fish?|pad patter 1 may

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by AnneofAlamo, May 1, 2019.

1. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

I’m sitting on my couch in my living room. As some of you know, I live in a land lock state, of mostly desert.
    But.
    I am staring at angel fish and enjoying the calming feeling of fish in a tank.
    I love this tank. I have two, thus one and a small one with a beta a two scared guppies in my kitchen!!

So, do you have fish in your house? Have you ever?
    Do you want to?

2. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

I've grown up with fish in a tank, my dad still has his big fish tank. He finds it helps him to relax. We don't have any pets of any kind in our home though.

There's a few different fish ponds in our town park, and I used to take the little ones there often. "ish" was one of TJ's first words, and she adored visiting aquariums.

3. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

My daughter is Beta #2 since last July. She enjoys him and the real question is: Is he going to college with her? I think he should since the dog can not go with her.

4. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I have cats, adding birds and fish (prey) hasn't worked out for us.
    As a child though we had a fishtank with goldfish and they were soothing to watch.

5. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

once I had a Beta, but unfortunately it didn't last long... I don't have any other pet, I'm allergic :cry

6. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

We've had fish, we killed fish...repeatedly...poor things!! Just like the turtles, frogs, lizards, hamster, etc. Our dog and 2 cats have been very fortunate lol.

Ferdy likes this.
  7. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

We had a fish tank once, but I'll never have another one.

8. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I had a goldfish as a child long, long ago. Very briefly. I think. I barely remember.

9. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

I talked about this recently when @bellbird was talking about her recent aquarium purchase.

We had a 75 gallon growing up. HATED cleaning the tank but did enjoy the fish from time to time. NOT enough to warrant the hours of cleaning the tank out.

I think Olivia had a goldfish for a short time. Jay has talked about getting an aquarium, but I've always said no. SCARRED from childhood and the mess and stink of fish. LOL

I will go to the aquarium or to the beach or river if I feel the need to be close to water creatures.

bellbird likes this.
  10. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

We're still moving furniture to fit in our recently acquired 4ft tank (it has involved DH patching holes from previous power points & TV wall mounts that we forgot were behind a bookcase, & he patched a cornice, went & bought ceiling white but it was no better than water so he's several layers of paint in to this project & the tank is sitting empty for now) but we have 2 other tanks with fish & a pond outside

11. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

We used to have a 10 gallon fish tank. It started with some fish from one of my kid's classrooms and then I ended up buying a tank and all of the supplies. Our last goldfish died less than a year ago. He had a pretty long run. I retired the tank because I was the only one that did any of the maintenance and it seemed like the kids lost interest

12. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

@AnneofAlamo - No more fish.. we had a fish tank growing up... I remember the black fish with the bulging eyes and I always called it "Barney Google" and would sing the song "Barney Google with the goo goo googly eyes"!! My mother & father must have taught that to me! LOL

[​IMG]
    I remember we had Angel Fish, betas and the like but it is too much to clean the tank etc. .. We also had a fish pond with waterfall Dad made and we had gold fish in it.. we had them forr years and the goldfish grew really big until one day we saw a neighborhood cat dipping their paw in the pond, and little by little we had no fish left... thanks for the memories Anne!

Last edited: May 2, 2019
    bellbird likes this.
  13. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

We do have one! Fresh water tank that my hubby has in his home office. When the kids were younger we did have a large salt water tank and that was so much fun (side note, I never had to clean it) BUT the salt water was so expensive! But I agree there is something so relaxing about watching fish!
    I have always lived in Michigan........ we are surrounded by water and most people own some type of boat because in the community I live in we have what is called the chain of lakes, which means you can put your boat in one and then the streams leaving one goes into another so you can take your boat and spend the day going from one lake to another. My hubby knows all the good spots to catch fish.
    I grew up on a small Michigan lake so we spent hours exploring it, besides the fish there are water snakes, frogs (which in the spring can be the perfect music to fall asleep too!) turtles, painted and you need to be really careful with the snapping turtles! In the winter we had 'shacks' we would pull out onto the ice and you can ice fish.

14. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I do love to watch fish swimming... it's fascinating! I've had fish tanks myself several times in my life, but I hate cleaning the tanks.

15. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

I've had cats, dogs, hamsters and birds but never fish. I love to watch them swim around, some of them are so beautiful.

16. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

We have two goldfish: Finn & Lizzy. One in each kids' bedrooms. They both are actually fair fish! Who knew they would outlive the betta fish that we purchased. How they are still swimming is beyond me- since both of my kids fail to feed them on a regular basis! lol!

bellbird likes this.
  17. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

No fish for me. I'm too lazy to care for something that I can't cuddle. :giggle

bellbird likes this.
  18. QuiltyMom

QuiltyMom I'll never run out of things to do!

I used to have guppies when I was a kid.

Now the only sort of fish I want in the house is the kind I can eat! My least favorite thing in the world to do is visit an aquarium, and the rest of my family LOVES to visit them. Figures. Yup. I've been to more aquariums than I wish I ever had visited!

bellbird likes this.
  19. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

20. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

We used to have huge tropical fish tank when hubby and I were first married and we loved it! We got rid of our tank when we moved down south but are planning on getting a tank once we have built in the family room downstairs. I just love watching the fish, its really relaxing and very calming!

[​IMG]

bellbird, amien1 and slfam like this.