Kate Hadfield's May 2019 Blog Template Challenge & Win a $15GC

Discussion in 'Designer Challenges' started by cfile, May 1, 2019.

1. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Welcome to a new month here at the Lily Pad! It is May and along with the new challenge is a fun month starting off with iNSD weekend 5/3!!! Don''t miss out on all the fun!

This month's template challenge at Kate Hadfield Designs, we are calling "Blocked". This is the time of year we start getting more active with fun activities - school fun (proms, graduations etc.) vacations/Holidays and the like, and this template will be perfect to scrap all of those events and more!

Before jumping in with the new template, I want to announce the winner of Kate's April Blog template challenge "Mad about Circles". Thank you to everyone who joined in on the April template challenge. We really enjoyed seeing your beautiful circle pages!

The winner chosen by Rafflecopter for the $15 gift card to Kate's Store for April is Angela (aka @Angela Toucan ) with her beautiful Daffodils page:

[​IMG]

Congratulations Angela!!!

(@Angela Toucan Angela, please PM Kate here at the Lily Pad to claim your prize!!)

Now on to May!!! Kate has another great template to play with. The template is called "Blocked" and is packed full of large blocks for different sized photos, for papers and it has a special round circle too... It is a great spot for title work, and/or an additional photo!

Kate has been working on a really simple photobook project this year to get more pages scrapped, so while this is a bit different from her normal style, I know you will love it!!! However you decide to use the template, I hope you have fun with it!

[​IMG]

Here is the page I made with the template... I used some photos of when I went to Edinburgh, Scotland back in 2017. It was really alot of fun using the template scrapping another page of our trip!

[​IMG]

(Please click on page to get full credits)

Now it is your turn!!

Head on over to Kate's blog to pick up the free template (please scroll down on Kate's blog for download links) and to see more inspiration pages from the rest of Kate's Creative Team. Enjoy & have fun with the template! You could win a $15 gift card to Kate's store!

THE CHALLENGE:
    1. Download the template from Kate's Blog. (Please scroll down until you see the
    "Download Template Here: PSD PNG PAGE Tiff" ) You can use them as is, flip them, resize them, anything you want, to make them your own!
    2. Create a digital layout, hybrid layout, or even a card or other project. It can be any theme that you wish. The only requirement is that your page should include at least 50% Kate’s products.

*Please note: This has to be a new layout for the challenge*

If you are looking for some inspiration on how to use Kate's doodles, check out the huge Kate Hadfield Creative Team Pinterest board! You'll find 300+ layouts with all kinds of doodles & themes!

Or, go to Kate's blog to see all the layouts from her Creative Team using this template!

TO ENTER:
    1. Post your page in the Kate Hadfield gallery here at the Lilypad.
    2. Leave a comment in the Rafflecopter giveaway at the bottom of the May challenge post on Kate's blog, linking back to your page by midnight EST on May 31st! The winner will be announced along with the next blog challenge on June 1st!

We hope you enjoy creating with this "Blocked" template for May! We can't wait to see the gorgeous pages you will make with it and Kate's doodles, as well as reading the stories! Happy Scrapping!

Last edited: May 1, 2019
    Ferdy, Angela Toucan and marijke like this.
  2. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

Congratulations Angela and @cfile thank you for the new challenge! I'll come back with my page!

Angela Toucan and cfile like this.
  3. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

oh wow! thank you.

QuiltyMom and cfile like this.
  4. Nemla

Nemla Stretching my skill set

Thank you for the template, it was really easy to use.
    [​IMG]

cfile likes this.
  5. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Congrats, Angela! Love this month's template and your inspiration page, Christa!

cfile likes this.
  6. cinderella

cinderella I was alone once...best.day.ever.

Congrats, Angela!
    Lovely template this month too!
    [​IMG]

flowersgal and cfile like this.
  7. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Thanks for another great template. Here's my page.

[​IMG]

8. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

9. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

here's my page!
    [​IMG]

cfile and QuiltyMom like this.
  10. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

11. umyesh

umyesh President of the Hangry Ladies Supper Club

12. Meibritt

Meibritt CT - Kate Hadfield

Wonderful template! Thanks

[​IMG]

cfile likes this.
  13. Dady

Dady Well-Known Member

Congrats, Angela!
    Thanks for this beautiful template!
    [​IMG]

cfile likes this.
  14. GodBlessAmerica

GodBlessAmerica Active Member

I do not have any Kate kits, because my iMac died, but I did make a layout with the template and the Blog Hop kit. I did not see any Kate kit in it. Was there one I missed?
    Anyway thought I would at least show you all my first layout produced in 7 long... years.
    I signed up for Kate's emails and used freebies for this one. So 2 with the template. Yeah me. lol
    @clife do I use the link in my browser to the layout or one of the BB codes listed by the layout in the gallery to put it on the blog Raff thingy?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 8, 2019
    cfile likes this.
  15. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

Here's my take on it. It's such a fun template!

[​IMG]

cfile likes this.
  16. Janisn

Janisn Well-Known Member

Here's my layout - great template
    [​IMG]

cfile likes this.
  17. LynnZant

LynnZant Well-Known Member

Thank you for the wonderful template!
    [​IMG]

cfile likes this.
  18. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

You did great and the page you made with Kate's freebies is perfect. The browser link in Kate's blog is perfect. (She saw it :) ) and I love both of your pages :) Thanks for playng along with the template challenge.. Dakota is a cutie!!

19. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

My page

[​IMG]

20. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

cfile likes this.