Do you like to Read?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Karen, May 17, 2019.

1. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Just in case you didn't know, we host a really fun and informal book club here at the Lilypad each month. Currently there is a thread to pick our next four books to read together. Anyone is welcome to join in. You can all vote on the books we'll read together next and then I'd love for anyone to join in on our discussions too! Once the next batch of books are selected, I'll start a thread in the forum for each one of them. You can read the book whenever you want and then go to that book's thread to discuss the book when you're finished. We have a bunch of really great books to be voted on this time around. Come check it out!

https://the-lilypad.com/forum/threads/june-sept-2019-voting.63654/

:funfun

2. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Wooo hooo! Go vote! It's good for your health, lol!

Karen likes this.
  3. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

I need to check! but most of the time, the books are not released in my corner of the world....

Karen likes this.
  4. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Do I like to read??? This year with things being all over the place since my husband was diagnosed with cancer, I have definitely been grateful for books which take me out of the present - for a bit - and allow me an enjoyable escape. So far this year I have read 45 of my usually 100book goal on Goodreads. Yay! to books!

Karen likes this.
  5. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I've been following along with the book club so this isn't directed at me, but YES! I wish I could read more! I would love to have more join us and have more discussion about the books. I haven't voted yet because I haven't had time to review the summaries and choose. But it's okay if the vote goes on without me. I've enjoyed a lot of new-to-me books I might not have discovered if it hadn't been on the TLP booklist. Thanks for running this Karen, and thanks to all who participate!

Karen likes this.
  6. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

I'm on a book club with some friends over Facebook...but every month there's a theme, and we can choose different books and comment, without spoilers....it's very good to see new titles and authors and have a review that we can trust!

Karen likes this.
  7. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

I've seriously been on a drought as far as reading is concerned! I was sick this week which did help me finish a book I've been trying to read for months. Now that that's outta my system, I'm hoping to tackle this pile of books sitting on my desk! Off to vote! ;)

Karen likes this.
  8. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

Thanks for the reminder. I’m an avid reader. I read almost every day

Karen likes this.
  9. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

I joined when I got my kindle. It makes me read books that I would otherwise not even pick up. I think there was only one book in 2 years that I didn’t enjoy reading.

Karen likes this.
  10. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

You can tell by my avatar that I enjoy reading. :)

I don't always get the books read for discussing here at TLP because I'm in multiple real-life monthly book groups. I do like that the discussion threads are all there in the forum so you can comment on them at any time that fits into your schedule. I look forward to reading & participating more here in the forum.

Karen likes this.
  11. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I love to read, but unfortunately I just don't get much time to do it during the school year. I can't read at bed time because I pretty much instantly fall asleep, and all the rest of my time is accounted for. But, I usually read a bunch over the summer. I'm currently trying to decide what I'll pick up first in a couple of weeks, so I'm going to head over and maybe get some good suggestions :)

Karen likes this.
  12. Karen

This is one of my favorite things about this book club. If I don't get to a book during the designated month, I can always come back later and the thread is still there. :)

bonnenuit likes this.
  13. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

I love books,and used to join here,but like someone said before me, the books voted on here are not usually available k e here in Malta,our library is not one of the best,so usually I finish up having to buy the books straight price from Amazon, I don't mind, if it is something I would have bought anyway,but usually it isn't,and even though it is interesting to read something by a new author,it gets annoying if I am not keen on 3 out of 4 books. Long explanation I know, but I would definitely have joined if only I didn't live in Malta.

Karen likes this.
  14. Karen

That is such a bummer. Books should just magically be available everywhere and always! Hopefully we'll have a really great pick once in awhile that justify an Amazon purchase so you can read along with us. I guess if anything it will be nice for you to see a lot of chatter about a book here to know if it's worth it... but then you have to avoid the spoilers too. Hmmm.

Nemla likes this.
  15. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

Do I like to read? Yes.
    Do I read? No.

:giggle:giggle:giggle

I only have time for one hobby in my life at the moment (those dang kids!) so scrapping it is!

Karen likes this.
  16. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I do like to read, but I mostly read non-fiction...I get sucked into fiction books and then end up not getting anything done! My hubby and I have been listening to audio books at night.

I also read aloud a lot to my kids.

Karen likes this.