help!!! PSE 15 keeps crashing with stupid Mojave...

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by Buffini, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Buffini

Buffini Active Member

anyone else experiencing crashes with the Mojave update? i wish i didnt update, i dont know what i was thinking!! Is anyone aware of a fix? thanks

2. weaselwatchr

weaselwatchr Viva, Las Vegas!

I can't help but am hoping someone here can help you. I hate updates!

3. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

I have Mojave but I'm on a new 2018 iMac and am using PSE2019. I hesitated to upgrade my OS on my older 2011 iMac because I knew it wasn't really capable of handing the newer system. I think I only went as far as High Sierra. You may want to try your Time Machine to go back to the day before you upgraded the system. BUT be SuRE you have any docs/files etc in a hard drive folder before you do that. Just In Case. You'll only have to go in and replace your OS. If you haven't done the Time Machine replacement you might want to call Apple for support or take you baby into an Apple store. I've done it a couple times and so has dh so we kind of are each other's in home IT service!

btw, I was really ready to leave PSE2015 just because of that 'no Adobe wasn't fixing' issue of not having "Open recently edited file..." working correctly. Small issue but it bugged me no end.

Buffini likes this.
  4. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Glad Maureen could give you some info. I am windows based so unable to assist.

5. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

This is one of my biggest fears that an OS update will mess up my ancient version of Photoshop (PS CS5). I sure hope Maureen's suggestion gets you back to before the update and it all still works properly!

bestcee likes this.
  6. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

I'm not on Mac, sorry!

Is it still broken?

7. Buffini

Buffini Active Member

8. Buffini

Buffini Active Member

thank you so much for this info! i ended up on a free trial of ps cc, and am also free trial-ing pse2019. pse2019 has crashed, ps cc seems to be amazing! might be my solution! :)

9. Buffini

Buffini Active Member

10. Buffini

Buffini Active Member

yup. darn it...but im now trying out ps cc and think i am going to get the subscription!

bestcee and cfile like this.
  11. cookingmylife

cookingmylife Pizza would be my last meal, except ...

Hope that's your solution @Buffini
    Back last year when I had a glitch with my 2011 iMac, I took it in to Apple, they resolved the issue but...."helped me" by updating my OS to Mojave. AAARGH! I knew my Mac couldn't handle the newer system, because it pulled too much memory. While they weren't happy about it, I lost another day or two cause I insisted that they put my machine back to High Sierra. Sometimes the newest isn't the best for old-er computers.