Which pocket thingys

Discussion in 'Hybrid Pad' started by tam65, May 12, 2019.

1. tam65

tam65 Break out the lawn mower!

So I thought I would give the pocket letter june challenge a go. I cant get the pocket thingy here in New Zealand so my husband is going to Chicargo in the the next week and I thought I would order some from Amazon for him to bring home. Help there are many choices so which ones should I get. Also if he can walk into a shop and get them that would be even better so help in that department would be handy. (He is staying in Trump Towers if that helps with a walk in and purchase.)

Thanks

Tamara

2. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

I wonder if @jenn mccabe has any ideas of specifics for you?
    I had 12x 12 ones & used them once (I didn't realise there were other real plasticy sizes until I went to fold it up to fit in an envelope to post)_ hope you're hubby can bring you back some goodies anyway! How cool!

tam65 and cfile like this.
  3. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

I've gotten them on Amazon and in Hobby Lobby. They are really cheap if you order them online in bulk. It doesn't really matter what brand - they are called Artist Trading cards sleeves/protectors and as long as they are 8.5 x 11 (overall size) with 9 pockets you are good. Depending on the brand the individual pockets can range from 2.5 x 3.5 to 2.6 x 3.6. It doesn't really make a difference.

From Trump Tower there are some Michael's Craft Stores nearby - one a little over 2 miles on S Canal St and one a little under 5 miles on N Clark St. Not sure if Michael's carries these though? I do buy mine with a coupon at Hobby Lobby sometimes. It is the Paper Source brand & they are $7.99 for 15 (often the Paper Source brand is on sale for 40% off with no coupon). The Hobby Lobby is a little further out and he'd definitely need to take a lift/uber.

Attached Files:

tam65 and bellbird like this.
  4. jenn mccabe

@tkradtke Tracie lives in Chicago - maybe she has some suggestions?

bellbird likes this.
  5. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

When I did the ATC exchange, I bought Trading Card Binder Pages from the office supply store. The Staples on Wabash just .4 miles (10 minute walk) from Trump Tower says they have 17 packs in stock. Here's the link for the product, you can even reserve them online for easy pick up... https://www.staples.com/Staples-Trading-Card-Pages/product_923583.

The office supply store ones worked well for me... but maybe @jenn mccabe or someone else has more info on how they compare.

If you prefer to go with craft store ones, let me do some digging because I'm not seeing them at places close to where your husband is staying (Blick and Michael's).

tam65 and jenn mccabe like this.
  6. jenn mccabe

those should be perfect Tracie!

tam65 likes this.
  7. tam65

tam65 Break out the lawn mower!

Oh boy thank you everyone. I will ask my Husband what is best for him. Tamara