Monthly Boxes

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by dotcomkari, May 5, 2019.

1. dotcomkari

dotcomkari The Deaf Superstar

Does anyone get any monthly box things? What are your favorites? Have you tried a few you couldn't stand?

We got Bark Box for Neelix for quite sometime, but I discountinued with them due to the fact Neelix is a chomper and chewed a lot of their toys to shreds and while they were good at replacing toys it was crazy being sent toys that would be shreded in seconds.

We also did Dollar Shave Club for over a year. We loved their shave butter and Eric adores their razors, but it just did not work the best for me. I guess I am a hairy beast or something?

I just started Billie razors.. I have heard good things about them. I will let you know when I get it in a few days.

2. gracielou

gracielou Well-Known Member

I have done many throughout the years. Right now we do dollar shave club and I have the little passport world edition for my littles that I homeschool.

3. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

I did have the kit nip box subscription, but I cancelled because we were cutting back expenses. It was great.

4. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

DD gets Birchbox and Ipsy. I used to get them but I stopped wearing makeup, so... lol. She likes them. She's a tween so these monthly subscription boxes are cool for her.

DH and I subscribe to crema, a coffee subscription box. We love it. You you pick what you want (it's put on your playlist); you can adjust it to what type or types of coffee you like and they send you a coffee based on your playlist and on a frequency you set. Oh, and it's fresh roasted. When I say fresh roasted, I mean fresh. Once we got a coffee that had been roasted 5 days before! It's like they roasted it, packaged it, and sent it all in the same day. (It is supposed to be fresh, so maybe that is what they do?) If anybody wants more information, PM Me. I have a code where you can get $20 off. And full disclosure, I also get $20 LOL.)

5. pagefrocks

pagefrocks ♥•:*¨¨*:•♥•:*¨¨*:•.♥

I've done FitFabFun for the last two years and enjoy it a lot. Amazing products that I'd never pick up for myself, although I do give about half the stuff away because I just won't use it. But that's half the fun, sharing it with my son's girlfriend (smile).

I also do KitNip and that is just too much fun with three cats. They know when it arrives. I think they spray the box with catnip oil or something? It's an evening of entertainment when we break the seal.

I've done ipsy, but just don't really use much makeup or at least don't like to try new makeup.

It's so much fun to get "good" mail!

6. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

We did Bark Box for a year, but stopped it because Daisy has way too many toys now. I have to rotate them - I keep them in bags and when I rotate, she thinks she has new toys. DD gets Birchbox and loves it.

7. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I don't do any myself, but gifted Fab Fit Fun to my future daughter-in-law for Christmas/birthday. It comes here so I peek in the boxes and it really is a great deal for what you get. Now I want it for myself, I have been dropping hints LOL. It's nice stuff and any of the things in the box would make great gifts if you didn't need/want them.
    My daughter gets Birchbox. She's way more in to makeup than I am so I'm not sure that one would be worth it to me.

8. Lynnette

Lynnette In my life, I've loved them all

My sister gifted us a Yum Yum box subscription for Christmas, so each month we get a box of snacks from a different country. It's been super fun!

dotcomkari and BevG like this.
  9. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I do Stitch Fix... but it's every three months! I gave gifts of Birchbox to my Mother and MIL last christmas for a few months!

@dotcomkari Have you tried a Bullymake box? A friend did that one and it was a LOT more sturdy and less shreddable toys!

10. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I have never subscribed to one, though I've been tempted many times for different ones. I just spend my extra $$ in different ways . . . and oh can I spend it! LOL

11. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I have done Gwynnie Bee (plus-size clothing rental) in the past. It was fun but exhausting having to get to the post office every week to ship clothes back. We've done Kiwicrate for my daughter which was great but $$$.

I am currently a VIP of JustFab, Adore Me, & Fabletics which are all subscription-based but don't send you a box of anything every month (you are charged a store credit if you don't shop or skip by the 5th of the month). I have gotten some great deals & sales at JustFab (like black sequined jogger pants for less than $20).

I had my first box of Hungryroot (plant-based already-prepped food) delivered last Saturday. I have only tried a couple of things so far. They were both fine but not enough to make me want to order more. We'll see how dinner & lunch the next few days go; I have until Wednesday at 3 pm EDT to customize or reschedule my box.

12. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I used to do StitchFix, but found I was keeping things that I should have kept, so I stopped. I keep thinking I'll order a box for a special occasion, but so far I haven't requested a box in a couple of years.

My daughter did a couple of make-up boxes... BeautyBox (I think that's what it was called) which went under in fiery crash of chaos (they just ceased existing one day with no warning) and Sephora Play. They were both good at getting her started with some make-up basics, but soon she had more than she could ever use.

She's also tried a Goody box from ThredUp which is like StitchFix with used clothing. It was fun, but she didn't like it enough to request another.

Hmmm.... seems like there was something else. I'll see if I can remember.

2019iNSD.png

13. DigiGrace

DigiGrace Make mine a purple passion

kissed the frog!

14. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

I got my daughter a 6-month sock subscription. She gets one or 2 pairs every month. She has really enjoyed it. The company is "Say it with a sock".

15. navaja77

navaja77 Well-Known Member

I only get Boxycharm. I use makeup and find I hardly buy any when I can get them in my monthly box. I also gift them to my sister if I get stuff I don't use. I used to get Ipsy but decided to cut back and plus their products are sample size. Boxycharm sends you mostly full size products and luxury brands :)

I've never tried any of the other subscription boxes.