Share your photoshop set up?

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by Kat, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Kat

Kat Seeking wine/shopping/teeth brushing support group

I just reinstalled my MAC OS to clear off the "crap" and I am resetting up my photoshop adding stuff back in.

I feel like we get into a rut and use the same set up but as these programs grow and change, I wonder if I am missing something that would be great or a way to "organize" the windows that is more efficient.

So...

Share your photoshop set ups? Screenshot maybe?

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  2. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I don't know that I have a great way, but I'm happy to share a screenshot. The best part about my workspace is that I have my most used features always open: styles, history, characters, paragraph, and the layers panel. And when I figured out that I could make the layers panel have its own column all to itself, that was awesome. I like seeing everything at a glance. Of course, I have a 27" iMac. Not sure I'd be able to do this with a smaller screen. Another thing I always have to add to my workspace because it's not default are the rulers. I use them a lot to help me choose sizes and placement of items on my pages.

Congrats on reinstalling the OS, btw. I did that once a few years ago when I was repeatedly getting a weird error message and even tech support couldn't figure out any other way to get rid of it. It's nice starting from fresh. Feels like getting a new computer. Mine is a 2011 iMac, and it's getting slower and slower. I've considered reinstalling the OS again. Maybe a fresh start will improve its speed.

Screen Shot 2019-06-05 at 12.48.02 PM.png

3. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Good luck getting your computer all set, Kat!

I like having a LOT of my layers showing in my panel and I like few items on my toolbar. And I like having tabs for other stuff (Actions, Navigator; Layers, Styles). That leaves lots of space for two 12x12 canvases, esp. on my big monitor (this is a screenshot of my laptop).
    [​IMG]

4. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I have a dual monitor so my styles and actions are on the other screen but when I use my desktop in the LR to scrap (on one monitor) I have the same setup except the styles and actions are tabs beside the brushes so I can easily click on the tabs to access each area.
    [​IMG]

5. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

You can see my screen set up in my Watch Cheryl Scrap videos, but here's a still shot:

PhotshopSetup.JPG

6. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

Mine is much like the ladies above. Later if I remember I will share a screenshot

7. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Here's my set up. I like to be able to see lots of layers, then on the far right panel I keep Actions and Styles, with tabs for History, Character, and Paragraph.

Capture2.JPG

8. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Kat likes this.
  9. IntenseMagic

In a nutshell, I use it when I want to delete a lot of steps at one time, especially if I've run a long action or done something else repeatedly. I can just go back to the place I want to start over and delete from that point on.

10. Kat

Does anyone use "Notes" tab? It apparently adds a little icon on your layout but then there is a panel to track notes which is pretty awesome and easy.
    Screen Shot 2019-06-05 at 8.23.32 PM.png

busywoman139 likes this.
  11. Kat

See this is super helpful... I don't use the history panel for that but I should!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  12. IntenseMagic

Hmmm I have never used it, but now I'm thinking about ways I might be able to.

Kat likes this.
  13. busywoman139

busywoman139 Wish and hope and ... poof! There it is!

There is a notes tab?!?!?! ***Promptly opens PS to see it!***

jk703 and Kat like this.
  14. bestcee

LOL! I never used the notes until school. We had to use it for an assignment and that's how I learned about it. It can be nice when I want a "Post-it". Like if I want to grab a photo, or add journaling after I post for CT work.

jk703 likes this.
  15. bestcee

Do you ever use the snapshot option? I've done that when I know I'm fiddling or I run a long action.

jk703 and cfile like this.
  16. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

@bestcee Yes, I use the snapshot option when I'm doing a bunch of editing changes so I can easily revert back.

@Kat Wait what????? Notes???? I had no idea but now I know I'm going to use that.

bestcee likes this.
  17. IntenseMagic

Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. It usually depends on whether or not I think to do it lol

18. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I am boring.. I don't like a lot of stuff up crowding my screen... the history is collapsed until I need it.. I used notes once or twice.

screensetup.JPG

19. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

I am enjoying seeing all the set ups others use.

20. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend