WINNING Thread (even small things) | pad patter may 22

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by AnneofAlamo, May 22, 2019.

1. jenevang

jenevang Rocking a two-piece under my scrubs

We graduated our 2nd son from HS and sent our oldest back to China... not sure it that's a win or a tearjerker, but it's something, :giggle

(YIKES, that photo is big :rofl )

IMG_5413.jpg

BevG, AJK and Cherylndesigns like this.
  2. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

What a beautiful and happy picture, Jen! :heartslub:heartslub:heartslub

3. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

May24_2019ECS.JPG I haven't posted about this, because, well you will see why I wanted to wait until it was over...
    DH taught High School for the first time this year. I knew he would be great, but also warned him that his congenial disposition might be problematic (I taught High School for five years). Early this year, a disgruntled student who did not like being called out started a horrid accusation against DH. It grew into a mountain of gossip and led to a confrontation involving a parent/dad and the administration, school board Pres. with DH. Horrible things were said. DH took it like a man, and allowed the parent to rant long enough to hang himself with his words. The school's pastor stepped in and called the meeting to a halt. DH kept his composure but attempts were made to try to get him to agree to having his laptop reviewed to satisfy the parent. This of course, is illegal, as it is personal property and he uses the schools provided computer at work. We consulted a local detective and he confirmed this. It was horrible- such accusations can destroy innocent lives, including people like DH's and mine! All was proven to be false and dismissed, and everyone focused on finishing the school year.
    THE WIN is that last night DH finished the school year well with attending Commencement- - his head held high. I am so proud! God has done great things this year- and so has DH!

Last edited: May 26, 2019
    Cherylndesigns and ashleywb like this.
  4. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

My win for the week may be a little silly.

I let my freshman daughter have a party for 30+ of her friends to celebrate the last day of school. First, this daughter of mine is a SUPER social creature (and I am much more introverted). Second, our house is small, but the yard is huge, so the plan was to keep everything outside. I was just unreasonably nervous about it - would they have fun, would it be out of control, bother the neighbors, trash our yard, etc...

We did yard games, music, water balloons, silly string and smores. And it went so well. And more importantly it really meant a lot to Natalie and was worth it to give her the experience! A total WIN!

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  5. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

That is a WIN!! Congratulations.

6. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Sounds like great memories!!

7. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

A really big win for us this weekend was a doctor friend of ours getting Dick admitted to the hospital on Sunday. He was very very week and not quite there. It turned out to be exactly what he needed as they found two infections. Now it seems they will take this whole week off treatment and keep him in the cancer wing which is really nice, considering, with staff who have chosen to work there. it does delay the 'time' of treatment but 3 weeks are still left either way. He is so much being back to himself and as we women suspected, he is blossoming with all the female attention! I'm happy the nurses are so kind ...and I don't have to nag. They do everything for him incl wash around his catheter! Win for all!

BevG and AJK like this.
  8. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

That's GREAT!

cookingmylife likes this.
  9. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

We celebrated my daughter's high school graduation yesterday with a cook-out party. I think we have close to 50 people here, inside since summer has arrived in NC (93 and humid). Everything turned out well and people really enjoyed themselves. Several friends helped with the food which was really nice.

Next up: oldest son is getting married in 11 days.