We met up in Chicago!

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Karen, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

That would be awesome! I still keep hoping that someday we can have a giant TLP meet up where we rent out a whole hotel somewhere and spend a whole weekend meeting each other and scrapping! I think it would be SO much fun!

I would love to visit Vancouver someday!

I know! I was so bummed that you were double booked and couldn't come! I think it's time for another weekend in Michigan City soon!

Time for that to change! :giggle It's a little nerve wracking to meet an online friend for the first time, but I've met several friends from here now and even flew to Kansas City with a group of us to meet Laura a few years ago. I've never had a bad experience! But as an introvert, I'm glad that other people took the lead and just invited me to come! :giggle

2. Sokee

Sokee What we do in life echoes in eternity

Karen, weaselwatchr and Tree City like this.
  3. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Fantastic photo! So glad you had such a great time.

Karen and Tree City like this.
  4. kelley

kelley Gets excited over little green things.

That's so awesome!! I hope someday I get to do something like this!!

5. MiekSter

MiekSter We only regret the chances we didn't take

How fun! Wish I could have been there with you!

6. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Just saying.... I am coming to Detroit from Apr. 26th - 28th!

7. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

8. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Karen likes this.
  9. Tree City

So I flew home tonight. (Back to reality...Boo hoo! lol) Chicago was so much fun! When I first saw Karen, I had to remind myself, "This is the first time you've met her in person, so don't pounce on the poor woman! Hide your crazy!" :giggle

If you ever have a chance to meet a digi friend IRL, take it! :)

jenn mccabe and Karen like this.
  10. Karen

YES! That would be awesome!!!!

Lol! Oh my gosh this made me laugh out loud! :lol

jenn mccabe and Tree City like this.
  11. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

So excited for you guys! In the end I'm glad we didn't go to her Honors reception that weekend - she ended up being featured in a Teen Film Festival and got on stage to field questions from the audience. It was amazing seeing her up there in front of the audience rocking that Q&A!

Let me know when you guys do one again. Maybe I can make it a double trip - she's going to De Paul so I have more than one reason to be in Chicago starting next fall! :)

cfile and Tree City like this.
  12. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Oh how fun! I love the photo too!

I'm convincing DH we need to go back to Vancouver and really see the city. But probably not this year :(

Tree City likes this.
  13. Tree City

That is AWESOME! Congrats to her! I mean, of course it would have been great to see you in person, but that is such a cool thing for your daughter. And it's for sure she's going to DePaul? Congrats again! :)

I'm sure I'll get back to Chicago eventually. Perhaps we, the eastern state peeps, can try to sync up a visit with the Chicago-area peeps. I mean, you'll have like 4 years of your daughter attending DePaul, which seems like enough time for us to figure something out lol!

jenn mccabe likes this.
  14. Karen

That's so awesome for your daughter! I'm glad you didn't miss out on being able to see that. How cool that she'll be going to De Paul too... so like Sara said, we should be able to figure out a weekend to meet up during that time! :) It would be awesome to meet you in person too! :)

jenn mccabe likes this.
  15. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Love seeing y'all @Karen @Tree City @tkradtke together...what fun it was I'm sure. It IS amazing how much talk can happen that it's a wonder we even manage to eat at these meetups. Sounds like you didn't even try to scrap! I'm thinking of our visits to Sara when I and @jk703 both brought laptops, ehds and had great plans to scrap. LOL Silly thoughts!

Maybe east coast in the fall...godwilling my life will be simpler one way or another then with uncertainties resolved.

16. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I'm so sorry to have missed this. Dumb kids needing to be looked after all the time... :giggle

Hopefully I can make the next one!

17. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

It's always funny to me how much chatting happens and how little scrapping occurs. :) We can get together when things settle down!

18. Tree City

@cookingmylife and @jk703 I think we didn't even take our laptops out the first time we got together. We were too busy chatting! :giggle And then there's the weird "problem" where I felt like you'd been to my home lots of times so I assumed you knew where stuff was (utensils, bottles of water, etc) so you could help yourself...but it was your second visit. How would you know which drawer the forks are in?! :lol I told Ryan that I felt like a bad hostess cuz I assumed I could just be me and take that more formal "hosting" hat off...but I should have made sure to show you wherte thatstuff was before assuming you could grab it for yourselves!

Maureen: you've got a lot going on, but when it settles down we will definitely do an East Coast get together. Or perhaps you'll need a day with friends to unwind sooner than you think? Either way, we'll figure something out. We're here for you!

Karen and jk703 like this.
  19. Sara

Sara Riding in the Neil mobile

I love every single thing about this post! :beat

20. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

As if Sara! :nope

Tree City likes this.