugs to you, Maureen!! sending good thoughts and prayers to you and your husband!

5. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

Sending you good thoughts!

6. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

Thinking of you both, Maureen. I'm glad he is getting good care and that you have such supportive friends. (((hugs)))

7. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

More love and hugs from me Maureen. Stay strong and take care of you too!

8. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Thank you for updating us. I've seen a few posts on Facebook, so I've been praying for healing, for strength, for comfort. Sending you loads of ((HUGS)) and know that you are in my thoughts.

9. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

Maureen, i’m so sorry your family has to fight the cancer battle but I’m glad to hear that they have managed his pain. I’m sending gentle hugs your way. Please take care of yourself and let your friends help you in this stage of your journey.

10. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Maureen, I'm so sorry! I don't really have any words, but I'm praying for both of you.

11. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Sending you lots of love and hugs to you and Dick. My heart goes out to you both.

12. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Thank you all for your kind and loving words. They really do help my spirit.

I am mostly visiting the hospital for a couple hours in the morning and often read to Dick from a book called Tattoos on the Heart which has stories from a Jesuit priest in LA who runs Homeboy Industries for gang members in LA, CA. The stories are very poignant and usually bring both of us to tears. Dick reigns in so much emotion and the book lets that stopper out a little.

The Radiologist finally said that they are no longer looking ahead to a cure for the cancer. While the neck tumor has shrunk, the plan now is to continue palliative treatment for 8+ weeks until the recovery of the effects of the chemo and radiation are 'over'. What comes next could be many things depending on how strong he is and what he wants. They can't be sure he will ever eat normally again or speak beyond this whisper. Dick has to process this news in his own time now esp while he is still on the heavy drugs for pain and incl, still, the ongoing blood infection.

I did get a chance to get a funny bit of help. Last night I was with two of our friends and of course they asked what they could do and I got a lightbulb moment. I had backed over a curb last week and dislocated part of the rubber portion of my back bumper. Two men together shoved that baby back into place. They high fived each other and got to feel so good as it def was one thing I couldn't do on my own. Most of it is always the little things that help so much isn't it.
    xoxoxoxo

bellbird, KimJ, Karen and 2 others like this.
  13. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

Oh, Maureen. That's a lot to deal with. Sending lots of prayers and love to you and Dick. :heartslub

14. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

So sorry to hear this. You have absolutely done the right thing telling your friends what you need! Glad to hear you have a good support system during this time.

15. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

Hugs and prayers. I can't even imagine, but I know I never take our health and our lives together for granted. Each day they become more precious. Bless your hearts. Breathe in. Breathe out. Only concern yourself with the next thing that needs to be done.

16. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

I'm glad you found that book to share & can have some levity with moments like with the men & the bumper

17. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

God bless you and yours. I am so sorry.
    It is a horrible ,nasty,scary disease ,that affects every one around it ,.not only the person that has it. I am reminding you to take time for yourself. Make sure that you have at least a few hours a day where the phone is on silent,where you do something for you, even if it is just sitting with a cup of tea,and a magazine, or sorting your digikit.... something where you don't need to concentrate.
    In my thoughts.

18. flowersgal

flowersgal I have big ears and wide arms

So sorry to hear this news. Praying for both of you.

19. busywoman139

busywoman139 Wish and hope and ... poof! There it is!

Praying for peace and comfort during this challenging time, Maureen.

20. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I will be praying for you & Dick. I do so hope he starts to feel better & can be discharged soon.