hi, want new software for scrapping

Discussion in 'Help Pad' started by Buffini, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Buffini

Buffini Active Member

hey all! I'm looking to purchase a new program for my scrapping. I stared out with PSE and it has now crashed with my Mojave update. S im looking for advice on either trying something new, or stick to the new PSE update? any feedback is grearly appreciated

thanks
    sheri

2. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I have never used PSE, so some others might be able to offer a suggestion based on their knowledge, but I have the Adobe Creative Cloud Photography Plan that includes Photoshop CC, Lightroom CC, and Lightroom Classic CC. It's 9.99 a month and totally worth it to me.

cfile and Buffini like this.
  3. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

I suggest the same thing as @IntenseMagic Jan: PS CC. At $10/month it is less than two of my fave frou-frou coffee drinks. It isn't exactly cheap but it "pays for itself" in features and ease of use. At least I think so. :) I had PSE for awhile, then I had PSCS3, then I had PSE again (can't remember the version)...I really like PS CC. Sure, I pay every month, but I get updates and I can cancel whenever I want. The cost of PSCS3 was high, even with a discount, and so I feel like the CC version will pay for itself in the long run.

Good luck figuring out what's best for you! If you love scrapping, then CC might work because you can really expand your skills. PSE does a lot, but CC definitely does more.

cfile, Buffini and IntenseMagic like this.
  4. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

Can you do a trial of PSE/PSCC and see which one you like best? I did a year of CC and actually went back to PSE - just wasn’t using PSCC enough or to its full potential

bestcee, bellbird and Buffini like this.
  5. Buffini

Buffini Active Member

going to try the free trial of ps cc! thanks for your feedback ladies!

6. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Hope you enjoy it!! Be sure to give a shout out if you need help with anything!

Buffini likes this.
  7. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I love PSE and if you were happy with that and confident with your usage of that, get the upgrade.

8. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Let us know if you need help. Jan & Sara gave you great info on PS CC.. it works out to 30 cents a day... I don't use LR as much but I have it if I cannot do my photo adj in PS CC. I get my monies worth out of it :) You can alays fall back and get PSE down the road byt PS CC once you start with it, you will be happy :)

Tree City and Buffini like this.
  9. AnikA68

AnikA68 Well-Known Member

In my opinion PSE is enough unless you want to increase your Photshop skills and want to do more photo editing stuff. For a scrapbooker PSE is enough.
    Even so I have the Creative Cloud with all components because I can get it with a students licence for a low price. So I have also After effects and all other programms in the Cloud.
    I started with PSE and when I started to edit photos more than brightness or colors and watched video tutorials there was always a limit to follow the video at one point. this is why I made the Abo for the cloud.

Buffini likes this.
  10. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

This! I totally recommend taking advantage of trials and seeing if it works for you.
    I was a PSE user, but I love some of the PSCC options, and I adore Lightroom, so it's worth it for me to pay. Otherwise, I'd stick to PSE.

I'm glad you are trying it out. Do you like it?

11. 3BluEyedBabies

3BluEyedBabies Falling for pumpkin ...