Dreams | Pad Patter 5.26

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, May 26, 2019.

1. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I just woke up from a nice little Sunday afternoon nap, but what kept it from being perfect was this sort of recurring dream that I have. It's always different because of settings and situations, but in the dream I am just so tired, like can't keep my eyes open, can barely function tired. The dream centers around something really ordinary and everyday that I'm doing, but I'm just exhausted and trying desperately to wake myself up so that I can do whatever it is I need to do. Weird. I've searched Google to see if it has any meaning, but haven't really come up with anything other than it might be stress related, but I don't feel particularly stressed about anything right now.

Any dream interpreters out there? Do you have any recurring dreams??

2. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Nothing recurring for me.

I do tend to dream about my parents a lot... and they are always in current situations. One I had recently involved the gutting of the basement that I had done this past winter. I was showing it to my parents and giving my dad a hard time about not making sure the windows were locked before he put paneling over them in the late 80's. No wonder it was always cold down there in the winter! The windows were cracked open about 1/4" when the paneling came down.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  3. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

I'm not a interpreter but have a few different recurring dreams. Not a big fan of them, most of them are either super weird or "bad"/scary

IntenseMagic likes this.
  4. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I kept a dream journal for a long time. My recurring dream is that I find rooms that I didn't know I had. I guess that means that you have "undiscovered" places that you have yet to find. I used to have a dream analysis book, but I has gotten lost in one of our moves.

AJK, SeattleSheri and IntenseMagic like this.
  5. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Your dream sounds like my life Jan LOL! After we had the snake in the backyard incident & seeing them in wildlife parks recently, snakes became a recurring thing that would wake me up; in one of them that i still remember, for some reason i had thought buying DH a snake as a gift, an albino looking python, would be a good idea, until i got home and then i was trying to run it over on our driveway but it kept moving, cue waking up - only in a dream world would i have thought that was a good idea and i have no idea how it got 'out' on the driveway and all the how's and why's of dreams but it has cemented for me that i still do not like snakes, real or otherwise!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  6. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Oh I have dreamed this one Cheryl. In some of them, the floor is very badly warped and sloped by water damage or rot or something. I also have had all the other obvious ones: finding out I had a final exam for a class that I had not gone to the entire semester, I can't find my locker (or I can never remember the combination), I show up somewhere topless, etc.

I will say this: for a couple of recurring dreams, once I figured out the cause of them and analyzed why I was feeling that way, they stopped. It was as if my waking mind was able to convince the sleeping mind everything was indeed okay and the dream trauma no longer occurred.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  7. Cherylndesigns

I completely agree, Bev. I sometimes think that our dreams really are trying to tell us something and when we realize what that is, then they stop. I haven't had the "discovering new rooms" dream for a long time now. I rarely even remember what I dream anymore.

8. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I just adore weekend afternoon naps, seldom dream then though, or maybe I just don't remember them.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  9. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

I usually have dreams that involve wild animals - like a huge snake (the other day), a wild tiger encounter while out hiking, just strange things like that. Very Lost-esque (polar bears on island sort of thing), just animals that often don't belong in the environment.

I'm horrible about remembering #s - so when I was school aged - I always had the "can't remember my locker combo" dream. I hated that dream so much!

IntenseMagic and BevG like this.
  10. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

If I had to venture a guess, I would say your dream means your subconscious is telling you, you are stretched to thin and are worried you can't get everything done.

The recurring dream I had for years goes like this: I'm back in college and need to register for classes. I keep trying to register for classes but can't remember how to do it. I finally register for classes, but when school starts I don't remember what I registered for or where the classrooms are located and for whatever reason I don't know who to contact to find out. When I finally figure it out, there is a test and I'm grossly unprepared.

The last time I had this dream was a few years ago and for the first time the ending changed. Not only did I make it to class, but I was prepared and brought donuts for everyone, lol. I haven't had the dream since.

The worst is when you have a dream that someone IRL does something super annoying (that they didn't actually do). I always have this nagging feeling upon waking that I'm mad at them (thankfully it's fleeting, but still).

Last edited: May 27, 2019
    IntenseMagic likes this.
  11. SeattleSheri

I've had that one! Or that I showed up to school with no shoes on.

jenn mccabe likes this.
  12. SeattleSheri

I've had a recurring dream about living in a house that has many undiscovered rooms. I always love that I find more space and interesting things I didn't know about. The space I dream of is almost exactly the same every time I have the dream.

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  13. Cherylndesigns

That’s fascinating that so many of us have the undiscovered rooms dream. My rooms look different, but have the same “feel” if that makes sense. They’re usually very large rooms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Oh yes!!! Except I do wake up mad and have to remind myself that it did not really happen. I have dreamed several times that my husband re-arranged all the dishes in the kitchen cabinets just because. I was so mad at him. Probably related to him not putting things back "where they belong". Or not loading the dishwaser "correctly" or some other control issue of mine.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  15. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

That could be true....this is the time of year I have the most going on and my son threw a wedding in to the mix this year lol.
    And yeah, I've had to talk myself out of being mad at DH a few times because of dreams haha

SeattleSheri likes this.
  16. SeattleSheri

I had a dream my husband sold our house without consulting with me and I was furious! We still laugh about it. Every once in a while, he says he's sold the house, lol.

Sokee and BevG like this.
  17. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I don't remember my dreams much, usually just a few vague details and I haven't noticed anything recurring but one thing I dreamt a lot about before was smoking. For about 3 yrs after I quit (going back many yrs now) I would dream I was smoking and then would wake up not remembering for a minute or two if I had really been smoking or not. The dream eventually went away.

18. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

I don't drive, I don't have a licence.
    At my early 20s I used to have a recurring dream about having to drive a car without knowing how to. It was a bit difficult at first, but then I was always able to figure it out and I was like "see, it's not that diffult". I haven't had it ever since my dad died (I was 24), which makes no sense to me, because I have more responsibilities after his passing.
    The car was always the same: the big black car my uncle used to have (he died when I was 11 or 12).

19. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

For years I had a reoccurring dream about running arms stretched out and flying just a few feet or yards above ground. That stopped about 15 years ago. When I was younger I was convinced it was an actual skill I had, LOL!
    I have found that dreams are of two categories:
    1. Dreams that are usually a mash up of recent events/thoughts, silly things mashed together. These are dreams that we can laugh about and move on.
    2. Messages to ourselves from beyond our conscious (awake) selves; either from within us: our thoughts, questions; or from ( I believe) the Lord. They can be foretelling of things to come, good or bad. Either way they need to be heeded. I have several dreams that have come to pass. And other dreams that were warnings and through prayer I was given the way out of a potentially harmful situation. There can be symbols in a dream that are significant. And there can be nuances that need to be discovered.
    Once hubster and I dreamed the same night about the same group of people and fire was in both of our dreams. The dream was revealing and a warning for those people, which we did share. It came to pass about a year later that the fire represented a damaging belief system that spread (like fire) and because the warning went unheeded, many people were hurt.
    One dream that came to pass was several years ago- our son was with his family but they had 3 children, not two. At the time of the dream, they were discussing the vasectomy option and DIL swore "no more". I quietly smiled. I KNEW that dream was for real. Now, they have 3 kids!
    The key to interpretation is research the symbols and see which one of those descriptions "clicks" with you. For me, interpretation begins with prayer, and usually ends with understanding. Sometimes quickly and sometimes over time.

Last edited: May 30, 2019
  20. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

I rarely remember my dreams but I had a nightmare last night in which I was in bed sleeping when someone came into the room and was going to hurt me. I woke up in the dream and realized that if I rolled away at the last minute they would miss me, so I rolled over and promptly fell out of bed!!!! OUCH!! I have never done that before in my life but now have a black and blue elbow/arm.

cinderella likes this.