Eurovision 2019

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Chippi, May 18, 2019.

1. Chippi

Chippi Those chicken nuggets are just waiting to attack

I love Eurovision. It is wacky and strange and amazing and just WOW!
    As far as I know it hasn't ever been aired live in Australia, but we have always stumbled across it while channel surfing through the years. Once again, I forgot it was Eurovision time, and was blow away by Australia's entry when a friend shared her little daughter impersonating the artist on Facebook.

Kate Miller-Heidke has been a favourite of mine since high school, so I was thrilled to find out that she was representing Australia. This song blew me away, the mix of classical and contemporary music is amazing, and finding out the meaning behind the song really tugged at my heart. Kate's inspiration for this song was the feeling of breaking free from postnatal depression.
    My favourite bit is right at the end when she has the biggest, happiest, most excited smile on her face.

Here is her semi final performance, enjoy the magic. And if you watch Eurovision and have a favourite or live in a country that participates in Eurovision, link me up their performance!!

A-M likes this.
  2. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

Thankyou for sharing this.
    Some other years I have also stumbled across Eurovision on the TV and enjoyed watching it. I was told our Australian entrant was doing well but forgot to try and find it on TV so I am so pleased you shared this so I could get to see her performance.

Chippi likes this.
  3. Chippi

Chippi Those chicken nuggets are just waiting to attack

@A-M SBS is playing it live (but only on real TV not via the website so I can't watch that) and then it is On Demand after that, and also at 8:30pm tonight (Sunday) on TV
    BUT I did just find (at 6:30 with 6 songs left to go) that Eurovision is streaming it live on Youtube! From the couple of songs I have seen so far, it doesn't look like it is anything new, all of the performances are exactly the same, like re-run the same. I know they sing the same song throughout the contest, but these seem camera shot and hair flick identical! If it is a new performance, it is incredibly impressive. Anyway, in a couple of songs, hopefully it will actually prove to be the real Grand Final, otherwise I will just watch it later.
    BUT Australia was number 25 on the running order, so I haven't missed Kate's performance, haha! It has been played almost on repeat all day yesterday and my kids are singing it like crazy!

4. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

The Netherlands won.it was an amazing show.:clap

Chippi and A-M like this.
  5. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

I used to like Euro vision for the wackiness - I think it got even too wacky for me & I haven't even seen any of the years Aust has been included (but seriously I think the name needs a change if they plan to keep us- not to World Vision obviously but something different or maybe they could send some of the proceeds to World Vision - I did like guy Sebastian's EV song back the other year though

cinderella likes this.
  6. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

I'd never heard of Eurovision, and the video you posted isn't available to view in the US, but I found a video of a different performance from February (big smile there too :)) and an audience member video of a rehearsal of the semi-final you posted with quite different staging than the earlier performance (oh my goodness, those poles!). Very cool! :D

7. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I had never heard of this before! And since your video wouldn't play in the US, I had to go searching on YouTube to watch it and got lost in a rabbit hole of performances! LOL

Anyway, if any other US peep wants to watch, here 'tis:

8. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Australia did give it a great go,and there were a few other slightly wacky performances. Amazingly weird costumes,and some really good pop music .The guy that won it sat at a piano ,with a lightbulb on top of him,in a boring suit...go figure.

9. ashleywb

ashleywb Sand in my toes

Interesting, I had not heard of Eurovision before a couple days ago. There was a short segment about it on NPR the other day. Not sure who carries it in the states though.