Overwhelmed by Forms!|15 May 2019

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by AnneofAlamo, May 15, 2019.

1. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

Our Pediatrician retired. All my kids (all seven) went to him. I told him to please wait 8 more years for my youngest to hit 18. But, alas, he did not.

So, a new pediatrician group is our choice in my small town. Group! You pick your doctor, but
    the
    [​IMG]
    FORMS? I am seriously glad now that 4 of mine are legally adults.
    FORMS times 3 for the boys.
    [​IMG]
    And we are going to a new dentist also! MORE FORMS!
    then summer camp
    FORMS times 2
    my teen is going to a Church Boot Camp MORE FORMS
    [​IMG]
    end of school, permission slips, MORE FORMS!
    We live in
    Computers are everywhere!!
    Why am I filling out the same exact information on all these forms!?????
    [​IMG]
    so you overwhelmed with forms lately? lol

QuiltyMom likes this.
  2. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

I just filled out a ton of forms for a substitute teaching job. Since it's a public school, I have to fill out a bunch of federal *and* state gov't forms on top of the usual employer forms ("I am not a convicted criminal" and "I won't use state property for personal gain" stuff). And I have the normal W-4 and other "I'm legally capable of hiding a job" employment stuff. All this was on top of the forms I had to fill out for the application itself. It was a big application! But it'll all be worth it once I'm helping the district and bringing home the bacon lol.

DisneyMom likes this.
  3. DisneyMom

DisneyMom official mousketeer

I'm always filling out forms. 2 kids in school, 5 daycare children (I create and have to fill out the forms), now our middle daughter is being assessed for ADHD and SPD so more forms. I'm also beginning a side business of my own (on top of the daycare) so I fell as though I'm constantly writing down the same information, business plans, schedules, ideas etc. It never ends.

And they said that once computers catch on there will be LESS paperwork - Hahahaha

4. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Ugh! Yes! I only have two kids and it just kills me that i have to fill out the same forms every year at the beginning of the school year and that they are paper forms. The secretary then has to enter that information into a computer. So... why aren't we just filling it out in the computer? google docs or something! C'mon!

Oh and then every year when you go for the first time to the doctor or the dentist they make you fill out the same form AGAIN? Nothing has changed in my world. I haven't moved, switched jobs or insurance, no new phone numbers... just keep the same info! Lol!

I can only imagine how much more it is for you Anne with your extra kiddos! Blah!

5. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

yep, every single job application involves more form filling out on top of the usual curriculum vitae and cover letter, most interview usually involves either a criminal or justice check which is more forms - both which have different ID requirements, one of them, I need to have an identifier fill out part of the form.

6. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

It's ridiculous! I remember when the goal was "to move to a paperless society". We have more paperwork now than ever before!

patsyt likes this.
  7. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

TOTALLY agree about the school stuff- field trips are the worst it seems. The school ALREADY has ALL that same info- why not just print it out & have us sign!?

At the office I work at (dental office) we have gone to 99.9% paperless. It is crazy how much paper & time it has saved! Especially for our front office gals not having to pull/file away charts! We just started in January, so there's still a bit of a learning curve, and I'm not a big fan of how we are doing health history updates, but it's definitely a step in the right direction!

8. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

Our school district has worked very hard these last couple years to go digital. Our registration papers are all done online now. And, most information copies over to each kid. Our parents have really embraced it. There are some that still have to come here or to the school site for help. But, for the most part it's been a HUGE success.

9. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

forms, nightmare ....

bestcee likes this.
  10. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

Most of the forms I have to fill out are online, which at times I can find just as annoying since I tend to get interrupted while filling them out and forget to go back to them (then find them timed out and I have to start again). My daughter's high school has gone to passive permission forms for some field trips... permission is assumed unless you fill in the form with the reason why not. I'm on board with those!

My daughter applied for a summer job with the Chicago Park District and that was page upon page of online forms to fill out... now that she's been offered the position, still more employment forms to fill out! Yet... they still have contacted her with which park she'll be at and which camp she's been hired for.

11. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

It seems like there should be like huge database on all of us out there now with basic information that could just be accessed. Ugh the forms! In addition to all the forms I'm filling out for my one kid left these days, it's IEP season for me, so I'm writing 30-50 page documents for all my caseload kids and so much of it is carryover from year to year. It seems like we should be able to just fill in things that need to be updated or addressed.

12. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

Yes! We're building a new house in Florida. First, there was the contract to buy the lot and the house. Then there was the paperwork to apply for a new mortgage. Then there was all the paperwork when we met with the design team to pick all the stuff inside the house. I'm pretty sure that I misspelled my name a few times!

jesskab likes this.
  13. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

There is Jan!! in Utah. Think of the agency with the H. S. initials. But obviously we who have our data there cannot access it. LOL

As for us, we have the endless forms and paperwork for Dick's cancer treatment. Right now, thank you God and good insurance in addition to Medicare (both of which we pay for btw), most everything is covered after the $5,000. deductible which we reached long ago. But we do get endless paperwork each visit but actually, it's the only way I can be sure of the exact appointments and the current vitals. While it is on line in his medical chart (hospital and any Dr. he sees), having the paper makes it easy-er to verify each appointment and time. If one or the other of us didn't have most of our marbles, I don't see how we'd make sense of it all.

bestcee and IntenseMagic like this.
  14. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

My dentist joined another practice as an associate (he is in late 60's and wanted to work fewer days a week). Even though they took all records (which I had just filled out in the fall) to the new office, I had to fill out new forms for them.

Then on Friday I went for my annual visit to the cardiologist. Checked in at the desk with my insurance information and photo ID then she gave me a clipboard to fill out 3 pages of information. Been going to this office for 12 years and have to fill out the paperwork every single year.

Thankfully I don't have to deal with forms for kids or work anymore but next year will be interesting when I have to sign up for Medicare and supplemental insurance.

15. KarenW

KarenW Send in the Clowns

I have just done our youngest son's passport forms - such a pain but will be the last one, once he is an adult it is all done on the internet. So much easier, I had to renew mine last year and it was a single page printed out and checked at local post office, much better than 10 years ago.

I love our school - computer forms/questionnaire at the start of high school, just check it at the start of each year to make sure it is all correct and nothing else! It covers all excursions - other than really big ones (camp etc) but day trips all done! Payment for everything that term is billed in the next term so no last minute run around trying to find spare cash for forgotten trips. This is the way it should be.

I have just been doing a course, learning how to teach adults to read, at least 30% of the population is functionally illiterate - ie filling in forms for everyday life. It must be a nightmare when you have kids...

16. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I cheer every time a business uses digital technology.

My previous dentist handed us tablets to fill out forms if we hadn't already filled out the form on their website at home.

Just today we had our quarterly pest service. I used to always find an invoice tucked into my door after each service but today, instead, it was just a letter announcing that we would be emailed our invoice. And in the email it suggests NOT printing the invoice even if you send them a check. I've been paying through my bank website like I do for all my bills anyway.

Yay for less paper! :woot

17. AJK

AJK I plead the 5th ...

LOL! Love all your gifs! (Did you fill out any forms to get them?! ha.) Yeah, I have the same question:
    WHY do you have to fill out a form at the Dr.'s office, only to have them REPEAT the same questions once in the room???????AAAAAAGGGGGH!:crazy3

And don't get me started on job hunting where they ask for your resume' yet
    ALSO insist you fill out an Application FORM with the same information!!![​IMG]

And THEN they sit with you and repeat the questions verbally!!!???????????? Can't read but you want to be my boss?????
    [​IMG]
    Whhhhhhhyyyyyyyeeeeee?:duh:eyeroll

:faint2

bestcee likes this.
  18. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

You bring up my pet peeve:
    Office: All the forms you need to fill out are online. Make sure you print them out and bring them in filled out.
    Me: Why am I having to use my ink and my paper for something you need!?!?!?

I wish more medical offices would move to online forms and such. I know some of them don't understand how HIPAA (US) relates to online forms, but seriously.

19. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

It’s insane, isn’t it? I’ve been there & done that. And just when you think you’re done filling them out they send you more forms! Eek!

bellbird likes this.
  20. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Yep, forms are one of life's great pains
    This is what annoys me about 'we've gone paper free for environmental reasons'places -um, no, if I have to give your admin desk people paper from my house with the same stuff on it that you would have given me on a clipboard to fill in when I showed up, that's not paper free & why can they not see that it doesn't help anybody (especially when they then scan it into their computer system) :cornfused:madness