what do you order?|pad patter-may 29?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by AnneofAlamo, May 29, 2019.

1. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

First off, where did May go? I am a bit amazed at that bit of magical disappearance! lol
    [​IMG]
    But, I was just thinking about eating out, as I drink my first cup of coffee...lol
    We don't have many places to choose from here in my little town, but we do load up and go to the big city now and again!
    [​IMG]
    I am one that will eat the same thing at the same restaurant every time.
    [​IMG]
    I am not one to try new things. What about you?

cfile likes this.
  2. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I am pretty much same things all the time when I’m out thanks to my food intolerances

3. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

If I find something good that I really love I will almost always order the same thing. I hate ordering something new and hating it and wishing I had just stuck with what I know. I'm just not that adventurous with food.

keepscrappin likes this.
  4. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

It varies by restaurant. Some I always get the same thing, while at others I try different stuff each time. In general, I vary more than I remain the same. I usually decide what meat I am hungry for and then take it from there, i.e. chicken, beef, etc.

5. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Most of the time we like to go to the TX Long Horn for dinner... we no longer cook steak at home and haven't for many years as we eat more chicken and salads, so when we go there it is always a ribeye and then I always get asparagus and a salad with no potato... yes same thing every time we go but I like it :) When we go to restaurants we go to alot I generally get the same thing. If it is a new restaurant, that is where it is more adventurous and if it is good, and we go back to the restaurant, I will have a new "normal" there... funny I am the same as @carrie1977 Carrie.. I would hate to order something new and not like it!

keepscrappin likes this.
  6. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I usually know what I want before I even look at the menu. Will stick with what I know and what was good last time. Hubby needs to see the menu every. single. time. I don't understand. I can easily order for him, because he will get what he likes/had last time. But he needs to see the menu to choose. And then he sits and people watches and enjoys just being with the people he loves and we will all be ready and know what we want - but he hasn't looked yet.

I so should scrapbook this!

AnneofAlamo, cfile and Tree City like this.
  7. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Because I am paleo/low carb, restaurant choices are limited so I don't go often. Before paleo, I would generally order beef or chicken, fries with gravy, the more cheese the better and forget the veggies, I can eat them at home...so, at the restaurant I would want the good stuff....the starch, the meat, the sauces, cheese, etc. No wonder I was unhealthy LOL. These days, I order meat, no sauce, no wheat coating, no starches and lots of veggies.

8. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Like Bev, there are some restaurants where I always order the same thing. Then there are other restaurants where I like to mix it up. Last night we went to Chili's and I ordered the Buffalo chicken salad. It was new to me. (DH, our cook, broke his foot on Sunday, so I think we'll be eating out more frequently than normal. No one, including me, wants me in the kitchen too much LOL!)

9. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

That is my favorite thing there!

Tree City likes this.
  10. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I’m not one to try new things. I usually stick to what I know I like. We don’t eat out very often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I usually stick to my favs because like @carrie1977 I don't want to have to eat something I don't like, but my hubby is more adventurous and tries new things. I've tasted things from his plate and have been glad I stayed with the tried and true, but I've also been happily surprised from his plate and found I liked things that I never would have ordered on my own.

Last edited: May 29, 2019
    cfile likes this.
  12. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I haven't tried that one. I wonder if it's like the sticky finger salad at Wingers. I'll have to look at it next time we go to Chilis. I usually get the chicken ranch quesadillas or a steak and veggies at Chilis. Oh and we always get the chips and queso if the kids are with us. If we're alone, we try to be healthier and get the chips and guac.

13. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

It really depends on the place. There are some places that I know what I like and I go there for that, but most places I like to try new things every time we go or cycle through several favs, depends on my mood :)

14. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

It was my first time getting it. It was good! Next time I think I'll get a chicken taco dish that looked good, but I was glad I ventured out from my usual. We don't go there often, but the service was good and the food was hot and correct, so we'll probably start going there more often.

IDK because I never heard of Wingers until your post lol. But I can say that IMHO it's good. :) I used to get the Buffalo Ranch chicken tacos but I didn't see them on the menu. At first I was going to be wild lol and get a pasta dish but DD chose it. (She's started ordering off the Adult menu. Man, I miss those kid's menu prices!) While I wouldn't mind ordering the same dish as DD, I wanted to get something different in case she didn't like her meal so we could trade. But the server heard me asking DD if she really wanted Cajun spice or if she should try something simpler, and she was kind enough to ask the kitchen to put the Cajun spices on the side, like a dry dip, so her pasta was rather "normal" tasting lol and she liked it.

keepscrappin likes this.
  15. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Something new- almost EVERY time- why? Because I'm payin' for it but not cooking it; and I don't want to pay for something I can make at home, so that usually means something new. Plus, my Mom and I are the adventuresome ones of the family- plus my daughter. We will go most anywhere and eat most anything just for the experience! :D Hubster- no. He orders same thing nearly everywhere, lol!

16. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I usually have a couple of things I stick to at the restaurants we go to. I know what I like. :)

17. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

I almost always order some sort of fish or seafood. No one in my house likes it- so I never really prepare it at home. Gotta get my fix when we eat out!

18. michele hillam

michele hillam Loading up the bookmobile

I usually stick to a set something, and I usually pick the restaurant on hum, do I feel like bang bang shrimp from Bonefish Grill or do I feel like pork tacos from Hacienda?

What I don’t like is when the take my regular off the menu!!! It turned out okay because I found a recipe on Pinterest and made it at home.

I try new things and try to replicate them (hopefully a little healthier) in my own kitchen.

This post is making me hungry!

19. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I love to try new things when I eat out. I figure it's a great opportunity to have things I don't normally have at home.

At the same time, I have favorites at a few local places that I get repeatedly.

AJK likes this.
  20. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

If we go out to a new restaurant I'm the annoying one who has to look at the whole menu before I decide. I love to try different and whacky things just to see if I'm missing out on something good! Most of the time I like what I order and it's fun to have something new. Then there are my favorite restaurants in my own town that I've already tried a lot of the menu, and I know what I love, so I do come back and order the same few things a lot.