Happy Mother's Day | Pad Patter 5.12

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by IntenseMagic, May 12, 2019.

1. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

[​IMG]

Happy Mother's Day to you all!! Every one of you loves and helps to nurture others! I hope that your day is filled with love and laughter, and anything else that YOU want it to be!

It's not really a huge deal here, but we will see my mom and I'm sure the grown kiddos and grandbabies will be by at some point. Other than that, my only wish is for some quiet time with scrapping and snacks :) It's kind of tradition that I get to go buy a bunch of flowers for my beds and deck for Mother's Day, and I did that on Friday :)

Do you have any special Mother's Day plans??

Cherylndesigns, norton94 and umyesh like this.
  2. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

Happy Mother's Day to you too! I echo everything you said. We have church this afternoon and then we'll be going to dinner at my mom's house with my siblings that are local. My husband took my kids shopping for me yesterday so I'm excited/nervous to see what they picked for me haha I love surprises so it should be good.

3. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

I know mother's day can be different for everyone. For me, it's a simple day. My mom is out of state but not without a child's visit lol: my brother and his family will stop by later today. And she and I have already chatted via text.

I asked DH to make this for breakfast (minus the sesame seeds as we have an allergy in the family). I loved it but the kids not so much. Too bad cuz it's mother's day ROFL! The weather is really bad today so we did some stuff yesterday--not necessarily for mother's day, but just to enjoy our weekend a bit. Now I have locked myself in the office and I plan on spending a little quiet time in here, ignoring any chaos from the kids or DH lol!

4. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

Happy Mother's Day! So far, it has just been a nice, quiet morning. I've scrapped a layout. I made myself breakfast - eggs with spinach, turkey bacon and fresh pineapple.

5. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

We don't make a big deal of holidays. But when I remembered I've gotten into a habit of grocery shopping on Sundays this year, I suggested to my kids they and their dad could do the grocery shopping this week, and they all agreed.

In the evening my kids and I are going to see a homeschool theater group production of Snow White.

Other than that I'm having a relaxing day at home. I had my morning walk. I might scrap. The only thing I'd change is the weather, from the rain we're having to sunshine.

6. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Happy Mother's Day! It's been quiet around here, but hubby cooked for Stephanie, Asher and me. It was yummy!

IntenseMagic, Tree City and norton94 like this.
  7. norton94

norton94 Thank goodness I'm still a Well-Known Member

Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's out there :)

Getting some organization to our home after bringing oldest home from college Friday night.

8. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Let's see - we went to church, then came home for leftovers, then hubby went to do landlord repairs, and we worked on dd's Gold Award project (building benches). When hubby came home, we cut more wood. So I hear a friend is bringing dinner for everyone. Meanwhile oldest son and daughter-to-be are pressure washing the house. And I hear there is a gift for me at some point.

norton94 and IntenseMagic like this.
  9. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

Happy Mother's Day everyone!

We went to the Mamma Mia sing along showing today at a theater by us. We had a play along instruction sheet and there was an emcee who made funny comments throughout the movie. We had so much fun. At first just Clara and I were going to go, but my son wanted to go too, so we all four ended up going. We stopped at Coalfire for pizza and Jenni's for ice cream on our walk home. Now we're watching the Cubs play... it's a good day.

IntenseMagic likes this.
  10. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers and substitute Mothers as well.

My Mother's day, yesterday was a great day. First off we went to Church early to attend the Sunday School's special little program and then we headed off to meet up with daughter and family at a beachside town and have a lovely lunch and time together. Lots of hugs were happening as this family flies off overseas this Wednesday to spend 3 months in Calgary, Canada where my son-in-law comes from.

11. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I was busy relaxing Saturday and Sunday, so just now seeing this post! LOL

Saturday morning started out slow and easy. Jay, Olivia, and Daniel made a big breakfast (eggs, bacon, cheese grits, sausage casserole, toast) and gave me my present (a new Betsy Johnson handbag) and some flowers.

00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190511102452181_COVER.jpg IMG_20190511_105631.jpg

Later on in the evening, we went to my Mama's for a combination birthday dinner for my sister and dinner for Mother's Day.

IMG_20190511_172022.jpg IMG_20190511_172543.jpg 00100sPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190511190903819_COVER.jpg 00100sPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190511190833029_COVER.jpg

On Sunday, we met Jay's mom and family at Golden Corral for their brunch buffet. It was kind of a crazy day because of the thunderstorms and Jay's mom oversleeping (we thought something horrible had happened because we couldn't reach her) and then there was just a comedy of errors after that . . . but it was fun!

IMG_20190512_112101.jpg IMG_20190512_112837.jpg

I was so spoiled!

IntenseMagic likes this.
  12. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

We went to church (and it was an incredible life-changing sermon that's now going to be part of my first tattoo -- but that is a story for another time!) & stood in line for 15 minutes to get this photo. Please note that my daughter is only 9 & almost as "tall" (5'3") as me!

[​IMG]

We went to my parents' for Mothers' Day/postponed birthday party for my son & my nephew. The rest of the family got to meet my sister's new boyfriend & my son got lots of fun new dinosaur toys.

We had to work on my daughter's Laura Ingalls Wilder project after we got home so our Mothers' Day movie + Ben & Jerry's date has been postponed until Wednesday. I'm looking forward to a snuggle with my kiddos, and I will probably make them take pictures with me, too.