Monthly Muse June 2019 - Week 1

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by wombat146, Jun 5, 2019.

1. wombat146

wombat146 Check out my kilt! And my turret!

[​IMG]

JUNE MUSE - THE ART OF NUMBERS

Hi everyone, Ona here to bring you June's Muse Challenge! Hope everyone is doing well! :)

This month it's all about numbers, specifically our birth numbers! I want to celebrate that special moment when we all came into existence, so we are taking a creative and artistic look at the numbers associated with us throughout this month! :)

Week 1: THE DAY/DATE (OF YOUR BIRTH)
    For week one I want you to focus on the number that represents the day you arrived, your birth day/date. I want you to use your artistic skills to decorate your special day/date number - NOT THE MONTH OR YEAR, just the day number.

This is purely about decorating and styling your number with how and whatever you like. No photos, no journaling.......... I just want to see your own number take center stage on your layout! :)

Take a look at this Pinterest board I have to give you some ideas. There are a lot of other advert/movie type graphics, along with some letters as well so hopefully you may be able to find some inspiration. :)
    https://www.pinterest.com.au/onaboo/fave-letter-arttypography-graphic-designs/

My birth day/date is 13. While some people think of the number 13 as being unlucky, I think it's a lucky one! :)

Here is my page. I must say that it took me all of today to create this! I started off with one idea and then it sort of morphed into something totally different! LOL! I ended up with some fave autumn colours as well as the greens of nature. As I love adding textures I incorporated some of those as well.

I started off with using a font first to type the number and then went ahead and decorated it with some of my favorite colours and design elements. You can use fonts, alpha, wordart etc.

12x12-AJ---WILD-AND-FREE.jpg
    Credits: Strength of a Woman {Paperset: Solid Gesso} by NBK Design | Free Spirit by NBK Design | Quotations by NBK Design | Dragon Lace by Rebecca McMeen | Mixed Media Monthly - Aug 2017 by Dawn Inskip, Little Butterfly Wings, Lynne-Marie and Paula Kesselring | Aspen - Artful Memories Elements by Rebecca McMeen. Font: Anglo-Saxon,8th c.

Challenge Rule: Use the number that represents your birth day/date and decorate it however you wish. The number should be BIG and the main focus of your layout. Just have fun with it!!!

You may create any style of layout (ie. clean and simple, artsy, pocket style etc.) you wish, with or without photos. Create any size page you wish. This is for everyone, so have fun and see where the inspiration takes you. If you want all 4 Muses on one page that's perfectly ok or you can make 4 separate pages!! It's totally up to you! :)

Please post your layout to the Art Journaling Gallery HERE prior to June 30, 2019 and then post it in this thread by copying the code (at the right of your gallery image) from the box under "Share BB Code".

We will draw a winner at the beginning of next month for a coupon!! You can use any products in The Lilypad store or retired products from current Lilypad designers, (just make sure you follow our gallery guidelines).

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
    Ga_L, wvsandy, Karen and 1 other person like this.
  2. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

This is so fun Ona! I love your page too! :heartslub

wombat146 likes this.
  3. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

4. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I love your inspiration page, Ona!! What a great challenge! I'm already thinking about what I want to do.

wombat146 likes this.
  5. rchansen

rchansen in the sweet tooth recovery program

Born in the fall so I wanted to use oranges and brown and wood grains. And, of course, leaves.... Thanks for the fun challenge.
    [​IMG]

wombat146 and wvsandy like this.
  6. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

Really loved how your numbers turned out so I chose a Celtic font and used NBK's Gold action from SOAW.
    [​IMG]

AJK, wombat146 and rchansen like this.
  7. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

It's the best of all worlds for me. Although my birthday is technically at the end of summer (September 12), it is often feeling like autumn. I can remember only one day EVER when it was not sunny and warm on my birthday. The weather is so reliable on 9/12, that I would choose that day for an outdoor wedding! This was such a fun challenge. I just played and played...not even starting out with a thought as to what I would do...just picked a few papers I love, and went from there. Thanks so much. I adore the Art Journal challenges. They give me time to play (with a purpose).
    [​IMG]
    https://the-lilypad.com/forum/galleries/06-19_wk1_dayofbirth-12.396916/

wombat146 likes this.
  8. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

great challenge, I will come back

wombat146 likes this.
  9. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

What fun! I blended 3 papers for my background (reversing colors on the first one) and made one of them myself by adding huge 8's using a font. Thanks for the challenge, Ona!

[​IMG]

wombat146 likes this.
  10. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

I have no explanation for anything on this page other than the number 17...

[​IMG]

Thuria and wombat146 like this.
  11. wombat146

WOW!!!! ladies you are all so very creative, I am off to the gallery to look at all of these lovelies!!!!!! :)

12. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

13. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

I was in a watercoloury mood so used watercolor elements from Rebecca's kits and this beautiful paper from NBK's candy crush
    [​IMG]

14. KAPOH

KAPOH Well-Known Member

15. RJMJ

RJMJ There is a shade of red for every woman.

Hey There Everyone!...I'm So Glad To Be Back Here For This Month!...I'm Still Struggling With Not Having All Of My Precious Stash To Work With...In This Case In Particular....My Tech Guy Is Still Trying To Retrieve My Files From That Hard Drive...Where All Of My Fall/Autumn Kits Were Stored...I Could Have Used Them To Help Create This Layout...Some Alphas For Sure...Turns Out I Don't Have That Many Either Way..My Birthday Number Is The Number 11...This Is Not A Really Appealing Set Of 2 Numbers That Stand Out At All...I Didn't Really Realize This Until I Started Constructing My Layout...Ones Don't Really Stand Out Period...Sounds Ironic...Right?...Number 1!...The Best Standing Out In The Crowd???...But It Turns Out They Don't Have A Lot Of Definition Or Texture When Trying To Make Them Stand Out...Who Knew????...Either Way...Eventhough I Like Lots Of Color & Lots Of Textures...I'm Not A Big Fan Of Big Numbers Across My Pages...Either Way...I Tried To Do This But It Looked Weird...& Not In A Good Way...So I Settled For Taking A Copy/Piece Of The Dress Material From The Charming Golden Girl(As I Have Called Here Here...) & Turned It Into The Number 11...I Have Tried This Before & Thought It Was Neat But It May Or May Not Have Been Effective To The Point I Was Trying To Prove...But In This Case I Think It Is/Did...Hopefully The Letters Are Large Enough For This Challenge...I Think They Are Pretty Large & They Do Now Stand Out Strongly...I Learned Something New About Perspective & Working With Numbers In The End...

*For My Birthday 11 Layout-I Used:

*Under Pressure-Lynn Grieveson
    *Bricolage Society-September 2017(1)/July 2018(1)/February 2019(1)-Jen Maddocks

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
    wombat146 likes this.
  16. redplaid3

redplaid3 Just call me Zaley's Grammy!

I had to use pinks/reds...my favs. Now if only my age matched by birth date! LOL!

[​IMG]

Thuria, wvsandy and wombat146 like this.
  17. rchansen

rchansen in the sweet tooth recovery program

All these beautiful pages are making me want to rework mine!!

wombat146 likes this.
  18. Ga_L

Ga_L Well-Known Member

I'm back, here's mine :
    [​IMG]

19. wombat146

Robyn go ahead if you like........ you can change out your layout or do another one.......... if you have the mojo then do it, anything that makes you happy, but I do love your autumn page! :)

rchansen likes this.
  20. wombat146

Wonderful work everyone, I really look forward to popping into this thread throughout the day to check on what creations have been posted! :fairydance:beat