Procreate

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by SharLamb, Apr 19, 2019.

1. SharLamb

SharLamb I should have been a Supreme

OMG! I just found out that I can use keyboard shortcuts with ProC! I have the iPad with a keyboard cover (which I LOVE), and it was “exposed” while I was working on a e-card for my DDIL. Without thinking I clicked CMD + X to delete something, and it deleted! Then watched a YouTube video explaining that you can use a keyboard for many shortcuts. LOVE!

Karen, jenn mccabe and Li Li Wee like this.
  2. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

@SharLamb & @Li Li Wee Thank you both - I did some shadowing yesterday and created my first page - which I'll share for the weekend. I was thrilled to find a warp tool to help w/trasforming the shadow - works a lot like PS. But yeah, if it's a layer heavy layout, I could see how it could take time. Still ... it's letting me scrap away from my iMac desktop and that's exciting again. :)
    Thanks for the push Sharon!

Li Li Wee and SharLamb like this.
  3. SharLamb

Hadn't thought of using the warp tool, but I will try that on my next "masterpiece!" I DID discover a way to control the movement of the shadow. Select the shadow layer, then tap outside the selection box to move it the direction/s you want one pixel at a time. So much better than trying to drag it.

jenn mccabe likes this.
  4. jenn mccabe

Yes, I saw a vid on that trick. It's a cool app. I really like it.

5. SharLamb

B R E A K I N G N E W S !!!

The latest version of ProC has text! YES! If you don't have the latest version, go to the app store and upgrade. I haven't seen ANY videos on that feature. You go to the wrench tool>Add>Add Text. A keyboard pops up on your screen, but if you have the iPad keyboard (or I think if you connect any keyboard using bluetooth,) it works too! This is so exciting. Just this morning I finished off a layout in PS because I wanted some journaling and a typed title. I could have done it right in ProC.

6. jenn mccabe

That's what I have the latest V 4.5 ... with text. :yesss I even imported 2 fonts. The hardest part was trying to figure out how to unzip the fonts on my iPad. I ended up making a Short cut with the shortcut app (also new for iPad) and it works like a charm. It's kind of like making a script or action in PS. Here's the link if you want/need it. The extract/unzip is halfway down. He talks about how to zip first.

https://www.igeeksblog.com/how-to-zip-unzip-files-on-iphone-ipad-using-shortcuts/

7. SharLamb

Thanks! I will give it a shot!

8. gracielou

gracielou Well-Known Member

You can also unzip files through an app called file manager pro. I use it and it’s super easy. I think it’s only like $2.99

jenn mccabe likes this.
  9. jenn mccabe

Amanda, I was really tempted to get an unzip app for it bc it was not intuitive at all on the iPad! But .... I had just downloaded the latest iOS and I kept reading the fact that you don't need a 3rd party app anymore to unzip so I was determined to make it work without one. :faint2It nearly drove me over the edge! :giggle

gracielou likes this.
  10. gracielou

I don’t blame you. I had no idea that the latest iOS had that update. I never read what the updates do, I just download them LOL.

jenn mccabe likes this.
  11. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I actually downloaded the pocket version of Pro-Create yesterday and had fun playing around with it, but I wish that had text. It's awesome that the iPad version does. I just don't always have my iPad with me, and was wishing for a way to do simple fixing on Photoshop stuff while away from home. I really just want Photoshop on my phone. Is that really so much to ask for? :giggle

Do you procreate users know if there's a way to resize an element by a percent? Basically I was using it yesterday to lay out some stickers for printing when I got home (just to see if it could do it) and I wanted to bring in some labels and resize them all down to the same size. I just eyeballed it, but my perfectionist ways want them to be EXACT. Lol. I guess I could bring them all in, group them together and resize them at the same time... I was just curious.

12. SharLamb

Karen, I’ve watched all 36 (I think) of “The Manual” series for ProC, as well as a ton of other vids, and have never seen anyone mention resizing by %. I can’t imagine using the tiny screen of a phone for scrapping. Oh to have young eyes again. And slender fingers (since you can’t use an Apple Pencil with your phone).

13. Karen

Oh and how many layers can the iPad version of procreate handle? The pocket version limits the layers to 19.

14. Karen

I have the biggest phone I could get because my eyes aren't so young anymore. Lol! :) I don't know if I would scrap with my phone... probably too tiny for that.

Where is this "The Manual" series of videos? On YouTube? Nevermind... I found them on YouTube. I know what I'll be watching tonight! :)

15. SharLamb

Karen, the number of layers depends on the size/quality of the document. But way more than 19!

Karen likes this.
  16. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

So this thread makes me giggle every time I see it pop up. I know it's about the program but I can't help but read it as a command: Go forth & procreate!' :giggle

jenn mccabe and Karen like this.
  17. mommyish

mommyish Style Addict

My 17 week pregnant self is like "I AM! I'm doing my BEST!"

18. gracielou

I have 5 so I think I’ve done my part, too! It at least FEELS like I’ve done my part LOL.

jenn mccabe and Karen like this.
  19. SharLamb

We all DO have our gifts! hehehe

Tree City and jenn mccabe like this.
  20. jenn mccabe

I had to wait until the weekend to upload this because it has LynnG's newest Spring Paints ... but here is my first page made with Procreate on my iPad. A big thank you to enabler (in the best way! :beat) @SharLamb ...I had fun learning something new and now I don't have to be tied down to my desktop to scrap. Hoping I am motivated to make more pages. :)

[​IMG]

NBK-Design and Tree City like this.