Anyone post layouts to Scrapbooking.com?

Discussion in 'Help Pad' started by KellyM, Jun 5, 2019.

1. KellyM

KellyM Kickin' cancer's butt!

Wondering if anyone posts there layouts to Scrapbooking.com? I do and I have the same annoying thing happen every time I list the designer credits. I will include an example below.

Designed By Soco | Playing With Chevrons No. 1
    Designed By Soco | Dear Dad#8203;.

I highlighted the part that is added when posting credits. Any idea why this gets added? I thought it was because the credits had links attached but when I remove the links I still get this weird ending - #8203.

Would love to figure this out.

Thanks in advance for comments and suggestions! :)
    KellyM

2. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

I post, but this never happened to me !! sorry, I have no idea what this means . :shakehead

do you add to an album over your gallery? I always mark as digital , and post to my album...but probably this has nothing to do with that number

KellyM likes this.
  3. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

I've searched online, and it appears to be something html related. probably when you post your credits, it has something from the original line and it gets messed up. but I'm not a tech person...so I can't help! lol

KellyM likes this.
  4. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

I do, and have never encountered that either. Weird

5. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

I always post there and have never received the error, weird. Good luck.

6. LadyPatsFan

LadyPatsFan New Member

@KellyM - how are you putting your credits into the post? Are you typing it out or copying/pasting from somewhere? That character is a zero-width space. If you are copy/pasting from a formatted document like Word, Wordpad, Google Docs, you are inadvertently grabbing an extra hidden character at the end of the word, which the website translates (badly) into Unicode which your browser then can't display properly. If you are typing it, it could be from hitting enter for a new line, or something like that.

What I do to avoid that is copy/paste all my information from whatever source (Word, Docs, a web page) into Notepad (well, actually Notepad++). Then copy from Notepad into the webform. Notepad will strip out all the formatting, so you get a clean copy that whatever you are pasting into won't screw up.

I do this routinely and almost automatically when I copy my journaling from my notes into Photoshop. Depending on the font I'm using, I've gotten weird results without it. :)

7. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I am not able to post there at all, have no idea why.
    I forgot the username/password and am still waiting (it's been years now) to get the email to reset things.

jesskab likes this.
  8. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

@KellyM I agree with what @LadyPatsFan said - it has to be something from where you are copying your text/coding.

I don't usually make the credits "pretty" when I post. I just type out the name of the kit and then on the next line have the link to the kit. I keep the info in the "file info" part of my layout so I can copy and paste directly from my PSD file.

Here's an example:
    https://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/477791/view/6335695/-1/0/0.html

Hope that helps!

KellyM likes this.
  9. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

What @LadyPatsFan said. It's an HTML thing. She gave some great ideas for avoiding it.

10. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I post there often and I don't see that error. If it's a copy from Word type thing like was suggested above, I'll tell you how I post there. I always post here at TLP first and then I copy the credits I listed from my layout in the gallery here and then paste in there. Maybe that will save you some time and headaches? Good luck!

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  11. KellyM

KellyM Kickin' cancer's butt!

Super helpful friends!!! Thanks for all the great comments. I do copy and post layout credits. So I will try some of the tactics listed above. Thank you.

Karen likes this.
  12. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

I do, and I have never had that happen when I upload pages. Hmmm.

13. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

This is ironic - I just started trying to post there and I gave up - it was too complicated. I need to go back and see if these suggestions help.

14. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

(it does make make appreciate how easy the gallery is here! :giggle)

bestcee likes this.
  15. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I thought the very same thing, Justine! I've attempted to upload to two different galleries this week and they were both crazy! I gave up on both of them.

bellbird likes this.