Game of Thrones Series FINALE Discussion *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by weaselwatchr, May 19, 2019.

1. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

Are you happy, sad, glad, irritated? All of the above?
    [​IMG]

SeattleSheri likes this.
  2. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

Still processing my feelings...

weaselwatchr and SeattleSheri like this.
  3. sansan

sansan New Member

Interested in hearing suggestions for better story wrap ups. The whole Daenerys and Jon scene...wow. Brienne finishing Jaime's page was nice. Boo- to the Unsullied going off to start more wars. Are there really going to be spin off series?

weaselwatchr likes this.
  4. weaselwatchr

I too am processing...

Can someone explain what happened at the very end with Jon riding off with the wildlings?!?

JON LOVED ON GHOST!!!

Not gonna lie, my heart broke when Drogon tried to wake up Dany...

Coming back tomorrow

Kate likes this.
  5. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

I'm just sad that it's all over. I'm ok with the way it ended ... though I hated what Dany's character became over the course of this last season. I have no idea what my new favorite show will be now! Aaaahhhh.

Kate and weaselwatchr like this.
  6. weaselwatchr

And why was Ghost’s ear still bloody? It should have healed by now...

Ferdy likes this.
  7. Tronesia

Tronesia Tronesia

Mixed feelings. Glad for Arya to go off and do her thing. I kinda wished Jon didn't kill Dany. I wanted them to be able to rule together...somehow. Now he is back to where he started, which sucks. Sansa...eh..she always annoyed me and now she's queen and didn't vote for her own brother. I was definitely sad for Drogon when he was nudging her..but the symbolism of him melting that throne was so good.

8. KarenW

KarenW Send in the Clowns

Bran the boring as long, I guess that works... the Starks came out of it alll quite well in the end.

Personally very glad we got to see Tormund again...

Will have to watch it again to pick up a few threads, liked that it wasn’t all doom and gloom, and there was a slight laugh or two in the end

9. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I'm still processing it all. I didn't LOVE the ending, but it was pretty good. I didn't want it to end at all, but since it had to end, I'm feel like it wrapped up as well as could be expected with only 6 episodes to get a whole lot done. I was so mad when Jon started kissing her and I was yelling "STAB HER" and then he did! I didn't want their story to end that way, but also I never really felt their chemistry at all, so I didn't want them together really either. I was so sad for Drogon when he came in and was trying to wake Dany up and then I loved that he flat out melted that throne. That was the best part of the episode for me.

I don't love that Bran the Boring is King, but since he said "I don't really want anymore" when Tyrion asked him about being Lord of Winterfell, I guess that he will be the best ruler who won't go crazy and make dumb decisions based on what he wants. I'm glad Tyrion survived.

Also I'm pretty sure the ending with Jon Snow (still have to call him that) getting sent to the Nights Watch is dumb, because why is there even a night's watch anymore? It looked to me like he left with Tormund to go live North of the wall or maybe he just went with them to take the families somewhere to settle now that it's safe there and he's just on patrol and will go back to Castle Black. Either way, I feel like that's where he will be happiest except for the not taking a wife part. That seems like a waste to me. :giggle Maybe they can vote to change that dumb rule? Ha ha!

I'm glad they showed Jaime and Cersei dead for sure in the pile of rubble because I was so worried they were going to end up not dead at the end. There are so many things that could still be done with this story, so I'll just have to imagine them in my head now.

10. sansan

sansan New Member

To pick up on Karens comment about where Jon went, I think maybe Sansa breaking away as ruler of the North, gives her the right to pardon Jon and let him move on freely. I think Bran knew that and it works for everyone.

Kate, weaselwatchr and Karen like this.
  11. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

photography was perfect, as in past episodes. That scene with Dany appearance with Drogon wings, was amazing! but I didn't like most of the things.

but I was afraid it would be worse, so, I don't know if I'm happy then?

Bran the Boring (LOL) as the king...not happy but I understand that part. I just wish he could turn into the night king and everything start all over again...lol or at least talk more about all the secrets, not the laconic Bran.

Jon Snow heritage meant nothing in the end.
    well...as in Lost, I didn't like the ending.

Karen, Kate and weaselwatchr like this.
  12. weaselwatchr

I also thought it was super weird that the Dothraki and unsullied didn’t go crazy after Jon killed Dany. I guess the writers didn’t know what to do so they just skipped all that. I mean Greyworm not slitting jon’s throat was kind of strange to me especially after his behavior with the captured.

I didnt love the ending, but I didn’t hate it. They tried to tie things up. It was just meh.

Last edited: May 20, 2019
    Tronesia, Karen, Kate and 1 other person like this.
  13. cinna

cinna The Force is ALWAYS with me ...

I actually liked the ending and saw a lot of logic. I think it was a worthy ending:

• Sansa being Queen of the North
    • Bran as king was unexpected but really clever
    • Jon going back to the Wildlings where he had his best moments
    • Jon killing Dany - he understood that she would never end and that he wanted to protect his sisters. In his heart he is a Stark and not a Targaryen.
    • And the Bran council line-up was badass! Bronn as master of coins is genius! :D
    And last of all - this opens up to a load of possible spinoffs!!!! <3

14. jaye

jaye My other car is a Zamboni!

I looked at it the same way you did.
    To me Jon going back to the Wildings was a sign he was taking back his life and being free. After all he was sent to the Wall and didn't stay. Tormund had stated that Jon was built for the North, the real North.
    Loved the council meeting at the very end with all of them sitting there.

15. AnjaDD

AnjaDD Designer

I agree with Cinna: I liked the finale! Actually, there was no man better suited to kill Dany... Arya would have been too obvious and it really fits Jon character... Having Jon on the throne would have been... nah... After all, he's always said he didn't want the crown and by leaving with the Wildlings, he gets to be free after all. As Tormund said to Jon: you have the real North in you. Bran is actually the best king they could have. He is the wisest of them all. And by asking Tyrion to be his hand, he has himself a strong back. It's just so sad that it has all ended now... gosh, what am I going to look forward now on TV?

Karen, Kate, weaselwatchr and 2 others like this.
  16. Kate

Kate The Doctor's new companion

I think that Grey Worm is primarily a soldier - he obeys orders. He was executing the Lannister soldiers on Dany's orders. He sacked King's Landing on Dany's orders. As much as he would have wanted to kill Jon and Tyrion, I don't think he felt he had the authority to do that. I think he was able to keep a check on his emotions in a way that Dany wasn't. That's the only thing that made sense to me when I tried to rationalise it!

weaselwatchr, Ferdy and Karen like this.
  17. Kate

I think you could take it a number of ways: either Jon is going out as a ranger to help the wildlings get home, then he'll return to the wall, or he's just ignoring his sentence and going rogue north of the wall to hang out with his wildling pals! I loved that those closing scenes echoed the very first scenes of the first episode.

weaselwatchr, Ferdy and Karen like this.
  18. Kate

I was pretty happy with the finale, I feel like everyone ended up where they should be but I just wish they had taken an extra season or two to get there! I feel like we could have had one full season leading up the the Battle of Winterfell and the death of the Night King and another whole season to properly map out Daenerys and Bran's character arcs / powers / abilities / madnesses / betrayals etc. I think it feels a bit unsatisfactory because Dany's descent into madness and Jon's agonising over her actions vs his loyalty was too quick. And he don't know enough about Bran's powers and abilities to really feel like he's the only choice for king. I think it makes sense in that Bran as king represents a huge change, a breaking of the wheel (just not quite as Dany envisaged!) and is probably in the best interests of the realm (RIP Varys) because he is selfless in a way that none of the other characters could, or would ever be. Short of abolishing the coalition of seven (now six!) kingdoms I think it was the most revolutionary choice they could have made and the choice most likely to result in a lasting peace.

19. Kate

Important question: do you guys in the States get a "Previously, on Game of Thrones...." type recap at the start of each episode? I just saw that mentioned on FB but we don't get those here in the UK.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  20. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Yep, we get those quick recaps before the episodes. That's interesting that you don't get them in the UK. I wonder why the difference?

weaselwatchr and Kate like this.