Game of Thrones Season 8 Episode 4 Discussion *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by weaselwatchr, May 5, 2019.

1. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

I didn't dislike the episode, but definitely felt there way too much they tried to pack into an hour and it ended up leaving gaps and just seemed sloppy. In past episodes most of those moment would have gotten more than 30 seconds of screen time. The scenes were kind of choppy.

Ferdy and weaselwatchr like this.
  2. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

I think they are trying to hard to wrap things up too quickly

SeattleSheri likes this.
  3. sansan

sansan New Member

I read somewhere (forget where), that the story isn't done...4 spin-offs coming to hbo from the books...or did I dream it?

weaselwatchr likes this.
  4. Kate

Kate The Doctor's new companion

I think this is exactly it. Stories that would have taken place over a number of episodes before (Jon telling Sansa and Arya and then Sansa deciding whether to tell anyone, Jaime and Brienne getting together and then him leaving, Missandei going missing and falling into Cersei's clutches) just felt rushed and unsympathetic. I would have liked to have seen more - eg Sansa and Arya's reaction to the news of Jon's parentage, Tyrion's reaction to that same news. The discussion between Tyrion and Varys felt clumsy and heavy-handed to me too. It felt like the situation was being spelled out to the viewer, as if we haven't been following this series for 8 seasons.

I thought the opening twenty minutes or so were great, and then I felt that this episode lost its way a bit. SO annoyed at the treatment of Ghost too, poor boy. Looks like Dany is heading for full mad-queen mode now, I really hope there's some sort of a twist here and that's not how her story ends. In fact I'm hoping for a lot of twists in the next two episodes (ideally not totally illogical twists like how two flying dragons fail to see the enemy fleet lying in wait behind a rock).

Last edited: May 7, 2019
    weaselwatchr, Chippi, Ferdy and 2 others like this.
  5. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

I'm afraid this is going to end like Lost. I loved the series, so many ideas and theories and at the end, it was a total disappointng thing.

_ I HATED what they did to Ghost!! #justsaying...LOL

weaselwatchr, SeattleSheri and Chippi like this.
  6. cinna

cinna The Force is ALWAYS with me ...

I really, really hope too that they don't mess this up like they did with Lost (and House of Cards for that matter)!
    It has been such a quality show but now it feels a bit sloppy and hasty. Like they're trying to cram things in instead of sticking to a few really good ones.

Jon also wins the prize as the worst pet owner ever - at least he could have said goodbye properly!

SeattleSheri, Ferdy and weaselwatchr like this.
  7. weaselwatchr

I read that too. I think they may be prequels

8. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

I don't know why they needed to kill off another dragon. Really wasn't a fan of that! :( so disapointing.
    My fiancee now doesn't want to watch the show anymore.. due to the fact he claims the dragons are the only reason he watched.. *L*

weaselwatchr likes this.
  9. KarenW

KarenW Send in the Clowns

Ok, the single most annoying thing about this show is a total lack of time line and actions reality - Euron becomes Lord of the Iron Isles - islands with no trees and a tiny population, loses all his ships when Yara steals them (as well as many seasoned sailors) but manages in a couple of months to have a huge fleet and enough sailors to man them! Where did they build them and from what supplies? Where did all the sailors come from? and the whole accurately bringing down a dragon and quickly reloading those monster spear throwers in just wrong...

Everything is starting to feel rushed and not particularly well thought out. Of course after a huge battle you would want to march to another immediately - not even a couple of weeks rest. And again the distances between Kings Landing and Winterfell are glossed over...

I think it's good they are ending it now before it gets ruined (couldn't even watch the last series of House of cards - they dragged it out way too long)

weaselwatchr, SeattleSheri and Ferdy like this.
  10. weaselwatchr

My husband dislikes the show but tolerates watching it because I want to watch it. HE will point out battle strategy inaccuracies. Like for instance the scorpians that Euron had on his ships were not very accurate, so that fact that Rhaegal was almost instantly shot was ridiculous to him. He never has anything good to say.

11. Chippi

Chippi Those chicken nuggets are just waiting to attack

One of the things that always makes me laugh and sigh is when they have almost whispered conversations that would not be possible. Eg, Tyrion quietly talking to Cersei. He was far away from the wall, and she was high UP on the wall and he was talking to her like they were sitting across the table. I mean, that kind of conversation can work in, say, The Originals / Vampire Diaries because of their super hearing... but apart from the actually magical beings, this is a show about ordinary humans right?

[​IMG]

Kate, weaselwatchr and Ferdy like this.
  12. weaselwatchr

cinna, Ferdy, Chippi and 1 other person like this.
  13. Kate

Kate The Doctor's new companion

weaselwatchr and Ferdy like this.
  14. Chippi

Chippi Those chicken nuggets are just waiting to attack

Oh wow! What brilliant well thought out ideas and imaginings. That works so well doesn't it!! I'm going to save that so that if the show goes off the rails, I can read that over until the true ending is written.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  15. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

I like that too!! it's a way better plot twist! if this happened, I wouldn't be mad with Jon killing Dany...if this is really happening, of course...

Chippi, cinna and weaselwatchr like this.