Summer | Pad Patter 6.2

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, Jun 2, 2019.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

That is so awesome!!! I love it and what a cool thing for you family even if they don't speak Welsh.

Angela Toucan likes this.
  2. bestcee

I've been doing that all winter here to you!

My 20th is coming up, and I haven't decided whether I want to go.

My mom actually suggested taking munchkin for some time this summer! I hope she does!

bellbird and amien1 like this.
  3. bestcee

My summer plans:
    YMCA pool. School. Trampoline park (air conditioning and free WiFi). School. Air conditioning at home. School. And school break in August.

Plus, planning for a wedding trip in the fall.

Angela Toucan likes this.
  4. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Of the 3 indoor trampoline places I've been to with the kids here, none of them are air-conditioned - serious design flaw for the parents sitting there as well as the sweaty kids

5. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

We officially started our "summer" this week...although we took a trip to DC 2 weeks ago that sort of kicked off our summer but then we had to come back and do school testing.

During the summer we do a lighter load of school. My kids go to some different camps. My sis will probably take my kids to the pool a lot (something I don't care to do - and she got 4 extra passes just for them - Yay!). We have a trip to the beach planned in July. My hubby and I celebrate our 20th anniversary at the end of July. We'll probably do something close by as my youngest has a hard time when we are gone at night. We can leave for one night and her older sisters can help her manage but more than that I don't know how she would do. We might try 2 nights away...we'll see.

6. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

My 45th class reunion is this summer but I'm not going and it is even in the town I live in! They chose to have it the main weekend of the 50th Anniversary celebration of Neil Armstrong's walk on the moon. I have invited family to visit that weekend so will not leave them to attend a reunion.

Otherwise, summer will be trying to enjoy all the 50th festivities going on in town... they are starting to ramp up this month and will be almost non-stop in July.

I hope to sneak in a trip to Michigan to see my cousins that live in Orlando while they are up north as well. Haven't seen them for 3 years.

And, setting up a new computer will be happening in the near future. Delivery is scheduled for Thursday. Maybe with a new, faster computer some scrapping might be on the agenda!

7. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

We were thinking about moving but that's not happening for now so I'm not sure what we'll be doing.

The kids are going to a family member's house the last week in June & may go to visit their aunt & uncle right after that so they may be gone for awhile! We'll see. I spent the first 3 months of the year busting tail at work while both of my bosses were gone so I have vacay time coming to me but I'm not sure what to do with it. I'd really love to spend a long weekend visiting my BFF who I haven't seen in almost 4 years so maybe I can work that in if I can find a cheap flight.

What will most likely end up happening is a whole lot of same ol' same ol' -- the kids will be at the babysitter's and go to some evening camps and I will work and take a day off here or there so we can go do something local. Our staycation last year was going to the zoo, the petting zoo, the waterpark, the county fair, & the movies so probably just that again. Ugh.

8. sakura-panda

sakura-panda Well-Known Member

We have one more week of school; there were a few days added after all the snow days we had this winter. We go right into summer band camp (an hour a day, for two weeks) and summer running for cross country (two hours every morning, until the season starts in August). We're hoping to do more day trips this year, but haven't made any solid plans yet. Since we're in southeast Michigan, we are a short (less than a couple of hours) drive from several zoos, several children's museums and science centers, gardens, and lots of other fun activities -- we just have to make the plan and set aside the time and go! Plus some art fairs, craft shows, Maker Faire and Back to the Bricks!

IntenseMagic and Karen like this.