Lightroom CC question?

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by ElizabethW, May 14, 2019.

1. ElizabethW

ElizabethW Pledging to lambda lambda polly

So, I'm giving Lightroom CC a whirl (not sure yet...), but I'm finding that I cannot simply drop photos from LR into PSE, as I could with Lightroom Classic. Surely this is still an option? All I can find is "edit in Photoshop" [not Elements] on a drop-down list. Is there something I need to set up so that I can just drag and drop, as I did before? (I'm on a MacBook, btw).

Thanks in advance!!

keepscrappin likes this.
  2. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I don't use lightroom but I'll tag a couple of people for you that do and see if they can offer any help. @gonewiththewind @bestcee

3. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Elizabeth you should still be able to use classic... the LR CC is also for mobile and I only see, as you said, edit in photoshop but I guess you would have to save it and then open in PSE.. I have the Photography package and it has both Lightroom Classic (that still has the option of other programs to edit in) or the Lightroom Regular which is the other version which is also used for Mobile applications.

I wish I could help further. Perhaps Cheryl @gonewiththewind may know.. she is my go to for all things LR :)

Last edited: May 14, 2019
  4. ElizabethW

@cfile , this is a huge help, actually. If I have to save then open in PSE, I'm definitely sticking with Classic!

cfile likes this.
  5. cfile

I played with the other (LR Regular) and while I like it that you can just open one photo and then edit in photoshop... there is still the classic that I like.. I think they did the "regular" as it is more condensed if you were to use it on a mobile device... now I am not sure if that is factual mind you, that is what I gathered when I looked at it and played with both versions so I could dehaze my photo :)

6. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

@ElizabethW @keepscrappin @cfile

Check out this post I made regarding Lightroom CC and Lightroom Classic as it explains my reasoning for sticking with Lightroom Classic: A couple of Lightroom questions

Maybe it's a function of your Macbook, but I can't drag and drop from LRClassic into either Photoshop or PSE2018.

Christa or Kayla - can either one of you drag and drop directly from Lightroom into either PSCC or PSE?

Last edited: May 15, 2019
    Juliestcyr and cfile like this.
  7. cfile

Cheryl,
    I am unable to drag and drop either. when I am on the photo in LR Classic and I try to drag to PS CC it enlarges the photo only like the zoom. I am on a Windows Laptop so unable to do it from here either.

Thanks too re the link.. that is exactly what I thought as well re Lightroom CC being mobile so it doesn't look like the same catologuing or storeage is the same as classic.

I am glad I steered Elizabeth correctly as you answered basically the same as I did. Hugs and thanks again for helping :)

8. gonewiththewind

Thanks for letting me know that you can't drag and drop directly in. Now, just need to check with @ElizabethW to find out how she gets that to work. Because I'm all about quicker/easier and I love drag and drop . . . just never have had that feature with Lightroom.

cfile likes this.
  9. ElizabethW

@gonewiththewind @cfile ...Hmm..I don't know how it happens! Maybe it is because I have an older version of PSE? (I'm using 13). I checked my LR Preferences, and I have Photoshop CC (the "big girl" Photoshop, as I think of it - not PSE) set up a external editor, so it's not that...This makes me reluctant to upgrade anything because I love being able to drag and drop!

gonewiththewind and cfile like this.
  10. cfile

hmmm @ElizabethW Elizabeth I am glad you can do it.. I tried to grab the photo to drag it from the developing and I can't.. are you dragging and dropping from the library after you have used presets and adjustments or from the development section? I was trying to drop/drag from developing. Thanks!

(I also tried to drop/drag from library and couln't it gave me the circle with the line through it)

11. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I prefer to drag photos from Finder into my layout in Photoshop because I think having both LR and PS open at the same time is too taxing for my ancient 2011 iMac. But I just tried dragging from LR to PS and it worked. I know you said PSE though, so I may have been no help. Or maybe? Have you tried dragging from Finder into PSE? I think I did that before I upgraded to PSCC (but that was in 2016 and I have a bad memory).

12. gonewiththewind

@cfile

Since Michele posted and she can drag and drop and she's using an Apple product as well . . . I believe that this is not an option for PC but is an option for those with MAC. Boo hoo for us!

cfile likes this.
  13. cfile

ah yup I guess you are right.. I tried :) Thanks Cheryl!

gonewiththewind likes this.
  14. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

I'm on a Mac using PS CC and LR Classic CC (or whatever they call it) ... I can drag from the bin - at the bottom of LR to PS. But not the actual big photo that I am working on/looking at. If that makes sense. Did you ladies try that?

cfile likes this.
  15. cfile

I tried that too since you suggested that.. I still get the circle with line on a windows using the classic CC so Mac maybe the reason why... It doesn't allow drag / drop using windows. Thanks for your suggestion Jenn.. Hugs :)

jenn mccabe likes this.
  16. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

17. cfile

It's ok :)

18. gonewiththewind

No, it's not!!! @cfile @jenn mccabe :overreact :badputer :rollingpin:thumbsdowns :banghead

:carryon My temper tantrum is done now.

:giggle

jenn mccabe, cfile and busywoman139 like this.
  19. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I'm on a Mac with Lightroom Classic and with all versions back to LR 5 I've been able to do this. I have always been able to drag a photo or more often a bunch of digi stuff from the LR Library right into PSE 2019 back to PSE ...9? Ditto with PSCC which I rarely use.

The only time I've had an issue is if I've clicked on the gray frame of the item, and not the center.

20. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

Hmm..., I'm using a MBP with LR Classic, and I can drop and drag my photos from Finder directly into LR. I've always been able to, so I'm not sure what to tell you.