Art Journal Challenge Schedule

Discussion in 'Art Journaling' started by SharLamb, Jun 3, 2019.

1. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

I know there have been some exceptions in the last few months, but the Art Journal challenge is one of my favorite things at TLP, and I'm wondering what is a "normal" schedule here. Just want to know what to expect instead of feeling like I have to check every day, and be disappointed when there's nothing new. I'd love to have the (planned) schedule posted on the monthly calendar of events.

AJK, wvsandy and patsyt like this.
  2. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

@SharLamb Just a suggestion. You can WATCH the main Art Journaling Pad and get an email when there is a new thread. That is what I do. It works like a charm. That is how I was notified of your new thread. :dancebun

Also tagging @AJK @wvsandy @patsyt

Angela Toucan, AJK and Cherylndesigns like this.
  3. rchansen

rchansen in the sweet tooth recovery program

@mcurtt Learn something new everyday!! Thanks for the tip. I need to get caught up on May's AJ challenges but I'm looking forward to what June has to offer as well. :)

mcurtt likes this.
  4. SharLamb

Thank you! I didn't know this. I assume I can figure out how to WATCH it.

Okay...I was already WATCHING it, but had not checked "email." I've done so now, but would still love to have the schedule on the main calendar.

Karen and mcurtt like this.
  5. mimisgirl

mimisgirl It's all about ME!

Hey Ladies - Sorry I missed this thread - and it looks like the other Pollys did too - Marilyn's idea is a good one - unfortunately as Polly's we get too many notifications and so miss some like this one when there are oh say 307 notifications to look through, lol.

@SharLamb as for a schedule - we have talked about that in the back room - and to be honest it is hard for us to give SET DATES for a number of reasons. For one, those of us who play here in the AJ forum are literally from all over the world, so we are up and on at different times - and second, most of us have "full-time jobs" here at the PAD and play here in the AJ for an added extra bonus, which means when things get busy in the rest of the pad - think iNSD, MOC, etc - AJ sometimes gets lost or dropped. This is also the main reason why we don't have set dates for challenge releases. All of us have other deadlines we are required to keep, so in order to actually provide challenges every month we have to trade off and be flexible to work with the other schedules that are more rigid.

We are working towards changing this, but it can be difficult as most of the Pollys focus on more traditional scrapbooking.

I can however tell you what we aim for in regards to the challenges I help with - and let you know we are working on making it as steady as we can.

Monthly MUSE:

Providing inspiration for AJ play every month - we trade off who leads this challenge and let that person decide when they are going to post so that they can work with their schedule. We don't have a specific post date, but encourage each Polly who leads to be consistent and post each week on the same day if possible. However real life happens, and it seems to happen a lot to artsy people :)

The goal is to have one new inspiration each week, but sometimes one or two a month are all that we can manage. Sometimes a Polly who is scheduled falls sick, has a family emergency etc, and we try to step in a help out as best we can.

Mid-Month PLAYDATE:

This way just a fun idea I had to share some of the vast hoard I have created over the years while just playing - and to give me a reason to play more. I try to post between the 12-18 but don't always make it.

We used to do some other challenges as well - but we have lost some key AJ Pollys this year and those of us that are still here have had some crazy things happen with our family, so some things have dropped for the time being.

If there are specific ones you liked let us know and we can see about working those back in somehow

6. SharLamb

Thanks for all the inside info. I KNOW how hard you work. I've been a guest on a couple of CTs, and couldn't handle it (made my hobby seem like a job, and sucked the joy out of it!), and I have no job outside the home, or kids, or pets! I know EVERYONE, including me, appreciates all you Pollys do. Kudos to you all.

mimisgirl likes this.
  7. mimisgirl

mimisgirl It's all about ME!

@SharLamb well you guys make it fun! and I LOVE every minute I get to play in here.

Just gotta say, I wasn't trying to be snarky at all - just typing quick while my kiddos run around screaming (which often comes out strained :) ), lol. There are several of us who would really would like to be able to focus more on AJ but we have to convince everyone that it is a BIG DEAL to you guys, so we can get permission and let go of some of the other responsibilities we have!

I appreciate you asking these questions (it helps our case) and I just wanted to let you know that we DO talk about it, we just have not arrived yet! Progress though - it is happening - just slowly!

SharLamb likes this.
  8. SharLamb

You didn't sound snarky at all! :D

mimisgirl likes this.