Moody weather | pad patter 5.28.19

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by keepscrappin, May 28, 2019.

1. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I don’t know about you but all this rain is getting me down. I’m OK for a few days of rain but this has been going on for weeks and weeks. You would think by the end of May we would see more sun! All this rain makes me want to go back to bed and snuggle up in a warm blanket. I need the sun, I crave the sun! It makes me happy and chases all the blues away.

DE13DBC1-FF11-4ED2-8DFF-7A707D9DEE3C.jpeg

How about you? Is your mood affected by the weather?

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  2. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

I don't want to leave the house when it's raining. IDK if it's my mood that's affected so much as my Wicked Witch attitude towards water. :giggle We haven't had a ton of rain this past month but we had a weird, freak storm this morning...right at DS's bus time. So when I first read the thread's title "Moody weather," I thought you meant the weather was moody cuz it sure has been here! Yesterday was gorgeous and today has been all over the map.

keepscrappin likes this.
  3. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

That’s us in the summer. It rains nearly every day. That’s when we get our rain supply for the rest of the year but it sure gets old. I know how you feel when it constantly rains. Ugh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

keepscrappin likes this.
  4. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

We get a lot of rain here on the west coast so we grumble but try to suck it up b/c what else can we do. But it does get frustrating when it rains for days on end. The last few yrs our summers have been drier than usual which is nice except that there are more forrest fires in the interior b/c of the increased dryness.

I love the sunshine and there is nothing better than waking up in the morning to warm temps and clear skies.

keepscrappin likes this.
  5. patsyt

patsyt Loop-de-loops? Not a fan!

I’m missing our Florida sun! Just spent the day driving in snow and temps down to 32. Not sure traveling through Wyoming was such a good idea!

keepscrappin likes this.
  6. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

It's sunny and hot here. In fact, I was just thinking when I picked Daniel up from school how parched and dry the grass looks in our area and we could do with a bit of rain. Looks like we are supposed to have some rain move through toward the weekend.

I am the weirdo that actually loves rainy days. Well, I love rainy days if I'm at home and don't have to go out anywhere. There's something about being cozy in the house and it being darker/overcast outside . . . it makes me feel so happy and safe. Now, if I'm out in the rain, I'm not a huge fan of that at all. Mostly because my balance isn't great and then walking in rain/drenched walkways/parking lots is hazardous to my health. LOL

keepscrappin likes this.
  7. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

We've honestly had pretty much perfect weather for the last couple of weeks here and I've really needed it. I have so much going on, I need the energy the sunshine brings me. We've had a little rain on and off, but not days of it like we had a month or two ago, thank goodness. My mood is totally affected by the weather, but I do appreciate a rainy day every now and then, just to make me slow down and be lazy.

keepscrappin likes this.
  8. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I'll take rain over tornado warnings and watches any day. Had both in the last 24 hours.

Tornado warning was a little after 10:00 last night. Peyton and I went to the basement where I turned on the TV to keep up with what was happening. That is until the power went out. The basement was DARK. My lantern was in my office. Using my cell phone I made it to the stairs to come upstairs and get the lantern. Since there was no power anywhere, there were no warning sirens or tv coverage. I huddled down in the shower with Peyton and tried to keep up with what was going on with my phone and the local 911 group on facebook. Once the warning was lifted, we went to bed... still without power. That was somewhere around midnight.

I woke up at 3:15 and still no power. I made my way to the bathroom in the dark then went back to bed. I heard the power come on about 5:45. It was a very restless night not knowing when the power would come back on. The power outages were widespread over much of western Ohio. Once the power was back on, I was able to get some good sleep. Then I found out the my computer got fried when the power went out. It is 6 years old and it didn't surprise me because some minor things have been happening lately that made me suspect it was going out. Unfortunately I didn't go with my gut and get a new computer when I thought about it.

So I pulled out my laptop and have limited computer use. I do have backblaze so should be able to get most things back when I get another computer. I also have an EHD backup that does backups on Fri and Tues. I made no major changes since last Friday so hopefully that will give me everything.

Tonight we had another thunderstorm and more storms are in the forecast for tomorrow.

Oh yeah. I live just 20 miles from Celina, Ohio where an 81 year old man was killed when a car fell on his house during the tornado that hit there. 2nd tornado to hit that town in 18 months. Dayton, Ohio where there was a lot of damage as well (no fatalities though) is 50 miles south of me. And, just outside of my town, several farm buildings/barns were destroyed by a tornado that thankfully touched down in the countryside.

Needless to say, I am ready for much sunnier weather.

keepscrappin and AJK like this.
  9. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I hate rain for the simple reason I live in a 2 storey house (1 living storey and 1 garaging storey) with 17 exterior stairs which are slippery when it rains. And yes thanks to my amazing coordination I have slipped down them more than once on my rear.

keepscrappin likes this.
  10. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Yikes @HavaDrPepper that an exhausting night! We had a tornado watch on Monday evening, but it never materialized into anything more than a mild thunderstorm thankfully.

We have had SOOOOO much rain over the last 6 weeks! It has definitely been more cloudy and gray than I would like, but I will say that for the past 3-4 weekends, we have had sunshine and warmth on either Saturday or Sunday, which has been fabulous! I just go out and soak up the sun!

Also, I have loved the side effect of it being so nice and cool at night for sleeping. That's my least favorite part of when it starts getting hot out. I love to sleep with the window open and a nice cold breeze! Makes for great sleeping!

11. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I can't handle having it rain every day. It's only been warm Spring weather 5 or 6 days since the beginning of Spring in March. What I'm really worried about is going straight from this into 90+ degree summer.

The same thing happened last year between Summer and Winter -- one day it was 90, the next it was 40. We had no fall at all.

keepscrappin likes this.
  12. GlazeFamily3

GlazeFamily3 Peeking in everyone's windows ...

We haven’t had any rain in Georgia in a while. It is so dry and we could desperately use some. My husband is already in Pennsylvania and has experienced a good deal of rain. I actually enjoy the rain... as long as it stays away when the movers get here in a few days :happyclap

keepscrappin likes this.
  13. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Whaaat? No rain in Georgia? Well SC has had TONS since Hurricane Florence- like- the storm was a water magnet here or something. So much rain that transformers are blowing nearly every week. This past 7 days have been the exception- loads of sun and 85% humidity--- 94+ degrees daily. But I'll take the sun over rain ANY DAY!!

keepscrappin likes this.
  14. keepscrappin

This is me... wicked witch! I don't like to get wet! Our weather has been all over the place but mostly wet and rainy. Thankfully it's sunny today! :byay

Tree City likes this.
  15. keepscrappin

I could never live somewhere that has tons of rain. I think I'm water adverse... hehe! And you're right there's nothing better than waking up in the morning to warm temps and clear skies!

16. keepscrappin

oh boy Wyoming snow in May! I'd be missing the Florida sun too!

17. keepscrappin

I do have to admit that everything is nice and green here. Our neighbor's patch of grass along their driveway next to our yard has never looked better. It's usually a dried out, ugly mess since they've had sprinkler issues, but this year it's green and pretty.

My hubby loves the rain and likes to go out and stand on the porch and enjoy the sounds and smells. I only like it if I don't have to go anywhere and can stay inside and dry, all bundled up warm and cozy. I hear ya on the wet walkways/parking lots, I've had a couple of falls that weren't fun.

gonewiththewind likes this.
  18. keepscrappin

I like how you said the sunshine brings you energy. That's what I'm talking about. The sun energizes me, cheers me up and makes me happy! :swingin

19. keepscrappin

I'm so glad we don't have to worry about tornadoes in Utah. I'm glad you made it through ok.

20. keepscrappin

oh dear Jennifer! Glad you've survived to tell about it.