Mini Photo Printer

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by pagefrocks, May 1, 2019.

1. pagefrocks

pagefrocks ♥•:*¨¨*:•♥•:*¨¨*:•.♥

Soooooooo . . . I'm interested in getting a mini photo printer for travel journal pages. I'm looking at the Ivy by Canon. But there are so many choices on brands . . . anyone care to share what they use and love and why?

My "big" printer is a Canon inkjet and it's a workhorse that I absolutely love. So I'm already partial to the brand.

2. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

This is a great thread started by @Karen that may help you. She ended up with the HP Sprocket because it's portable, so perhaps you'd like her reviews. She's posted some TN pages using its photos and they're great! I'm sure she'll happily give you more info. :) And perhaps someone has the Canon Ivy and can give you a rundown. Like you said, there are so many options out there! Good luck finding one you love!

Karen likes this.
  3. pagefrocks

Thank you Sara!

Tree City likes this.
  4. Heidi Nicole

Heidi Nicole Well-Known Member

Following this! I have lots of trips coming up and have been thinking about a portable printer!

5. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I am totally in love with my tiny little Sprocket printer. I've had it since November and I've used it about 5-10 per week. The photos will not be a crisp and clear as your regular printer, but that's really not what this is meant for anyway. I really love it because it's perfect for printing in my TN (traveler's notebook) sized journal and the whole back of the picture is sticky backed, so I print it and peel the back off and smack it in my journal. I don't have to carry any tape rollers or anything extra.

Now having declared my Sprocket love :giggle I will say that I don't own any other ones, so the Ivy might be just as good. I did read a bunch of reviews for all of them when I was looking and the HP one is the one that I settled on based on what I read at that time. And also because the Sprocket was going to be on sale for Black Friday. Score!

6. Karen

Here's a page with sprocket printed photos on it:

[​IMG]

7. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I have the Sprocket, too and I love it!! I don't know much about the Ivy, but from what I've seen it looks pretty comparable.
    Here's one of my spreads with Sprocket printed photos...the bottom photo of my son was just wonky anyway because of the lighting, not because of the printing lol
    [​IMG]

Karen likes this.
  8. pagefrocks

Yes! This is exactly how I imagine using it . . .

I did find a youtube review. She didn't include the ivy, but did show four different models. She showed the app and photo set up, along with the printing and final comparison. Looks like the HP sprocket has the best print quality and it seemed like the easiest to use!

Karen likes this.
  9. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

I have the Ivy. I love that the paper it uses has a sticky back option. I think it prints a bit darker than things look on my cpu, so i try to lighten up the photo before printing. It was on a good sale when I got it.

Karen likes this.
  10. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

This is a good tip. I do this with a lot of my photos as well.

Karen likes this.
  11. OKate

OKate New Member

Great info here - thanks for this thread - I'm in desperate need of a small photo printer

12. Karen

Thanks for posting this YouTube link. It was a great video to show all the different printers out there. :agree

13. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

14. slfam

slfam Chocolate or vanilla? I can't decide!

Bart is just hopping all over the lilypad this morning!!! Kisses!

15. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

I have a Polaroid Zip. I would have loved the HP Sprocket. The planner community went haywire a few weeks ago when Staples clearanced out their older models... people were finding sprockets for like $20. I didnt find one or get one. My work reward program had the Zip, so it was free to me. I think it works well, and the video i happened across explained that they were very similar. I am seeing how the replacement paper is slightly cheaper. I *think* i could buy the HP brand and have it still work in my Polaroid, but I'm not 100% sure.

Anyway. Last month, i sent photos home with party guests at my kids' birthday party, so it was amazing to have it. In June, when my friends come to town, i will get to compare their Sprockets to my Zip, but we'll be able to print our vacation photos on the spot, which I'm really looking forward to.

Karen likes this.