Spider Therapy and foreign frights

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by AJK, May 21, 2019.

1. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

You know the theory- face what you are afraid of..? Well, 2+ years ago I was bitten by a Brown Recluse spider and the pain was intense- complete with hallucinations, night long muscle cramps and a scar.
    [​IMG]
    I was not a fan of spiders before this- and now, I have a ridiculous amount of respect for them, not to mention fear. Check out this story! I find myself checking shoes like we did in Mexico- and watching when I reach under things. I spray the house like mad, hoping to avoid anything over an inch in size, lol. We have wolf spiders and they tend to come inside this time of year. Once we found a nest of them in our son's closet- they like to hide in piles of clothes.
    [​IMG]
    So I was doing a bit better about all this till last week I was on the "potty" and noticed that something was moving in the crevice between tub and floor molding. It was huge. I am scared now, with irrational chills just recalling it. I flushed and stealthily:backing went to retrieve our insect spray. I sprayed it:gun and it CRAWLED OUT!!!! {INSERT ABOVE GIF AGAIN HERE!}:faint2It was nearly three inches in size! And it was a brown recluse!!!:imok:faint2 . Then yesterday a friend posted about this Aussie arachnid and I about lost it:
    1-wrap-around-spider-664x415.jpg
    CAn you see it? Exactly! A "Wrap Around spider"disquises itself!!!!!:overreact. God, WHY? Even more, I just learned that there are "fancy" ?? spiders too!
    [​IMG]
    Ravine Trap Door spider
    Ok, I'm gonna throw up, scream and pass out now... far away from dark places filled with piles of any kind!:p
    P.S. yes, I killed that bathroom burglar! And left my shoe in the bathroom for two days...trauma mama!

Last edited: May 21, 2019
  2. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

I can't imagine! My daughter picked up a bra from under her bed and a mother spider and about a million babies fell out. I only heard the story and it can still give me nightmares. So glad that you found the one in the bathroom before it found you!

weaselwatchr and AJK like this.
  3. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

oh dear! I don't like spiders either. I smash or spray every one I see, just like this!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I know spiders serve a purpose but if they are in the house, they are not serving their purpose and they meet their demise.... bwahaha!

AJK likes this.
  4. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Me and spiders are rather cool - maybe because I can step on them. But snakes? Oh my oh my - I even dislike those harmless skinks and lizards because they slither like a snake.

5. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

oh my God!!! I'm having chills just to look at this thread!! spider :gun!!

AJK likes this.
  6. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

I felt exactly the same way- until the bite. A snake can hide somewhat- but not nearly as cleverly an easily as spiders...

7. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I am so cool with spiders (brown recluse are not a friend)..
    [​IMG]
    but if I see a mouse
    [​IMG]
    then it is like the Ebola Virus was let loose in my house[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and I will spend my children's inheritance on traps
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I will not rest until I take the mouse's dead body out of my home!

cfile likes this.
  8. michele hillam

michele hillam Loading up the bookmobile

I am lucky my Daughter married a guy that owns a pest control company. The only time I have seen a live spider in my house is when it "hitch-hiked" on a package sitting on the front porch . Outside (although I still don't like them) they are tolerable, inside, NEVER! They take care of mice too but I am not so worried about them!
    [​IMG]

AJK and cfile like this.
  9. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

nope not a fan at all :) We lived in TX and we got home one day and a wolf spider was under my car (it was half the size of my palm) and my husband yelled at me to stay clear.. he got a board and was able to smash it under the car. EWWW I do not like crawlies... not fond of snakes either and as a kid I had hamsters but anything with long tails, NOPE.... no mice, no gerbals no rats... UGH our neighbor ended up with a rat at her house (I saw it running one night by her garage) the rental neighbor on the other side of her were very ummmmm well anyway there was always garbage and such in their yard so that was where the rat was coming from... she got the pest control come and put out traps... our pest guy put the black trap against our foundation as a just in case... anyway I got a knock on the door from Vanessa and the HUGE rat was captured... I of course had to do a page.. LOL (we called the rat Max)

[​IMG]

10. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Excuse my while I faint after reading this thread.
    [​IMG]

@AJK facing fears is (usually) a good thing, but to me, "fear" implies "illogical," but being afraid of spiders, especially after a brown recluse bite, makes complete sense to me! When we lived in Texas we didn't have a mudroom and we don't wear shoes in our house so we just kept our shoes in the garage next to the kitchen door. I taught DD to check her shoes. (Thankfully it was hot so most of her shoes were sandals and easy to check lol!) :eek:

11. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Ack, I'm sorry I opened this thread! I hate spiders so much!!
    Mice, I'm ok with them...they visit occasionally and then become a toy for the cats.
    Snakes, meh, had a little one slither by while I was mowing the other day. Don't love them, but they mind their business for the most part. Unless, above cats carry one in the house like they did last year. Funny story...I screamed at DH to come get it and take care of it. He said "why me?" (he hates them more than I do), and I said "because you're the man of the house", he said "well, today I am the wussy of the house!!" But he did get it, in a hilariously awkward way.

Karen likes this.
  12. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I'm SO sorry but I can't even look at this thread!! I'm that terrified by spiders. :run

13. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

That wrap around spider...

14. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Y'all are cracking me up AND making me feel a bit better...
    @wvsandy - OH NO! Another place to check!! Hope my dresser drawers are too tight! Don't want those in my "drawers"!
    @keepscrappin -yes ma'am! You've got it!
    @AnneofAlamo I am not afraid of rodents. Don't know why- just not. Hubster- that's another story!!! Once there was a mouse in our bedroom. Must have come in from the field in back yard. I was trying to find it as we could only hear it rustling in the room. Hubster was freaking out- then it ran from one closet to the other and upon seeing it, big burly Hubster was "dancing" all over our waterbed! He refused to get off the bed!!!! :rofl:rofl:giggle
    @michele hillam So stinkin' clever! But NO WAY would my hand get within 3 feet of one of those 8 legged mutations! lol
    @cfile Oh rats! ha. That was a bigg'un!
    @Tree City Thanks for the moral support! Yeah, we learned to check shoes in Tx and of course in Mexico. Tarantulas, scorpions, etc...
    @IntenseMagic : Your DH and mine should compare notes!
    @weaselwatchr "That wrap around spider..." - I know, right?!! shudder!

Last edited: May 22, 2019
  15. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Thank you for fueling my nightmares for the next year. {shudders} That wrap around spider looks like science fiction that someone dreamed up! WAY to good at hiding. I'm normally not scared of spiders and we do get them in the house at the change of seasons. I'm completely capable of killing them and flushing their carcasses down the toilet without even a scream. I DID scream recently however when one of them decided to visit me by hanging down from the ceiling while I was in the shower one morning. It was right by my face! Totally unexpected and startled me! He dies and was drowned! Lol!

We had mice in the house a couple of times too and those don't freak me out, we just put out traps until they are all caught and gone. Mostly they stay in the basement thankfully! I also don't freak out too much about snakes, but if one ever came in my house... I would have to move. Seriously. I used to have nightmares about snakes in the house all the time! Nope nope nope!!!

I also had a bat come in my old house twice and fly around my living room. I now sleep with my door closed always because of that. :giggle and I don't even live in the house anymore and haven't for 16 years!

AJK likes this.
  16. navaja77

navaja77 Well-Known Member

Why did I go in this thread?!?!
    <<<hates spiders!
    [​IMG]

AJK likes this.
  17. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Aaaaaaand this morning, I found another right beside me wee shoe! He didn't survive!

18. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

*RUNS AWAY FROM THREAD SCREAMING*

AJK likes this.