Potter Heads Unite | pad patter 3.12.19

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by keepscrappin, Mar 12, 2019.

1. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

I wanted to preorder but Amazon wouldn't let me use my credit card points on preorders so I couldn't and then I totally forgot all about it until I saw an email from Redbox this morning.

2. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

'Tis true. :blush

cfile likes this.
  3. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

My family was obsessed with Harry Potter beginning in 2007 and lasting several years. I'm sorry to say we all moved on to other interests in recent years though, and I'm quite out of touch with the newer stuff. I would definitely like to see it though. We all still have fond memories from our years with Harry Potter; my daughter calls the books "classics."

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
  4. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

I just went down to Walmart.. I am sure they have it.. next week Mary Poppins is out on blu ray too!

carrie1977 likes this.
  5. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Classics for sure.. I am a 57 almost 58 year old kid and re read HP over and over plus watch the movies all the time.. obsessed for sure.. even have my wand.. if I could only get the darn thing to work ha ha! :) hubby is wonderful he indulges my obsession and even enjoyed Orlando hp world at Universal and everything we did in the UK.. we make butter beer too at home :)

Jazz2000 and keepscrappin like this.
  6. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Same. :hide

keepscrappin, carrie1977 and cfile like this.
  7. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Please don't judge. :cry

keepscrappin likes this.
  8. krscraps

krscraps I'm a nerd.

Not a fan of Crimes of Grindewald. But I grew up on Harry Potter. Heck, I grew up with Harry Potter. The books started getting popular when I was 9. The last book came out after I graduated high school. The last movie when I graduated college.

I know I'm known for my love of Disney, but Harry Potter will always hold a special place in my heart that Disney will never touch.
    Screenshot_20190312-185355_Gallery.jpg here's my HP shelf. And yes, I do need 3 copies of each book. Haha.

I also went to Wizarding World in Orlando the first week it opened. Nana went too and still talks about Butter beer.
    IMG_20190312_185849.jpg
    Then I went to the Celebration of Harry Potter in 2017 and got selected at Ollivanders to get a wand.
    IMG_20190312_185819.jpg
    So yeah.
    I might be a Disney nerd, but Harry Potter was my first love.

9. Susan - s3js

Susan - s3js Well-Known Member

We never go very long without re-reading or re-watching. Life has been so harried (pun NOT intended!) that I didn't even know it was out. Payday is Friday, so will have to wait. Sigh!

cfile likes this.
  10. staciahall

staciahall Quidditch, anyone?

I might have to get out this weekend and pick up a copy. I really enjoyed the first prequel.

cfile likes this.
  11. djp332

djp332 She sells seashells down by the seashore

I never knew I was a HP fan until I went to London with my daughter and her students. According to them, this tour was the best day ever!
    web_djp332_GS_JournalingChallenge_London_Day7_July17_WBStudios_WinterWhisp3.jpg

cfile likes this.
  12. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

I have Crimes of Grindelwald on my Amazon wish list. I want to watch it again with the captioning on to make sure I get all the dialogue. I know DH had a problem with following the plot when we saw it at the movies.

cfile likes this.
  13. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

A couple of weeks ago, we got the digital combo pack of the 2 movies together. I think Jamie's already watched it. We're at the end of Deathly Hallows during our audiobook commute time. Next we'll listen to Fantastic Beasts. It's really been a great journey for us all. JK Rowling is absolutely amazing. I'd love to thank her in person. These books have brought so much to our lives, really.

14. jesskab

jesskab Watch me sizzle & twizzle

Dude, like blasphemy!!!
    You have kids & you work for the school district, but you don't know Harry Potter? You & I are the same age. For my 40th birthday, I allowed myself to totally geek out at Universal Studios. I had so much. It was just so magical! The kids didn't really know HP before we went, but it totally made them want to learn.

Brody's 11th birthday is this weekend. That's big in HP, since that's when they get the notice for Hogwarts. He's getting a lot of HP stuff on Sunday.

15. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

I think I will be watching this movie with my boys this weekend at some point. :)

16. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

LOL...it just doesn't interest me. And, it hasn't interested either of my kids. I've never been to Universal Studios so...:shrug

I am thinking of taking the kids to Universal over the summer so who knows. Maybe it'll strike some interest. :hehe

jesskab likes this.
  17. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

it arrived in my mailbox yesterday thanks to pre-order Amazon Prime. LOL

Unfortunately we never got to the theater to see it, so we're going to hopefully watch tonight (spring break) :)

18. tinkerbell1112

tinkerbell1112 Offical Ambassador of the Magic Kingdom

I was working at Borders when the first HP books started coming out. I remember those days. pallets of books would come in the back (all hard cover...drool) and they were shrink wrapped with big signs all over them that we couldn't even cut the shrink wrap off until release day at midnight! I would buy one right away (before we sold out - perks of working there, you could set it aside until your shift was over! LOL). When my husband and I were married and the last books were coming out, we'd buy 2 copies so neither of us had to wait!

kids have grown up on HP, though unfortunately neither is a big reader. My daughter has listened to audible versions (as have I - they're great!). She has also seen each movie probably a dozen times each. We love HP World and next on our bucket list is to get to London to see "the real stuff" according to my daughter! LOL

going to NY this summer and we had to decide to see Cursed Child or not. It takes up an entire day (two shows) and was going to cost the 4 of us around $900 total. We had to say no :( I was bummed, so I'd love it if they could make a movie or traveling show on it. Though it wasn't my favorite, it wasn't terrible :)

19. Kat

Kat Seeking wine/shopping/teeth brushing support group

I got my digital code when I preordered but we still haven't sat down to watch it. We should have gone to the theater. I wish we had, just too busy. :( I am a big harry potter nerd.

20. keepscrappin

keepscrappin ScrapWithTheWind

My Walmart had it even though their website said they didn't!

cfile likes this.