Game of Thrones Season 8 Episode 2 Discussion *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by weaselwatchr, Apr 21, 2019.

1. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

Ha ha, yes, I know! I was referring to Ghost the direwolf ;)

weaselwatchr and Dalis like this.
  2. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

So this happened today. My store manager said “do you watch game of thrones? You seem like you would watch game of thrones? Do you?!?” It was odd lol. Not sure what makes someone seem like they watch GOT. He and I are the only ones at the store that watch it, so he was super excited to talk GOT

Christina W likes this.
  3. weaselwatchr

For those of you that are on facebook, this is a pretty good group to join. They post all sorts of theories and will sometimes make your head spin. After joining I relaized that ther are people wayyyyyyy wayyyyyyy more into GOt than I am, lol
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/719124731616111/?fref=nf

Christina W likes this.
  4. weaselwatchr

Next week is going to be brutal. I think Bran may "die" not physically but have some sort of break down or have his mind taken over by the night king leaving him in some catatonic state.

I don't think Sam is going to die. I just am not feeling it. I guess we will see, or not see sunday since it's going to be so dark.

Kate likes this.
  5. mommyish

mommyish Style Addict

I don't think Sam will die - mostly because I think he is the "narrator" of the story and this is his history he has compiled. But that's just my theory.

weaselwatchr, Ferdy and Kate like this.
  6. Kate

Kate The Doctor's new companion

I think this next episode will be illuminating because there is so much we don't know about the White Walkers and the Night King. We don't know how their magic works - can they reanimate long-dead bodies (ie Winterfell crypts!) or just recently deceased ones? Do they have to be near to the dead to raise them, and if so, how near? Do they have to make the freaky spiral circle thing to sustain their magic, or does that serve another purpose? Can they really not swim?! :giggle

Nor do we know how they think (is it a mindless kill-everything-in-their-path thought process, or is their more structure and purpose to their plan?) or how much the Night King knows / remembers from his time as a human / connection with Bran - ie does he know there are secret ways into the crypts? That Kings Landing is the seat of power?

Having said that, we also don't know that much about Bran's powers either - does he know that the Night King will come for him? Or is he presuming that? Or is he saying that for a whole other reason that makes sense only to him because he knows other things? SO many questions!

7. weaselwatchr

Agreed. I think he will be the one writing it all down

8. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

All very good questions! I've also heard theories that Bran and the Night King are one and the same.

weaselwatchr likes this.
  9. weaselwatchr

I have seen that too, but the more I read other things the less I believe they are one and the same.

My Facebook feed now is filled with GOT stuff because I keep reading all the theories, lol.

Episode 3 tomorrow!!!!

SeattleSheri and Ferdy like this.
  10. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

I'm not ready at all for tomorrow's episode...and my mind is like this GIF with the theories!

tenor.gif

bonnenuit and weaselwatchr like this.
  11. weaselwatchr

me too

12. Kate

Kate The Doctor's new companion

I'm seriously considering staying up until 4am to watch it live.... :giggle

weaselwatchr likes this.
  13. Christina W

Christina W Well-Known Member

Yes, I would really like to understand more about their motivations. GRRM has spent so much time subverting various fantasy novel tropes, it would just feel wrong if the white walkers and Night King were nothing more than mindless evil. I doubt the wights have any real consciousness, but the walkers must: they are made from humans, after all.

I usually have a theory about every show we watch, but I legitimately have no idea how this one is going to end! It seems impossible that it could wrap up in just four more episodes. Ultimately, I think the power structure of Westeros will have to change: it can't simply end with one family's heir finally capturing the Iron Throne and then everything continuing on as before. But at the same time I don't want the last episode to feature negotiations on how best to devise a system of representative democracy for the Seven Kingdoms! Snore. I wonder if their civilization will end, like the Doom of Valeria a thousand years before, and society have to begin anew?

Ferdy likes this.