Summer | Pad Patter 6.2

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, Jun 2, 2019.

1. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

T-minus 4 days until summer vacation for me :woot:yesss:martini
    I'm so ready for some porch-sitting, coffee-drinking, book-reading time!
    Other than that, we are planning a beach trip and several amusement park trips.
    I'm sure there will be some house-cleaning in there, too, but I'm not thinking about that lol

So, I'm just wondering what is on everyone else's summer list this year? Or if you're not heading in to summer, do you have any exciting plans coming up in the next few months??

Angela Toucan likes this.
  2. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

No exciting plans here. Just working at my new job in the box office, as many shifts as they can give me, taking my kids to the pool and maybe some spontaneous other fun stuff. I'd like to get down to Virginia Beach again; we didn't go last summer. It's a 2.5 hour drive, but it's the closest ocean beach, and having grown up in San Diego, I love the ocean. Also, my husband and I will be celebrating our 23rd anniversary on July 13. Not sure how yet. We're easygoing and low budget! :D

Happy summer everyone!

IntenseMagic and Angela Toucan like this.
  3. navaja77

navaja77 Well-Known Member

Summer has started for my kids but still the routine work week for me and DH. It's basically basketball all summer for us. We have our own basketball team of incoming freshman boys (my son is part of our team). We have a brief pause in June so they can participate on their high school summer training and games. We just spend all evening Friday and all day Saturday at games. That will be all of our June weekends. We have one free weekend. Then in July, our team starts back up with tournaments so every weekend until school starts, we will be in Phoenix and Las Vegas. I am enjoying it since I love basketball. I expect this will be our summers for the next several years. We have been approached to possibly partner with our local high school to be the basketball program to train and prepare the basketball players for their team. Right now, we do not have a good program for our basketball players and it really shows in high school. One of many reasons why we started our own team.

4. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

We've been enjoying summer for about a week now. I'm loving being outside, grilling, eating yummy summer fruits, the pool, etc.

We're heading to Disney World with my parents, sister and nieces later this month and then we'll go to the beach the last week of July, just the 5 of us. I'm really looking forward to both of those trips.

IntenseMagic, BevG and Angela Toucan like this.
  5. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Summer starts mid-June here. We have a pretty low-key summer planned. The big event is a trip to visit family. My brother and SIL had their third baby, so we want to meet her. :)

6. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

We came back from our Spring 1/2 term holidays last night, we crossed the border into Wales to see my God parents and for some time near the coast. I slipped back into my South Wales accent reading the place names and the Welsh versions of the information boxes. I'm not likely to keep it much longer though, as I've no local Welsh friends to keep it going for me. I'll be back to sounding completely English again before Monday is over.

As we went to the same place as last year, to keep the album fresh/different I'm scrapping this one in Welsh. So be prepared for some interesting looking titles and sub-titles in my gallery. My Welsh is limited, and no-one else in the family speaks it, so I'll add a phrasebook page when I've finished with all the translations on it.

Summer starts at the end of July for us, but no plans for it yet.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
  7. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

We are taking a trip to Oklahoma on July 3rd, for my SIL's family reunion. We're all super excited and really looking forward to the trip! I don't like to fly, but I put my dislike for planes aside to take this wonderful trip.

8. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Summer started here about 3 weeks ago, weather-wise. This week we get a reprieve from the heat (80s instead of 90s), just in time for the wedding on Saturday. Our eldest is getting married - so excited for them. Then there is college orientation for daughter, as well building 7 wooden benches for her Girl Scout Gold Award. Meanwhile, second son, who just graduated college and the husband, who just got laid off, will be looking for jobs. Me? I am planning to scrap the summer away, inside away from the heat and humidity.

Karen and IntenseMagic like this.
  9. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

@BevG Sounds busy!! WOW- didn't know we are in similar boats! Hubster was told the last week of school that due to loss of 60 students, they were dissolving his teaching position and no job next year. :cornfused:eyerollIt was a shocker. We have been seeking guidance regarding our future and could foresee a move in next 6 months. This was like a push- and we wait to see how this is all going to come together. He has an interview for a GOOD job tomorrow- :byayout of state. :) So- that said, with all this, we aren't thinking vacation as much as re-location!!!:funfun

bestcee, Karen, BevG and 1 other person like this.
  10. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

We will get to the pool a few times as well. I'm all for an easygoing and low budget summer :) Our beach trip is our only expense and because my family owns a share of a condo there, we don't have to pay for a place to stay. That's why we never go anywhere else haha.

All the basketball sounds so fun! I love basketball, too. My son hasn't played in a couple of years and I miss it!!

I hope both your trips are just fabulous!! I'm enjoying the outside, grilling and summer foods also! Love, love this time of year!

Awwww new baby!! Congrats to them and hope you have an awesome trip!

I love that you are going to add a phrasebook page! That's so cool! Looking forward to seeing your pages!

Hope you have an awesome trip and have a relaxing flight!

It's been really hot here, too, and we're cooling to the perfect mid-70's this week! Congratulations on the wedding!! We couldn't have asked for better weather for my son's wedding yesterday...75 and sunshine...perfection! Good luck to your daughter with the orientation and bench building! And much luck to your hubby and son in the job hunt!

I feel you both. My hubby go laid off about a year and half ago and spent 6 months out of work. It is such a stressful time. He still hasn't found the job that he really wants, but at least he has one. I'm hoping a better one comes along soon so that I can actually retire :giggle

11. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

I just adore the summer! I'll be working full time. My husband is a teacher, so he'll be hanging out with my older boys (15, 12) and my little dude (2) will be in daycare. Of course, I envy them getting the summer off. School doesn't get out until late June, so we still have the better part of a month left thanks to snow days. We have several trips (all driving distance) planned.

12. BevG

I will certainly pray for you Amanda, that the interview goes well. It can be a stressful time, but we know who has this!

AJK likes this.
  13. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

We'll be looking to settle in to a new normal around here. DH retired the beginning of May but then his mom was here for a visit. Then he flew to AZ with her to spend 3 weeks helping her clear out more of his dad's things, have a garage sale, and do some home repair work for her. When he gets home this week, then we'll figure out what this retirement thing is going to look like on a day-to-day basis.

We may do some day/overnight traveling within the state. We do have a July weekend planned to travel to my family's reunion.

bestcee likes this.
  14. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

No and noooo :cry boo hoo hoo! :sickie
    (i know our winters are nothing compared to most other places but it doesn't mean i like them any more - am looking forward to lots of soups in the slow cooker and scrapping summer photos though, i think that's one of the main benefits of having the opposite seasons to you guys is i live through spring and summer vicariously without the airconditioner bill so enjoy you sweaty queues at the theme parks lol)

Karen likes this.
  15. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I hope to spend a little time at our trailer in WA but will also spend lots of wkends out at the beach with Bailey as she’s in a care home for the summer that is across the street from the ocean. Taz is loving it. I walk a Taz 2-3 times a day so the summer weather is so enjoyable for our walks along the river.

Karen likes this.
  16. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

We have to get through this last week of school and THEN we can start to think about summer. It's kind of weird and kind of awesome that we don't really have any plans for the summer. I'm looking forward to the free weekends to do whatever we want. I am going to try my best to be intentional about planning low key things to do as a family to get us out of the house together. I'm thinking bike rides, trips to the beach, maybe camping a time or two, but right now we don't have anything other than two weddings in July, but those are both at our church, so that is awesome.

I love summer. :heartslub

17. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

I am hoping on finding some hours to make up for the ones I was cut. So not sure how my summer is going to go at this point.

I do have a trip to Chicago planned for next week, I am looking forward to hanging out with my sister.

bestcee and BevG like this.
  18. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

@BevG Yes, we do! When he was in the conference with headmaster and school's Pastor, he heard the Lord say "It's ok. It's part of My plan." :) NOT the way I would have wished this to happen, but what do I know? lol! Thanks!

bestcee and BevG like this.
  19. BevG

Oh, I forgot - my husband has his 40th anniversary of his high school graduation this summer. So a trip to Ky will happen. If he is still unemployed, we will probably take a whole week to do that.

20. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

My kiddos aren't out of school until the 14th- so a couple weeks left is all! They def have a countdown! ;) We are fortunate enough to have access to a lake house (in laws) so we spend A LOT of time there (it's only 30 mins from our house!) We are planning a trip to the OR coast, then my mom keeps the kids for almost two weeks (she lives in Western WA- about 300 miles away from us) and while she has them, the hubby & I are going on a mini getaway to British Columbia. :D Nothing too crazy, but still super fun! :D

bestcee likes this.