Not good news but...

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by cookingmylife, Apr 2, 2019.

1. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

so very orry to hear this Maureen. Keeping you and your husband in our prayers.

2. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

3. staciahall

staciahall Quidditch, anyone?

So very sorry to hear about the doctor's report, Maureen. Prayers that their plan of action goes smoothly and your husband starts to feel better very soon.

4. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I'm so sorry Maureen. I know it's hard to be compassionate after awhile. DH had some medical issues in the past, and it was a tough time for both of us. Wishing you patience, and better news and a good recovery for Dick! Hugs!

5. Amson

Amson Yoo-hoo!

So sorry to hear this news. Sending love.

6. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Thank you all for the good wishes and reminders to laugh and enjoy each day as it comes. I'm fortunate to have a good group of women who know we have to laugh because there's always a giggle even in the darkest times. My one friend says that sometimes the angels have a dark sense of humor as I showed her the current book I'm reading. "The Silent Patient" which describes my husband to a T. Boy, is he an introvert! no questions, no reactions but a long long process time.

Years, decades ago, when my mother was dying I read Elizabeth Kubler-Ross "On Death and Dying" which described how people move back and forth in the possible stages/reactions to death, personal loss and many of the other 'negative' things we experience in life -"such as the death of a loved one, the loss of a job or income, major rejection, the end of a relationship or divorce, drug addiction, incarceration, the onset of a disease or an infertility diagnosis, and even minor losses, such as a loss of insurance coverage". It's certainly been interesting to see how various people react and cope with such situations. I've noticed I have a hard time thinking straight right now which is what happens to me when I get overwhelmed with any emotion. I'm smiling as I write this because in the past I used to wonder if I had a brain tumor when my thinking got muddled!!

And love to all of you who are facing such situations with loved ones. It ain't easy...

Tree City likes this.
  7. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

So sorry to hear Maureen - sending big hugs and love ...

8. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I'm praying still for NOT cancer results and that you patience continues and you go through the awful business of waiting. I'm glad he has that retreat scheduled to keep his mind somewhat off the waiting for the next appointment. Thank you for keeping us posted! Hugs all around!

9. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Oh dear! I will keep y'all in my prayers!

10. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

So sorry, Maureen. Keeping you both in my thoughts as you navigate the coming days. (((hugs)))

11. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

12. SeattleSheri

SeattleSheri Movers, cleaners, great hair. I'm a socialite!

Oh gosh, I'm so sorry to hear about a probable cancer diagnosis. I hope the biopsy goes smoothly and the results show a benign growth. Sending Dick lots of positive thoughts for strength during whatever treatment he faces. He is lucky to have a strong partner in you.

13. NancyBeck

NancyBeck Happy resident of Pollyville

I'm so sorry to hear this, Maureen. Thinking of you both.

14. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

Keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers.

15. wvsandy

wvsandy Grinning Granny

Still keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers! {{HUGS}} Praying that they can improve his quality of life soon.

16. MrsPeel

MrsPeel LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

Maureen, hang in there, sorry to hear ...I wish I was nearer to be able to help...you know you have so many of us here who love you and will have you in our prayers <3

17. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Maureen, I am so sorry, prayers going.

18. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

Such a difficult thing to go through. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

19. sharonb

sharonb Cher Memere

Sending big hugs and prayers..

20. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

Lots of love to you sweet Maureen. This must be so difficult for both of you. Hoping they can find out exactly what is going on, and treat it swiftly. Hang in there lady - we are thinking of you!