What are you up to? | Pad Patter 5.19

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, May 19, 2019.

1. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

This is the first weekend in a few weeks that we haven't had rain! It's beautiful, sunny, and we're headed for a high around 90 today. I've been pretty busy and a little MIA because my son is getting married in 2 weeks and we just found out the date like a week ago! Yesterday I did a little of this
    [​IMG]
    hoping to find a dress...but no luck! And in the middle of that, he texts and asks me to help with decorations!
    I also did a little of this
    [​IMG]
    and this
    [​IMG]
    And today I'm going to do some of this
    [​IMG]
    And then browse Pinterest for wedding decor inspiration!!

What's going on in your world this weekend??

londoncuppa and Cherylndesigns like this.
  2. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

I spent yesterday scrapping at a friend's scrapbook store - both paper and digital scrapping. Today, for a treat, I'm going to see The Wizard of Oz at the movie theater. Our movie chain regularly brings back older movies at a discount price and I had a credit so it's costing me a quarter to see it on the big screen. Tonight, of course, is the Game of Thrones finale.

Cherylndesigns and IntenseMagic like this.
  3. IntenseMagic

How fun is that!! I would love to see The Wizard of Oz on the big screen! Have fun!!

bonnenuit likes this.
  4. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

Yesterday was our 50th wedding anniversary. It was supposed to be a gray, drizzly day, but turned out to be sunny and warm...a BONUS DAY, as our DS called it. DS invited us to spend part of the day on his new-to-him boat on Lake Washington. He and two of his boys did some wake-surfing. OMG! Why was that not a thing when I was young???? It looked like so much fun. I haven’t completely given up hope of ever being able to do it, but at 72, it’s not seeming likely. And then we went for a nice seafood dinner with our oldest friends. Today we are starting our next 50 years together. The regular host of our home-church is ill, so the gathering will be at our house today. Guess I’d better get moving!

5. IntenseMagic

Happy Anniversary!! What a wonderful milestone! It's been a long time since I had a lake day and I'm really needing one! Sounds like so much fun! Enjoy your day and your gathering!

6. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Yay to your son and soon-to-be daughter-in-law, Jan @IntenseMagic !!!

We just left the zoo and are stuck in traffic. DH is driving so I'm checking out the forums here. :) Like you, we had rain the past few weekends, so it felt great to finally get to the zoo. We'd promised the kids we'd go over spring break back in April but the weather didn't cooperate. It was pretty busy (we certainly weren't the only parents happy to see the sun and get out of the house lol), but we had a great time. I think this afternoon we'll let the kids watch a movie and just relax a bit, then send them outside to enjoy the sun some more. I've got to do laundry, but that's going to be the only housework I do today.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  7. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I want video of this if you walk like this while pushing your mower . . . bwahahahahaha!

Our local theater does a summer series of older movies. I never get downtown to see it much, but one of my fave movies is Meet Me In St. Louis with Judy Garland and I saw it first at the Saenger Theater downtown when I was in my teens. So cool that you get to see the Wizard of Oz!

Oh my! Happy 50th Anniversary! What a fabulous milestone and what a blessing that you had such beautiful weather and fun together!

Same here. I really need to dust, but I just want to be lazy today.

8. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

How exciting about the wedding, Jan! Sometimes I can get the most done with the least notice. I'm sure you're whirling and twirling right now!

Happy anniversary, Sharron! @SharLamb

I just finished up a LO in PSCC - I worked on it a long time, because I'm still figuring it out as I go. I'm going to finish this post and go out and work on the pool area. I started the job yesterday and got too hot and had to quit. I'm going to finish up today. It just needed general cleaning and I got to play with the hose, which keeps me kind of cool. DH says I have a "thing" with using the hose. I inherited that from my mom. Dad used to call her "Happy Hose".

[​IMG]

IntenseMagic likes this.
  9. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

Wow...so much Pad awesomeness. Congrats on all these milestones! I'm binge-watching old episodes of Waking the Dead while doing husband's sales tax & franchise returns. Ugh...

Coming to the end of my art room remodel. Yay!! Hoping to start filming YouTube papercrafting videos (and turn my blog on) before summer is over.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  10. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

Thanks for the laugh, Cheryl!

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  11. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

@SharLamb I love this. :love:love

I'm playing with pictures and video in Lightroom this morning. Thinking about giving up using Lightroom for video. I'm sure it's not just my computer because outside of Lightroom I have no trouble. And these are just iPhone videos, mostly around 3 minutes long.

Later, I'll go grocery shopping. I would have done it in the morning but there was a Marine Marathon in town and around the vicinity of Wegmans where I shop, so I'm waiting for those crowds to go away.

Maybe I'll do some scrapping too!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  12. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Happy Golden Wedding Anniversary Sharron to you and your DH :) Many many more years of wedded bliss is wished for you both :)

13. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

Well, I've got rain. It was gorgeous yesterday so I was in and out of the house just to enjoy it. Today not so much. After massive flooding on Thursday night, we might be in for more later on.

As for now, I'm just waiting on a call to go to my cousin's. Relatives are in town on their way from Naples FL to Mackinac Island MI. They stop here every year. So I'll get to see them for a few hours.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  14. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

You're welcome, Margaret! :lol:lol:lol

londoncuppa likes this.
  15. IntenseMagic

Yay for the zoo, but boo for the traffic! I'm working on laundry today, too. I have got to put it away this week, it's getting out of control lol.

Tree City likes this.
  16. IntenseMagic

I would so have taken a video doing that if we hadn't had a surprise thunderstorm in the middle of it UGH There was only a 20% chance today so I figured I was safe :/ Maybe I'll get one whenever I get to do the other half of the yard haha

gonewiththewind likes this.
  17. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

This weekend...we had planned to go to Saturday service at Elevation Church in Ballantyne.
    elevation1.jpe 196995.jpg
    elevation1.jpe
    We visit there once a month. But son forgot he had a wedding to do and needed sitters, so we babysat last night and went this morning. LOVE the services there. The people are genuinely friendly, the messages are uplifting yet Scriptural, and the presence of God was tangible this morning in the musical part of worship. We always come away challenged and encouraged! Wish we had a church like this in our town. After we went to Aldi to finish up our groceries for the week. Shopping in a small town can be frustrating, so it was great to shop in south Charlotte!

Karen likes this.
  18. IntenseMagic

Too funny, Cheryl!! I love playing with the hose and look like that a lot of times, too!

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  19. IntenseMagic

Oooh hope we get to see the art room remodel and looking forward to seeing your videos!! Good luck with it all!

londoncuppa likes this.
  20. IntenseMagic

Hope you figure out a solution for your videos! And good luck avoiding those crowds!

michelepixels likes this.