Watch Cheryl Scrap LIVE! | Project Mouse Fanniversary Edition | Three Sessions Feb 22nd and 23rd!

Discussion in 'Project Mouse FANniversary 2019 - Celebrating 6!!' started by gonewiththewind, Feb 21, 2019.

1. SwiftThinkin

SwiftThinkin Member

Pizza came and I had to run and answer the door. Do we have to do anything to get the awesome fastener pack, or did GoToMeeting already track something for us?

Thanks for a great tutorial Cheryl!

2. DopeyGal

DopeyGal I don't like deserted islands!

They said we needed to include our email address when we signed in GoToMeeting.

gonewiththewind likes this.
  3. AlyciaIN

AlyciaIN Well-Known Member

I really enjoyed watching Cheryl scrap live this evening (7 pm ET). She created an amazing black and white layout with pops of red accents. Her shadow techniques were especially informational. I also learned that she is Fiddle-Dee-Dee and @gonewiththewind.

bestcee and gonewiththewind like this.
  4. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Sorry you missed it!

If you inserted your email when you signed in to GoToMeeting, your email address is available to me and I'll be sending out the email shortly. If you didn't input your email address, just send me a message (start conversation with me) here at TLP with your email. :)

5. Lisa B

Lisa B What am I supposed to do with all this chalk?

My first FANiversary and first time watching a live scrap with Cheryl (4 pm PST) on TLP! I loved her Black & White layout and was AMAZED at how quickly she pulls a page together! I learned I need to get much quicker at this process, but that it is actually possible since I saw it with my own eyes how quickly it can be done! I'm also super jealous at the way PS allows you to manipulate the shadows. Thank you ladies for your time and sharing your talent!

6. TiggerRMS

TiggerRMS Member

Thank you so much for the great chat and video! I learned Cheryl's great shadowing technique using PSE. Off to go watch the tutorial from her site now!

7. Disney Mom Missy

Disney Mom Missy Member

First time watching a live scrap with Cheryl! I excited to practice the shadow technique tonight--who needs sleep, right? Thank you, ladies!

8. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

I loved watching Cheryl's brain in action. Truly amazing! This was my first ever Watch Cheryl Scrap! I loved hearing your story about your family vacation!

9. gonewiththewind

I sent out the email to Friday night's session participants with your prizes!

If you attended, but did not receive the email, please start a private conversation with me so I can double check your attendance and email address. :)

10. gonewiththewind

So glad you came! If you have any questions about anything I did, don't hesitate to post and ask! :)

Woo-Hoo! Love meeting new digi scrapping buddies. I've been digi scrapping for almost 10 years, so if you are new to it, please give yourself time to become very comfortable with your chosen editing program and your style. Once that happens, you'll find a page comes together naturally and quickly. Finding shortcuts and getting hints and tips/tricks are invaluable as well. I used PSE for my shadows for a LONG time before moving over to PSCC, so don't let that there are a couple of extra steps involved to stop you! I'll be happy to answer any questions to might have - either at tomorrow's sessions or post in the forum or shoot me a message.

Let me know if you have any questions! Hope it helps you make beautiful shadows!

Thanks so much for joining in, Missy! And no digi scrapper needs sleep. It's part of our DNA to just scrap all night long . . .

I can't believe it was your first session! Oh my gosh! Glad you were able to come! :)

11. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

IKR?! This is the first time the timing has actually worked out for me. And, I was still at work so I used my phone. haha!

bestcee and gonewiththewind like this.
  12. mmbstaley

mmbstaley Well-Known Member

It is always informative to watch you scrap - thanks for inviting us to peek over your shoulder! I used your trick of cutting up a card to make it fit what you want on the page I got done tonight for the Big Picture Scraplift challenge. Despite it being a fairly simple page design, it always takes me forever to put a page I am happy with together. Of course I'm usually searching my EHD trying to find just the right thing to use since it won't be included in the kit I'm trying to use. Oh well, I've learned to embrace it and just go with what makes me happy.
    I did find logging in to the chat to be easier than the other chat room used in the past, and it was nice to get an email with the goodie links instead of trying to figure out how to copy it out of the chat box! Although I almost didn't put my email in when I joined the chat since that is not usually needed - maybe you could add that to the instructions so people know to do that to get their freebies?

13. gonewiththewind

Thank you SO much for coming! I hope you'll be able to attend tomorrow's session. And woo-hoo for you already putting into a practice a tip you learned tonight!

I have all my Project Mouse goodies in one folder, so it makes it easier to find coordinating pieces. I use Bridge to tag/keyword.

Thank you SO MUCH for the feedback about the chat room. We also found it much more user friendly! I'm adding the additional instruction to put in your email address! <3 Happy Scrapping!

14. Diane McCurdy

Diane McCurdy New Member

Looking forward to Saturday's mtg!

15. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I have downloaded the app and taken a photo of the meeting ID and bought a gig data bundle.
    We will be visiting folk at the time, but who needs to be polite all the time?
    Going to do my best to be involved.

bestcee, gonewiththewind and Lisa B like this.
  16. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I always enjoy watching Cheryl even though I don't use any of the Adobe products. So the techniques don't mean a lot to me. I get more out of how she decides where to put things. Hearing about her creative flow for doing a layout is always interesting.

As for the gotomeeting chat, I will probably be in the minority. I didn't like it. I also have always had problems with gotomeeting whenever I've used it (many times in the past when I worked) and apparently even though I signed in with my email, it didn't get to Cheryl since I didn't receive the email... yes I have messaged you Cheryl!

Hope to be at the next 2 chats if my internet will cooperate!

17. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

I had ambitions to attend the 2nd chat but realise sleep is more important even though it hasn’t been the easiest to get. Currently on an overnight bus that has 3 hours to go.

gonewiththewind and Lisa B like this.
  18. sobxgirl

sobxgirl Member

Last night was my first time watching Cheryl scrap - so fun! Enjoyed learning about separating the fx layers and warping the shadows.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
  19. Doramiyi

Doramiyi Member

Has it stated? I logged in, info on the session is correct. Says waiting for organizers to arrive. Excited!!!

20. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

@Doramiyi it starts in just over 20 mins

gonewiththewind and Doramiyi like this.