Why does NSD weekend have to be so busy?

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by QuiltyMom, May 5, 2019.

1. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I have two standing commitments the first weekend in May, not including NSD, and they always keep me away from participating in much of the NSD games. It's such a bummer to be missing out on so much!

So, what has been your favorite game/activity of NSD? I'd love to hear from you!

2. 3BluEyedBabies

3BluEyedBabies Falling for pumpkin ...

I feel your pain...I work every weekend so my time is very limited for these games and challenges. I do appreciate the games I can play from my phone...LOL

QuiltyMom likes this.
  3. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

So far, my favorite activity has been actually scrapping! LOL I've really made it a priority this time. I still didn't get as much done as I wanted, but I'm still scrapping tonight and tomorrow.

4. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

I'm with Cheryl: my favorite activity has been actually sitting down and scrapping. I made that a priority and my husband was kind enough to understand that I needed that time so he made sure to keep the kids reined in LOL and away from me for the parts of the day that I asked him to. And part of scrapping has been shopping! Woo hoo!

And of course I've also love joining in and all of the fun here in the iNSD forum as well as the rest of TLP.

QuiltyMom likes this.
  5. 3BluEyedBabies

3BluEyedBabies Falling for pumpkin ...

I'm hoping to do that tonight and tomorrow. I really want to make it to the Project Mouse chat.

gonewiththewind and QuiltyMom like this.
  6. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

My favourite part of iNSD is definitely Bart :)

[​IMG]

busywoman139 likes this.
  7. QuiltyMom

8. amandac

Mmmmm kissed are the best!
    [​IMG]

9. DopeyGal

DopeyGal I don't like deserted islands!

Kiss

10. QuiltyMom

At least I'm getting time in to shop. I'm doing that right now. And can I say how thankful I am for the "you've already purchased this kit" warning you get in the store? It's saved me many times from buying the same thing over and again.

pagefrocks, Karen and amandac like this.
  11. amandac

:giggle me too!!

[​IMG]

QuiltyMom likes this.
  12. DopeyGal

DopeyGal I don't like deserted islands!

Kiss!

13. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

Usually the scrapping challenges are my favorite part of these celebrations. But I, too, have been too busy away from my computer this weekend. My new job (since January; I work in the box office of a local dinner theater) has kept me busy most of my weekend time this year. It's a good thing though, and I could still be scrapping. I completed MOC and LOD, but since then I think I've just been a little tired of scrapping and in the mood for other things.

But yay! I just completed a layout for today's slow scrap! My first page since March 22! :yippee

QuiltyMom likes this.
  14. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I usually shy away from big events. I get overwhelmed and so intimidated that I get a creative block! Hosting allows me to be involved and to see lots of pages too!

Last edited: May 6, 2019
    QuiltyMom likes this.
  15. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I know how you feel Jan! We have a local parade on the same weekend every year and our church is right in the middle of it, so out high school youth always sell concessions and the middle school youth sell parking spots in all our lots, so we are always involved with that all day long. This year when I got home my back hurt SO bad from standing all day that I couldn't make myself sit at my desk. I am glad that the games and things run through today though! :agree Gives me a chance to catch up!

QuiltyMom likes this.
  16. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I'm right there with you! Friday was prom for our daughter and Saturday was spent dealing with the aftermath. I'm late to the party.... but, I do have Bart to help get me up to speed :-)

eTVpGxE.png

QuiltyMom likes this.
  17. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

kisses

I've been having fun getting some scrapping done, and going to chats. Taking part in bingo was fun too.

QuiltyMom likes this.
  18. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

I haven't played many games other than BINGO. I love the thrill and excitement and GIFs thrown into the mix. It is so suspenseful at the end, so fun to interact with the players. Over the years I did win once, but mostly I'm one of those with 3 or 4 or 5 items left on my card.

I have been able to participate in a couple of slow scraps & two chats. There is a slow scrap this a.m. as well.

QuiltyMom likes this.
  19. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

Jenn, I'm with you. I feel overstimulated and inadequate with the big celebrations. One thing I DON'T like about them is the tremendous influx up uploads! That sounds really bad, but I enjoy going thru the gallery at a leisurely pace and writing meaningful comments to encourage people (because I appreciate meaningful comments!). There have just been way too many postings for me to keep up. I am a deer in the headlights when it comes to sensory overload--makes me want to run away!

jk703 likes this.
  20. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

It was definitely too much for me this year so I only did two or three things. I did take a class at another site and that was nice to feel I was "part of " but without any frenzy. I truly realize how much I cherish calm.