March 4th - The Committed Crafter

Discussion in '2019 LOD' started by bcgal00, Mar 4, 2019.

1. easyeyes4you

easyeyes4you Well-Known Member

It is my understanding that it does not matter If retired, as long as the designer is here....

2. easyeyes4you

What a happy surprise.. I bought a kit from Vinnie Pearce a LONG time ago, at another site, that I did not do much at... I loved the kit, and did something with it at the time and wondered about Vinnie often after that... I remember it had an owl in it!!! Anyway... I NEVER connected the name Committed Crafter with Vinnie... ...I am happy!!!!! ...and getting broker and broker as each day passes here!

Just looked up what I have ... one called Stars and Galaxies, and her Sci fi templates that I had so much fun with... they were complicated, things, that produced interesting results... Oh WOW...and board box papers, and sketchible flowers..... That I have never used!!!! Ah the owl is an impressionist transfer... OK... off to see what she offers now....

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
  3. vinniepearce

vinniepearce Well-Known Member

Great pages ladies, I reallt appreciate you working with my supplies. I enjoyed browsing the galleries and commenting, I'll be back later today to view some more, right now my baby is due for her next feed and playtime. :bird:bunny:fruit:swingin

mcurtt likes this.
  4. vinniepearce

awww thanks for putting a smile on my face!

5. easyeyes4you

I am happy , to have made you smile... but after looking at the things in this store, I am so much more in tune with your older things... Please consider putting some of them in your store here, your style has totally changed....... I am sure you will reach a wider market... I am going to buy one thing, but my page is going to be made with your older products... Just my humble opinion.... you are a gifted artist.... and I love that you are on board here monitoring the forum.... such a nice feel.

6. vinniepearce

I appreciate your feedback, it is always useful and wanted. May I ask what it is about the older products that you like? I will keep this in mind for the future =)

I thought for a very long time wheather to bring the older items back, and gave in for a month to see how it would go. There are two reasons why I wont be bringing the old items back. One, I fell even stronger about mantaining my brand and sticking to the style I am enjoying right now... it didn't sit right with me when ever I went into my store and saw the older items mixed with the new ones. Two, even if I wanted to bring the older items back I wouldn't have the time to list and re-brand them all, I did have a sweet lady helping me with this but she had to take a step back because of personal reasons. It's hard juggling family and the other aspects of the business, =( I know this decision will dissapoint many, and I'm sorry for that, but I feel it's the right thing to do.

A-M likes this.
  7. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Loved using the Agape Collection.

[​IMG]

8. Tammys_Scrapping

Tammys_Scrapping Well-Known Member

Lisa B likes this.
  9. easyeyes4you

Have just spent some time sorting through the old things to see how I might incorporate on a page with a bit of new... the older things were much more complex, and darker... I like dark strong colors.. have your teal papers... I loved the Sci fi templates, with all the layers, and things you could do with them... I used at least 2 of them... one is a framed photo of my greatgrandson on a skate board... it was truly frame worthy... I have one that is outer space... such a cool selection of images... I guess 2 words.. the colors and the complexity are what I like. That said... this site has more people doing traditional things, where I am more of the artsy side of things... so perhaps your calmer, more serene things would play better here... May I ask why you made such a drastic change in your style... It is like a 360 turn around.... her is the link to my gallery.. I think you will see what I mean.... https://the-lilypad.com/forum/galleries/users/easyeyes4you.119251/

10. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

Because I love any sort of water scene the Reflection of the Lake caught my eye when I went shopping today.
    My page is a CD case size piece of artwork which I will print and put on display in my home.

[​IMG]

BevG likes this.
  11. vinniepearce

Thanks for taking the time to get back to me. I wouldn't say I've done a complete 360 turn around, I still do mixed media - my papers show that with the stitching and fabric, I've added in more water colors. But I do agree, I am doing things differently. The only explanation I have for you is that I'm doing what I love and trying new things and sticking to what I enjoy doing. I'll be honest, as a designer I'm still figuring out what my signature look is lol... I mean it hasn't been perfected, I hope you know what I mean. I know I love inks, paint, scripts, patterns and texture oh and vintage imagery... I think I've still held onto those.

12. easyeyes4you

13. bcgal00

bcgal00 Say, "birdseed!"

Interesting conversation about design and changing direction. I'm easy to please, I love the older Vinnie products and the new stuff but...I am always excited about growth, stretching your boundaries and going in a new direction. I think that's one of the wonderful things about scrapbooking, nothing is stagnant, it is always evolving and changing.

vinniepearce, A-M and bonnenuit like this.
  14. easyeyes4you

I have enjoyed chatting with you today... always nice to get to know someone.... some of the designers, have not come around at all... and I know they are busy, but as you have said, so are you... it has been your day and you have been there to enjoy it... I truly believe that we are happiest doing what makes us happy... and we do evolve... good luck with your family and your business, I will be watching what you do....I feel that anyone who can do what she/he enjoys in life is blessed.... Liz

vinniepearce and bcgal00 like this.
  15. vinniepearce

I've enjoyed it too Liz and very thankful for this industry and community... I think it is a very valuable one.

Off to the gallery to drool now!

easyeyes4you likes this.
  16. nanascrapper

nanascrapper Well-Known Member

FYI. Just purchased Colour Elements for Reflections at the Lake and I am also having trouble with tying to download and coming up with the same message as "Gina". "You have nothing to download"
    My order is 1220224.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
  17. nanascrapper

nanascrapper Well-Known Member

TLP Love our Designers Mar 4 The Committed Crafter
    I too did not realize that Vinnie Pearce is The Committed Crafter. Guess this is what these challenges are about.
    I have used a paper (colour changed) and a frame from a couple of my old kits I had from a few years ago when she traded as Vinnie Pearce.
    I may make some changes to this page later, as I cannot as there seems to be a glitch opening one of her items, which I have just purchased today.
    [​IMG]

CharlotteM likes this.
  18. marijke

marijke Weekends are for wine.

19. vinniepearce

I think I'll have to re-upload it. Sorry guys not sure why this is happening as the files is linked. I'll message you soon.

marijke likes this.
  20. CharlotteM

CharlotteM Well-Known Member

I have one more question for Vinnie - I'm such an incredible fan of this more artistic way - I used to love her glorious elements before and I still love her today.
    Is there a chance that something of the old stuff will be on sale again?

vinniepearce likes this.