Moody weather | pad patter 5.28.19

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by keepscrappin, May 28, 2019.

1. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I love to go out and soak up the sun too! I have to be careful I don't get sunburned, but there's just something rejuvenating about letting the sun warm my body.

Karen likes this.
  2. keepscrappin

I agree. I don't like when we don't get all 4 seasons. I hate when it goes from 40 to 90 overnight. I also worry about flooding when the temperatures go to extremes like that.

3. keepscrappin

I hope the rain stays away for your move too. Moving is hard enough in good weather. You don't need everything getting soaked while you're trying to move.

4. keepscrappin

WOW... transformers blowing... now, that's a lot of rain! Glad the sun came out for you!

5. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

It's been so dry here! We could use some rain.

I like a rainy day mixed in with lots of sunny days. If I have more than one day of rain my kids go stir crazy, they NEED to play outside.

6. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Feel free to send us your rain ! We're going into level 1 water restrictions this weekend because the dam levels are dropping (they should have started ages ago but anyway). The ski season is also starting a week early south of here b/cos we've had about a week of winter already - I'm over it already, (I'm one of those people that doesn't understand why people go to play in the snow :cornfused)

7. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

We get a lot of rain here in Fredericksburg, Virginia. I'm definitely more productive on sunny days, but I don't mind rain usually. Lately, a couple of times, I've even not let it stop me taking my daily walk. I just used an umbrella. Using an umbrella is the part of rainy days I dislike. I'm more likely to try to avoid using an umbrella than avoid getting wet. :giggle

8. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Speaking of weather :badmood:swingin:firey --- this was on my phone first thing this morning:

61197642_10219116776339916_2469091391829966848_n.jpg

It's CRAZY [​IMG] today. Went out to help Hubster move the littles blow up pool- less than 10 minutes and the glare was so bad I couldn't see inside for another 5 minutes. This is the first truly hot day that I have found to be difficult. Guess who will be sneakin' into the pool this evening?!! fl46-Copy.gif haha.

9. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Today is the first day of SUN.... It's gorgeously HOT and STEAMY!

AJK likes this.
  10. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Whoa! That is SO hot! Yikes! I hope you are able to take a dip in that pool and cool off!

AJK likes this.
  11. KarenW

KarenW Send in the Clowns

Me too and we live much closer to the snow - can see it on the Brindabellas for the past couple of days (the nearest mountain range although it is really just a bunch of very pretty hills). All our friends were amazed that when we went to Japan we didn't go skiing because that seemed to be the only reason they would go there...

But I could live with weeks of rain, the drought we had in the 90's and early 2000's will be forever burnt on my brain and will take rain whenever it comes our way. We are lucky this year that we have had enough so we haven't needed water restrictions but I see Melbourne is also headed down that track. So very glad we don't get any tornadoes though!

bellbird likes this.
  12. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

it has been a rainy spring here, I'm ready for some sun BUT I do have to admit all my rose shrubs/plants/trees are loving this spring they look stunning!

13. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Update on this past week. 16 or 17 tornadoes were confirmed for the state of Ohio overnight Monday/Tuesday. 3 of those were in my county. If can say "luckily" they were EF0 and EF1. The one right outside of my town actually hit 2 homes along with many farm buildings (it was the EF1). I know one of the homeowners... the tornado first touched down on their property. No one was harmed in these tornadoes. One of the EF0 tornadoes was caught on tape by a camera at a high school in a small town on the eastern side of the county (my town is in the middle). It was in the school parking lot but did no major damage to the school.

We still have people in recovery mode though from the major flooding that happened May 17th. That was from a boatload of rain that happened in a short amount of time. There was flooding of streets in my town that I have never seen flooded.

We have had some more rain this week but nothing to cause flooding. As for me, I am still without a desktop computer so not getting on the internet much. Hate using the laptop... it is so slow! New computer has been ordered and hopefully will be here mid-week.