Lilypad Letters Swap {June 2019} Partner Assignments

Discussion in 'Hybrid Pad' started by jenn mccabe, Jun 1, 2019.

1. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Yay! Partner assignments for the Lilypad Letters swap for JUNE are here! If you want a digital template to help get the sizes correct for printing @Rikki created one for Mirjam's blog with a little tutorial - check it out here. Also, please make suggestions for July's themes at this time!

JUNE themes:
    * Summertime
    Mei and @Kat
    @wendy85 and @jenn mccabe
    @Becca Bonneville and @Cherylndesigns

* Fireflies & Bonfires
    @BevG and @Kat
    @LoveItScrapIt and @Sokee

Please remember: send a full trading card sized/9 pocket page protector with each pocket filled (& include a letter) to your partner. See my Pinterest Board for ideas regarding what to send. The original post with full details is HERE.

Some helpful hints/tips to get started:
    1. PM your partner to get your swap going. Please do this right away at the beginning of the month. From there you can exchange emails or continue to exchange info via the PM/Conversation feature through the Lilypad site.
    2. Only share your personal info/address via PM/email.
    3. Follow your assigned theme.
    4. Regardless of what theme you signed up for, you can ask a few basic questions to find out what your partner likes. For example: flavors they like or don’t like or favorite colors. Anything they are obsessed with. It’s up to you. But sometimes this helps if you are sending little things like tea, etc.
    5. Be mindful of how much bulk/stuff you add. You can stuff to your heart’s content, but the bulk will add to the cost of shipping. Perhaps you and your partner can discuss if you prefer to “stuff” or go lighter/thinner?
    6. You have until the end of the month to get your letter in the mail to your partner. It does not have to arrive by the end of the month, it just should be mailed by the last day of the month.
    7. Please remember to take a photo before you send your letter out, but wait until you hear back from your partner (that they received it) to post the photo so you don’t spoil their Happy Mail surprise!
    8. Remember to use at least 75% TLP if using digi supplies.
    9. When you receive your letter, PM/email your partner to confirm you received it.
    10. Share what you made for JUNE here in this thread (and in the gallery if it contains 50% TLP stuff) so we can oooh and ahhhh over your creations!
    Have FUN!!!!

Kat and Becca Bonneville like this.
  2. Kat

Kat Seeking wine/shopping/teeth brushing support group

For July
    Pool Themed/Swimming/Lake/Water
    Obvious one is 4th of July but we would need an alternative for international people.
    Summer Weather

3. wendy85

wendy85 Doin' a little chair dance here at my desk

for July maybe theme: Traveling/4th of July/Pool

4. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

Theme ideas for July.

Ice Cream
    Christmas in July
    Beach Bums

5. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Yay for the partner pairings!! I've been extra busy today with the move, but got a message on Tapatalk from Becca!! We've already chatted!!

For July,
    I'd love to do 4th of July, but as Kat said, we'd need an alternative for international people. Just good ole summertime, as far as I'm concerned. Anything to do with summer.

6. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

How about
    In the City
    Or
    At the Zoo

7. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

I really like some of the ones already suggested. What about favorite summer activities like:
    - eating watermelon
    - roasting marshmallows and making s'mores
    - camping
    - hiking (although it is really too hot here for that unless you go early in the day or in the evening)
    - beach
    - mountains

8. jenn mccabe

9. Rikki

Rikki Next I'm going to look up naughty limericks

Sorry, I didn't sign up for June but we have unexpected visitors coming in June and I still have to finish my May PL (sorry, @Kat ). Hopefully July I will be back in the swing of things.

Kat likes this.
  10. LoveItScrapIt

11. Kat

I just write a little note to my partner discussing whatever comes to mind. I use a small piece of notepaper and fold it up in one of the card pockets.

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  12. Kat

You know just whenever you get around to it is fine for me. I mailed yours last week (I think I messaged you)... I don't know how long it takes but I'd expect it to take a little bit to swim on over. lol

PS I'm only (kind of) on top of it b/c I figured out my silhouette and it does all the cutting work for me now.

13. LoveItScrapIt

Thank you!!!

Kat likes this.
  14. jenn mccabe

Looks like your question has been answered Kiana! Anything from a short little "hello" note to a longer letter ... it's really up to you. Or you can be like me and get so busy stuffing your letter with little gifts and bits that you forget to include the letter. I've done that twice now! :banghead

Sokee and LoveItScrapIt like this.
  15. LoveItScrapIt

Yup. Thanks. I don't know how good mine turned out. I'm not great with scissors....you ladies make yours look so gorgeous

jenn mccabe likes this.
  16. jenn mccabe

Some of my fave letters I have rec'd ... are so completely the opposite of what mine look like. I love getting letters that really represent the style of the artist that made it. Embrace your style and do what you are comfortable with. That's what makes this SO fun!

17. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I'm done with mine, I even included my "letter" but I haven't gotten it ready to mail yet. I wrote mine out on some of my favorite lined paper and folded it small and put it in one of the pockets. I'm hoping to get mine in the mail by next week.

18. LoveItScrapIt

Mine is done. Gonna try and mail it this weekend.

19. wendy85

wendy85 Doin' a little chair dance here at my desk

mine is done too

20. LoveItScrapIt

@Sokee - your package is on its way!!!!! YAY!!!!!