Deal with the hubby

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by rchansen, Mar 7, 2019.

1. rchansen

rchansen in the sweet tooth recovery program

My husband has been looking at a new pair of handlebars for his Harley ever since he bought it last summer. Yesterday he got his first BIG check for snow removal for the winter...he does a very high end account but they have a 45 day billing cycle (and with all the snow we've had in Minnesota, we have like 5-6 big checks coming in the next couple weeks). So he called me on his way home from work last night to tell me he was going to go buy his handlebars and that I could spend $450 on anything I wanted. Woo hoo!! I logged right on to TLP last night and loaded up on some @Rachel Jefferies and @valeriapiemonte Little Butterfly Wings stuff. Only spent $62 so I have a lot more shopping to do. Hee hee!!

Anyone else's husband bribe them like this to get what they want?? :D

2. rchansen

And now I went and bought another $20 worth of Paislee Press stuff I've been eyeing!!

3. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Congrats to your husband for working hard and yay for rewarding himself with new handlebars! :) And DOUBLE YAY for you cuz he only gets *one* new handlebar set, while you get A LOT of digital scrapping goodies! :stash heehee!

My DH tries to do an inception thing and make me think it was MY idea to spend money. It never works lol! As soon as he's like "Didn't you say you wanted to get a new ____ [sofa, side table, pair of dress slacks, etc]," I know that he wants to buy something for himself and is hoping I have a similar-price item on my wish list and I'll initiate the "I'll get that table, if you want to get something too" talk. I'm more of a "I'll buy something this month and YOU buy something next month" kind of person lol. I like to stagger purchases.

4. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

That's awesome! Enjoy those goodies! And be thankful for that snow, lol!

cfile and rchansen like this.
  5. kelley

kelley Gets excited over little green things.

All I can say to that is holy awesomeness!! Have fun shopping! :D

cfile and rchansen like this.
  6. rchansen

@Tree City Sara, we live pretty tight during the winter months being that we don't want to rely on snow to get us by. So when the end of season comes and there's some good money coming in we usually each reward ourselves for making it another winter. Ha ha!! I have NEVER spent that much on scrapbooking stuff at one time - not even during MOC - so shopping was fun!!

cfile and Tree City like this.
  7. Frumpje

Frumpje Summer is made for memories

My husband is like that too, but offcourse not 450 dollars online. But he buys me stuff, so I couldn't complain when he buys something for himself :hehe

rchansen likes this.
  8. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

And that makes sense, to assume that the winter won't automatically mean snowplowing. And you've found the bright side: A "good" snowplowing year (if I may call it that?) means that you both get to enjoy some shopping! How awesome that you've been able to really go for it in the store!

bestcee and rchansen like this.
  9. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

10. rchansen

This made me laugh. Please understand...this is not the norm!! And I am probably pretty much done spending any money for awhile. But I was excited since I am trying to get more into the artsy side of scrapbooking instead of my clean and simple style so I needed some new stuff. :)

bestcee, BevG, cfile and 2 others like this.
  11. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

Shopping the sale is awesome!
    You know that you have to show and tell and enable us all right?

rchansen likes this.
  12. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

have run exploring Robyn, I'm looking forward to seeing your new artsy style layouts in the gallery.

Our deal is we can spend upto £20 without discussion, anymore than that and we have to talk about it first.

flowersgal and rchansen like this.
  13. amien1

amien1 I do enjoy a good exclamation point!

So fun to splurge! My hubby is very understanding with my digiscrap hobby! ;) ;) He's the type of guy who NEVER buys anything for himself- except for his birthday/christmas I made him buy some work shoes he's been eying- they were almost $300 but are such great quality, they will last him a long time & end up being less $$ than buying a $100 pair every 6 months!

14. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

how fun!!! Enjoy your spending spree and have a blast Robynn.. you deserve it!!!

15. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

How fun! I've done a few big digi shops over the years and its so exciting, isn't it? Just being able to buy pretty much whatever you want. Enjoy it b/c if you are like me, often times you can't spend too much so you have to pick and choose what to get, within your budget so when you get a chance like this.....just go for it :)

Tree City likes this.
  16. Rachel Jefferies

Rachel Jefferies Designer

Oh my!! What a treat to have a splurge in the shop and I'm so very flattered that you chose to shop with me, thank you and I can't wait to see what you create! :clappy:glomp:beat:heartlub @rchansen

17. Dalis

Dalis Jose Cuervo is NOT a good friend

Girl, those HD handlebars are expensive as hell! btw. We have a set of HD handlebars here in our garage. Hubby bought a set, changed them and then sold the bike. He now has Goldwing so he has that extra handlebar in the garage just in everyone's way!

rchansen likes this.
  18. Scrapping with Liz

Scrapping with Liz Crafts for days.

Hubby and I each have an Amazon wish list. Occasionally we'll say, "Hey, you get something off your list and I'll get something off of my list."

rchansen likes this.
  19. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

How fun that you got to go on a shopping spree!

We each get an allotted amount of spending money each month so there's rarely any "here's some money, go spend it on yourself" moments.

rchansen likes this.
  20. Chippi

Chippi Those chicken nuggets are just waiting to attack

Bahaha!!! My hubby does this all the time! Or tries to! It starts with "Hey Baaaaaaaabe..." Lol!! And my response to that these days is usually "Do you really need ____ ?" because let's face it, more often than not, we know what they are going to say!!

Happy shopping!! I am so jealous!!!

rchansen likes this.