scrapbooking saves the day | Pad Patter 10 May

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bellbird, May 10, 2019.

1. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

I know iNSD was last week but I'm still celebrating our hobby. Go with me for a sec.
    So in the ongoing saga of the big new fishtank and assorted additional purchases that it then required, we finally received the backdrop poster thing DH ordered a while back and it had to be attached to the back of the tank. Good old sticky tape wasn't going to cut it for DH & my stash of adhesives and double sided tape of various widths & goodies from my paper scrapping days that i hoard/can't bring myself to part with saved the day! Granted, we could have gone and wandered through a bunch of shops looking for the perfect way to attach it but I'm calling it a win for scrapbooking because it saved us the time and some galavanting around (and it seemed a good way to justify some of my physical stash ;) )

Tell us about a time when your scrapbooking stash, skills or anything you attribute or have gained from our 'hobby' has helped save the day!

2. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

I use my scrapbooking double sided tape all the time. :)

My favorite way that scrapbooking saves the day? When there is a discussion (argument) over when or how something happened and someone pulls down a scrapbook to show who is right. Or when they have to show their girlfriend how cute they used to be when they were little. Or that time we saw the ....

3. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

#memorykeepingForTheWin

Karen and BevG like this.
  4. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

I just designed our HOA community garage sale flyer! :D I've made some invitations/announcements for friends/family too- that's fun! We also use the scrapbook to 'prove' something happened too- I usually can narrow down to the year at least, then we have fun looking through all the old layouts/pics! ;)

Scrapping with Liz, bellbird and BevG like this.
  5. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

way to work those skills!

amien1 likes this.
  6. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Oh my gosh - lots of times. I still have a huge stash from my paper scrapping days. I have tons and tons of ribbon that somebody is always hitting me up for. Also, all of my baker's twine and all kinds of string gets used for school projects. They know where to come to when a project needs to be done. I have a huge supply of Copics, Tim Holtz and other markers that get used for all kinds of things. I have a stash of paint that we made a "galaxy" with last year - all we had to do was buy the Styrofoam balls. You name it, I've probably used my stash for it. Now I'm foraying back into hybrid and paper doing the Pocket Letters and the TN's. I make Christmas tags and still make a few cards. I have so much 12x12 paper from every season. I just can't part with it. I did give some stuff away that I was pretty sure I'd never use, but I have to keep what I pared down to. Oh, when desperate measures have happened, I've even wrapped smallish presents in patterned paper. Haha

bellbird likes this.
  7. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

When the children were in school my scrapping supplies were often out for posters and brochures and projects. My die cut machine and variety of alpha dies is amazing for that.
    Ribbons get used for gifts and the glue and scissors are easy to find.

bellbird and IntenseMagic like this.
  8. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Same! We cut so many alphas for posters and decorations for projects!

bellbird likes this.
  9. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

Ok, who hasn’t used scrapbook paper to help pick out paint colors?

bellbird likes this.
  10. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

My hubs had a favourite belt that became too loose and an edge of leather started separating so he went into my scrap room and used my small detail scissors to create a new hole and used my double sided tape to secure the edge of leather. I was horrified that he had gone in my scrap room and rifled thru everything, worrying about him moving things around, taking something and not putting it back, etc so made him promise to come to me the next time he needed something.

bellbird likes this.
  11. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

I've used my photoshop skills many times to make flyers or school stuff for my kids. I've actually also used it for my boys' audio-verbal therapy...for specific language goals that they have to work on.

bellbird likes this.
  12. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Amusing kids.
    Washi tape is the best for making roads for cars on carpet. It pulls off and leaves no residue.
    Washi tape also is awesome for when kids decide to tape their mouths closed as part of a game. It comes off with no crying.
    I used my Silhouette and vinyl to label cups because I got tired of constantly washing cups and listening to the fighting over who's was who's.

Yep. Those supplies can come in handy!

bellbird likes this.
  13. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

Making a guest Sign In book for a cousins wedding.

Washi and old SB papers for school projects. And the best... TOMBOW's or the like for anything that needs to be stuck together!

bellbird likes this.
  14. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Like a few others here, layouts have proved when/where a specific thing happened (or didn't happen).

I use my photos/layouts to keep track of what we ate and/or wore to a specific event so we don't duplicate. We were alternating years that we spent with our mothers because it was so hard to work both of them in when the children were little, so I use the photos and layouts to remember who had the previous year's holiday. LOL

I've used layouts to make slideshows for a memorial service or a last minute gift for someone.

As far as my old stash, I have a drawer of adhesives that is regularly used (and replenished). I still make cards so I use the paper supplies that I have for that as well as in my Happy Planner.

bellbird likes this.
  15. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I do marketing & communications work so my Photoshop/scrapping skills come in handy all the time!

bellbird likes this.
  16. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I definitely use my scrapbooks to fill in the gaps of my memory!

Last week my BIL texted my sister, Hubby and I together asking if we could remember the hotel we stayed in when we went to Boston in 2005. I certainly couldn't remember and at first I searched in my excel spreadsheet I use for our budget, but I couldn't find a charge in there (meaning my hubby paid). So I pulled out my old paper scrapbook and sure enough I had included the name of the hotel in my journaling. Yay! My Sister and BIL are planning a trip back there this summer and wanted to know what area we stayed in.

bellbird and BevG like this.
  17. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

And now I want to know....
    Where did you stay?

18. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

:giggle The Wyndam Hotel. :agree

19. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I'm always using my digi and even paper scrappin skills to save the day. Today is one case in point. My oldest DD is leaving on a mission in just over 2 weeks and she decided she wants some photo cards to pass out at her mission farewell this Sunday. Yep in 3 days! Luckily we had done a quick photo shoot of her when the blossoms were out at the state capital. I opened PSE and quickly whipped up a card for her. Now, I just have to get it to the print shop and pray they can get them done by Saturday.

I also use my scrapbooks to prove when things happened and have used my paper scrappin supplies to make school project posters, science fair project boards, student body election posters and flyers, newsletters, and even bulletin boards for my kids' teachers and now myself when I started teaching computers this year. We've even used my die cuts to cut flowers from old soda cans to make cute hair clips and fabric circles for hair flowers. Seems I'm always using my cutter or adhesives for something. Mostly for cards and cute wrapping for little thank you gifts.

I consider scrappin a very useful tool in my arsenal. Scrappin has saved the day more than once and I'm sure I'll continue to pull from my scrappin knowledge til the day I die... hehe.

Last edited: May 16, 2019
  20. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

this is off-topic to the original post but I had to say this is SO me.

bellbird likes this.