Bad case of the blahs

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by QuiltyMom, May 16, 2019.

1. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Sorry that I haven’t been playing in the forums lately, but life’s been kinda hard lately. So much so that I’ve lost all desire to scrap. It’s horrible. I sit down to try and make a page and ... nothing.

So I’ve decided not to stress out about it, and instead I’m working in my garden and planning our much-needed home renovation (the kitchen & 3 bathrooms - all are literally starting to fall apart!). But I need to snap out of it somehow and get back to scrapping. Maybe it’ll be easier once the mosquitoes come out in full force! Right now it’s just a couple of them here and there, which makes being outside much more pleasant. But when they swarm I run away fast! Lol!

Back to reading through the forums!

2. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Creativity is an ebb and flow process. We ALL experience this. Sometimes we are creating and sending it out into the world. Other times we are rejuvenating and receiving inspiration from the world.

Enjoy your gardening and take care of your home renovations. I guarantee you that with rest and relaxation, the creative process will come back around again.

QuiltyMom likes this.
  3. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Ditto what Cheryl said. We've all been there. Relax and enjoy the outdoors while you can and you'll be back to creating in no time, I'm sure!

QuiltyMom likes this.
  4. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

It's tough when creativity flies away, but it sounds like you have lots of stuff going on to keep you busy! And I hope that life mellows out for you and you can relax a bit. Just don't forget to take photos of the renos so you can make some awesome "Before & After" layouts once you're ready to scrap again. :)

QuiltyMom likes this.
  5. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Such is life - when the mozzies are out, we'll be here :-) enjoy your garden while you can Jan & good luck re:renovations

QuiltyMom likes this.
  6. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

It will return, Jan. Like everybody else said, just do the other things you need to do right now.

QuiltyMom likes this.
  7. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

Love how you have phrased this!
    Jan @QuiltyMom - i am there too. I have no interest in creating pages right now (?). But I do check the forum several times a week. This has happened off and on the last few years- I've scrapped for so many years ( like 25 including paper), it may be this way permanently as I'm doing other things too. But don't stress over it- that is never the point of Scrap anyway!!! :D

QuiltyMom and gonewiththewind like this.
  8. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

sending hugs Jan.. every so often we need to step away and refresh.. hugs.

QuiltyMom likes this.
  9. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Don’t worry, I’m in the same boat - hoping once my current work contract finishes and my health is sorted next month I’ll be back scrapping and taking photos again.

QuiltyMom likes this.
  10. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I was listening to a podcast that said switch brain hemispheres.
    Usually when I have no scrapping mojo it's my right, "arty" creative side that's turned off. So then switch to the left, logical side. Download photos, organise scrapping supplies, do other logic based tasks and you will find your mojo comes back quite quickly. This way if I am not creating I am still working with my photos, deciding what I want to scrap next, even when the desire to create is elusive.

Mention was also made of being a bit burnt out after a big project, (for me that can be MOC, BYOC for creative teams or iNSD) and then just do something creative but not scrapping related.

Failing that work in your garden and take photos.

QuiltyMom and gonewiththewind like this.
  11. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I love this! That is exactly what i do when I'm not feeling creative... organize kits and pictures, etc.

Having said that though Jan, sometimes the best thing to do when you're not feeling it, is to just take a break and let it be guilt free too. Nobody has created a law yet that we must feel creative 24/7. It's no good to force it if you aren't feeling like scrapbooking. It will all be there later when you do feel like it and if you are out gardening and planning renovations, you are already being creative in a different way.

QuiltyMom, gonewiththewind and AJK like this.
  12. rchansen

rchansen in the sweet tooth recovery program

Jan, I'm right there with you!! I love this months challenges and yet I sit down to create a page and nothing!! I've tried using templates and nothing looks right. I look through the gallery for inspiration and nothing. Time to take a short break I guess...

QuiltyMom likes this.
  13. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

oh my friend!! While you are out there having fun, snap some pictures and some selfies of YOU having a blast. Make faces, and then come and make a page for pure fun. (blatant post for art journaling here)

QuiltyMom and BevG like this.
  14. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

Hugs! I am not doing so well myself. Three days on one simple page, and I totally forgot to create a layout for a CT

QuiltyMom likes this.
  15. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

It will be OK! Just breathe and it will sort itself out!

16. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

50 lashes with a wet noodle!