March 3rd - Sabrina Dupre Designs

Discussion in '2019 LOD' started by Justagirl, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Justagirl

Justagirl Courageously dancing in the rain

Welcome to LOVE OUR DESIGNERS March 3rd
    Sabrina Dupre Designs
    is our CRUSH today!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Let’s get to know Sabrina a bit more…
    Shop | Newsletter | Blog | Facebook

Today we are scrapping with Sabrina Dupre Designs products. If you want to scrap along with me, feel free to post your pages in our Sabrina Dupre Designs Gallery after you have uploaded them come and show them off here for us to swoon over!

I wonder if you are like me and tend to stick to a few designers that you're familiar with? It’s kinda how I roll. But seriously why? Especially when there are so many amazing designers in the TLP store! I have to say I have never scrapped with Sabrina Dupre’s goodies before, I know my bad. That’s why this LOVE OUR DESIGNERS event is so cool, it inspires you to step out of your norm and try something new.

I loved playing with Sabrina’s kits. I chose 3 that were a little different in style from each other so I could get a good feel of what it's like scrapping with her product and I have to say Sabrina Dupre is such a versatile designer. I can’t pin point her specific style but I would say there is a touch of vintage with an eclectic flavour and she is masterful with colour! This is one of the great things about designers that can create in many different styles they can offer a broader selection of kits and packs to help you capture those memories in a unique way.

Here are 3 pages I made:
    [​IMG]
    'GRADE 3'
    HELLO SCHOOL | Sabrina Dupre
    ON THE EDGE No.1 PAGE DRAFTS | The Nifty Pixel

[​IMG]
    'I’M CHANGING'
    BLOOM KIT | Sabrina Dupre
    BLOOMIN’ LOVELY V1 PAGE DRAFTS | The Nifty Pixel

[​IMG]
    'CAPTURED FOREVER'
    YOU MAKE ME SMILE | Sabrina Dupre
    JUNK ALPHA | Sabrina Dupre
    ALMOST WHITE PAPERS | Sabrina Dupre
    DESK DRAWER | Sabrina Dupre

Now it's your turn...
    Scrap a page using (mostly) Sabrina Dupre Products.
    Meet the gallery guidelines of 50% TLP product.
    Post in the gallery and share your page in this thread (below).
    Remember that by using the Hashtag #TLPLOD when you post your page on social media
    you will also have a chance at the weekly $10 GC.
    More info HERE.

Come back tomorrow to see who the next designer of LOVE Our Designers will be,
    since you never know WHO is going to be featured!​

Last edited: Mar 3, 2019
    *gina*, amandac and cfile like this.
  2. Iowan

Iowan Is this heaven? No, it's Iowa

She is a definite crush!

[​IMG]

3. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Thanks for hosting Em :) I love the Lucky kit by Sabrina. I have had it for a very long time, and I love to use it especially this time of year :)
    [​IMG]

BeachLover, *gina* and marijke like this.
  4. *gina*

*gina* It's all about the 3-C's

5. gduncan

gduncan Well-Known Member

@Justagirl Thank you for hosting! I wanted to purchase the kit "Stella" but it isn't showing a discount for the sale. @Sabrina0268

6. michelepixels

michelepixels A pun is not fully matured until it is full groan.

I have about a dozen of Sabrina's kits. To be honest, I've been avoiding using them. As a multi-kit scrapper, the way I scrap and post layouts, it's difficult to use Sabrina's stuff because the filenames do not have the kit names in them. When I'm done with a layout, as I'm typing the product names in the credits under my page in the gallery, I refer to my Photoshop layers panel on the screen beside my web browser window, scrolling the panel and typing the product names. When all Sabrina's items just say, "flower" or "button" or "confetti" etc, but not the kit name, by that time, having used 5 or 10 different kits on my layout over the last hour and a half, I've forgotten which Sabrina kit(s) I used. Then I have to go search a second time through my stash to get that information for the credits.

I made that easier on myself for this page, which is entirely Sabrina's products, by trying to use a little from every kit I have from her, and then just listed them all in the credits without trying to match each individual item with its kit.

[​IMG]

*gina* and Justagirl like this.
  7. gduncan

@michelepixels I totally agree with you on the designer/kit names not being on the elements. I don't have much of her stuff because of that. When I finish the layout, I can't remember what kits I used to give credits. She has some cute kits, though! We just need to be able to give her credit!!!

michelepixels and Justagirl like this.
  8. EllenT

EllenT I live for that hourglass ...

9. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

Sabrina is a new designer for us. I'm scrapping with a paper pack I picked up last month after getting a chat-scrap coupon.

TJ Toucanette did the same slow scrap challenge. I opened up Sabrina's store and told her to choose something to spend her coupon on. After about 15mins there was a loud.
    "Help"
    She had over 30 windows open of the items she liked, and couldn't short list, and
    "I haven't looked at everything yet." was the next thing she said.
    It took 3 days of thinking to get her wish list down to 10 paper packs.

10. Justagirl

Ooh Thanks for letting me know. I’ve sent admin a msg so hopefully it’ll get sorted out for you, I’ll keep you posted. X

11. Justagirl

Lol that’s how I felt trying to pick which kits to scrap with! I bet Sabrina will get a buzz reading that!

Angela Toucan likes this.
  12. Justagirl

Great feedback Michele. For the interim here’s what I do in this instance I copy and paste to my desktop the preview from the kits that I use in my page, sometimes I end up with a colossal of previews hehe but it enables me to keep track of which ones I’ve used in the page I’m working on then I just trash them when the page is done and my credits are saved and linked. You’re sooooo awesome for listing each element you use though! That takes serious patience of which I just don’t have so I don’t credit that way I figure crediting the kit is enough to get people to potentially click on the kits store link and hopefully grab it for their stash.

13. Angela Toucan

Angela Toucan I keep looking for THAT wardrobe

Using the Friends paper pack.
    [​IMG]

14. Bagheertje

Bagheertje Well-Known Member

15. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

I have that fixed up for you. Enjoy the sale! :)

weaselwatchr and Justagirl like this.
  16. lmccandless

lmccandless The Force is strong with this one. Boss of the Applesauce

Also, thanks for the feedback on the kit/file names. I will definitely pass that along to Sabrina.

michelepixels likes this.
  17. Ferdy

Ferdy Heavy Metal Head Banger

thank you, Em! love Sabrina's kits!!

[​IMG]

marijke likes this.
  18. gduncan

Justagirl likes this.
  19. Justagirl

@gduncan You’re good to go now, Stella is on sale! Woohoo

20. gduncan

Thank you so much! I purchased it just now!!!

Justagirl likes this.