Good Friday | Pad Patter 4.19

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bellbird, Apr 19, 2019.

1. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

I know today is officially called 'Good Friday' by a lot of people (including those that mass produce calendars) but I think there's at least some good in every day, it can just take some thought to identify the good in apparently not-good days.
    I'm heading to bed in a second because I'm still fluey and hoping to wake up to what I'm thinking of as 'Silver-lining Saturday' (I'm definitely missing a few things this weekend but the bright side, some quiet and extra scrap time).

In the meantime, today I'd like you to share with us something good about your Friday. It can be anything, like something little but wonderful and could happen any Friday (like me finding these Difflam anaesthetic throat lozenges in the back of the medicine cupboard - seriously wonderful!) to overwhelmingly amazing and specific to capital G 'Good Friday' traditions! It's all good (see what I did there ;-) )

2. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I'm not at work! Is there anything better on a Friday?? And my task for today is to go over to my son's house and play with their 5 kittens because they are out of town for the weekend :) I offered to leave DH and the youngest and go live at his house for the weekend all by myself :giggle

Hope you feel better, Justine!!

3. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Well, it's dark and gloomy here today and storming. Stay with me, I'm getting to the good part. I've been listening to a woodpecker all morning (apparently they don't care what the weather's like). It's kind of getting on my nerves if I get idle and start listening to it. The Good Thing - it's not pecking on our house! BWAHAHA

bellbird likes this.
  4. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

I just did a trial run packing my bag for our trip and everything fits!!! We're just taking a carry on bag so I was a bit worried, but after I took out a couple of extra tops I'm good to go!
    Even better, we're going out for lunch with some friends in about an hour.

bellbird likes this.
  5. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

Minimum day at work today...I'm outta here in 15 minutes!

bellbird likes this.
  6. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

Ok this might seem weird, but the BEST thing about my Good Friday was that all the shops were closed and we had nowhere to be and nothing to do! So, as a family, the four of us chilled at home and watched Netflix movies! It was SO RELAXING! It been a LONG time since the four of us spent an entire day together! We chatted, zoned out on the couch, ate healthy and just existed in our family space ...... it.was.brilliant.

Hope you feel better soon Justine! Sending massive "get lost flu germ" vibes your way xx

Have a great weekend everyone, celebrate it how you need, be who you are, love who you want!

bellbird likes this.
  7. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Lol this is exactly the kind of thing I meant! Glad your house is safe!

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  8. Cherylndesigns

That little sucker drove me nuts all afternoon!! :crazy3

9. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

I totally get the blessing that is! (someone may have woken me this morning with the sound of the garage door going up because of course he's going to Bunnings early :eyeroll

amandac likes this.
  10. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Lol (Between us, usually I'm a bird person but I do sometimes really wonder, especially when sick or headache-y, why we have a pet bird. Especially after being at the in-laws while we were away, he's full of separation anxiety noise that increases in pitch the longer it takes for him to find me or DH. Our goldfish are so quiet in comparison but even they're pumps & equipment & moving rocks around the tanks can be noisy)

11. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Good Friday is called Great Friday a lot b/c Yay long weekend ! This year here b/c Easter seems really late, if people played their day off cards right, they could have an extra long weekend, 7days in a row off, with a a public holiday for ANZAC day on the 25th next week. It's in the middle of school holidays so doesn't mean much for the kids but helps out a lot of parents

12. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Yay for avoiding baggage claim!

janedee likes this.
  13. Cherylndesigns

They can really drive us nuts. That woodpecker pecked all afternoon. We had a woodpecker on out house up in Michigan and I literally wanted to hurt it. It was pecking right outside the Master Bedroom! My brother had one pecking on their house in Colorado and he took his pellet gun after it.

14. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

• The store had the sale items I wanted to grab.
    • The replacement cord is working with my Silhouette!
    • Laundry is done.
    • I crossed off a few projects on my to do list.

bellbird likes this.
  15. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

#winning! (I started looking at the silhouette curio again yesterday, it's for card size stuff but does embossing & stuff as well as cutting & it's being packaged with the larger (letter /A4 size) cutting base pack for Mothers Day, I have til Tues I think to decide again but my desk looks like Everest at the moment (it's the dumping ground for everything so I've been scrapping on the dining table since MOC) & I don't know that I'm ready to tackle it any time soon & buying this would be a big commitment to sorting & cleaning it!

16. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

We found out we had wasps in the woodwork of the lounge room window a few years back ( I thought the buzzing was in my head or TV static kind of noise from appliances until one night when DH muted the TV & looked around & I realised he could hear it too! Kinda weird moral of the story - knowing things drive other people crazy makes us feel less crazy ;-)

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  17. amandac

amandac Read, or Run? Hmmm ...

Bet he only went for the bunnings snag ;) :giggle

18. Juliestcyr

Juliestcyr Grammar nerd and proud of it

Well, it's Passover here at our house. The first day of Passover is often, but not always Good Friday. We just did our little family Seder. (In town, it's just us and my husband's Dad.) There are a lot of great holiday traditions - right now we're watching the Prince of Egypt movie - which we do every year. But let me fill you in on a couple of the food traditions that everyone should try. Also... as of next week, any of the leftover matzo at your grocery store will be dirt cheap because after 8 days, every Jewish person is sick of it:
    1 - Matzo Candy aka Matzo Crack
    I've seen people make "Christmas Crack" with soda crackers, and it is sad by comparison. Matzo crackers make a much better base for the layers of toffee and chocolate: https://toriavey.com/toris-kitchen/chocolate-toffee-matzo-crunch/
    2- Matzo Brei
    Ok, this might be a bit of a hard sell. But, it's egg-coated matzo scramble. That you eat with cinnamon sugar and apple sauce... and a dab of sour cream if you've got any sitting around. I know how weird it sounds, but it's Stephen Spielberg's favourite breakfast. I worked with a Jewish co-op student last year, who pretty much ate nothing else all Passover : https://toriavey.com/toris-kitchen/matzo-brei/

amandac likes this.
  19. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

Lol he said they were giving out free hot cross buns at the door (no sausages that early but still) & it would be amiss of me to omit that he then came home via Woolies so we all had hot cross buns this morning

amandac likes this.
  20. bellbird

bellbird Pollywog

I have to admit that I don't even know if a section for matzo stuff exists in our chain grocery stores but the scramble with cinnamon and apple you described sounds quite nice (is the matzo salty? I thought it was for savoury things like matzo ball soup? )