Free Shutterfly photo book every month!?!

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by jesskab, Feb 12, 2019.

1. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

I just got an email, there's a Shutterfly app exclusive to get a free 6x6 soft cover photo book every month. How awesome is that!?! I can't wait to use products from all our designers & fill up those books. I have some scrapping to do!

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  2. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

I got the email too. I can't wait!!!!

jesskab likes this.
  3. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I got it, too! So cool!!

4. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I got the same email and thought that was pretty awesome too! Anyone know what the shipping cost is for each book? I guess I could poke around in the app but I'm lazy and wondered if anyone has already done? In fact... @Firstoscartgrouch made one with her MOC layouts... can you tell me how much the shipping was for yours?

5. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Is it bad that my first thought is: but but it won't match the other sizes on my shelves?!?!?

I'm thinking it would be a cool grandparent brag book though....

patsyt and Cherylndesigns like this.
  6. tkradtke

tkradtke Professional Brainstormer

I made a quick one yesterday just to see what it would look like... and I put it in my cart just now to check shipping. The shipping is $7.99 and you pay tax on it as well. I ended up with one extra page (@ $.65) so my total was $9.53. Trying to decide how I feel about that.

As for what I am thinking I might use these for is Clara's photos. Being a teen she seems to have no concept of the value of a printed photo. She does print about 40 photos every other month and sticks those to her wall in her room, but I'm sure those will end up in the trash when she decides to take them down because of all of the tape. I print those for her through Shutterfly, so they're already in albums there which would make them easy to print.

7. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

The problem with the 6x6 is the journaling.. very hard to read in that size. My first book was done 7x7 and it was fine, but since then all my books are much bigger. I prefer the 12x12 for our UK trips and I keep them on the shelf under the coffee table... my coffee table has glass panels so you can see them through the top.

Very neat ladies.. I don't use Shutterfly (I use Blurb) but that seems like a great deal!!

SeattleSheri likes this.
  8. krscraps

krscraps I'm a nerd.

I thought the same thing! My books are all pretty on the shelf.

However, that may change once I move to Florida. Not sure how I'm going to scrap everything then. Maybe month by month or quarter by quarter? I need to catch up first though . Haha

LoveItScrapIt and bestcee like this.
  9. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

10. kelley

kelley Gets excited over little green things.

I got the email too!! Not to be negative, but gosh, I wish they didn't charge so much for shipping! I mean, they are giving it for free, but that doesn't mean the shipping is close to $10 for a tiny book. I usually journal pretty small, so it probably wouldn't work very well for my pages...

11. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Same here. All of my books are 8x8. It would make a nice gift, though, like you said.

12. jaye

jaye My other car is a Zamboni!

I have books in different sizes just to see which I prefer. The exception is my Year in Review and the lone vacation book I finished which are 12x12. I have done 7x7, 10x10 and 11x11. One I have on the go at present is 8x6.

May just check it out though

LoveItScrapIt and bestcee like this.
  13. Firstoscartgrouch

Firstoscartgrouch Save the salmon, and the lemon butter!

bestcee likes this.
  14. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

I've done some Chatbooks in 6x6 and I used those for my journal-less pages. Just the pretty pages I make. And the $10 for shipping is what they charge for the Chatbook, without the shipping. So it's pretty inline with what I've seen so far.

I'll try it out and see, I wasn't impressed with Chatbooks overall quality, but I print my larger books with Shutterfly and have always liked their quality. So I'll see!

15. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

When I've done 6x6 I've actually printed them at Shutterfly and then put them in a little album (WRMemorykeepers I think). 2 rears (60 prints) in each album though I could put three years in one. Those have only been 30 Days of Gratitude which has almost no journaling and was designed in that size so I can definitely read them.

I think this app is certainly designed for instagram prints since you work directly from the phone. I know my 12x12 pages can't go smaller than 8x8 and those books are offered free now and then. Yes, still shipping but...

bestcee likes this.
  16. sakura-panda

sakura-panda Well-Known Member

I'm all about 12x12; honestly, the size of the albums was what attracted me to scrapbooking in the first place. I've printed other sizes, but 12x12 is still my (and my family's) favorite.

I've printed Mosaic albums before (20 page limit, 6x6 book), but I thought it was just too small for layouts. They are perfect for photo only books though!

I have been using the Snapfish app 100 free prints per month. It's on my phone and my shipping cost is only $10. I thought I could send for them, throw them in an album for the kids to look at, and eventually replace them with scrapbook albums. However, I underestimated how much time it takes to pick out 100 photos and have only sent for them a couple of times. Maybe I would do better with the Shutterfly book.

bestcee likes this.
  17. jaye

jaye My other car is a Zamboni!

I just ordered mine and with the exchange, I think it was $17 Cdn. Will see how it looks and if I decide to do it again next month. First time I've ever done soft cover as well, should be in end of next week.

18. Memaw2Wm

Memaw2Wm Well-Known Member

My BIL prints photos for his mother every month. My sister says he’s now going to print them in a “free” book instead. They live here in Northern Virginia, while his mom is in Chicago. He includes photos he takes, photos my sister takes, photos their kids take (and share or post on Facebook), and photos taken and share by his sister and her family.

19. krscraps

krscraps I'm a nerd.

I'll be ordering my first free 6x6 book this weekend and will let you guys know how it turns out!

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  20. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

So you got it done after the chat? Awesome! can't wait to hear how you like it. :)

krscraps likes this.