New Here?

Discussion in 'The Welcome Pad' started by lmccandless, Dec 21, 2015.

1. Rachel Jefferies

Rachel Jefferies Designer

you will love it here :beat

2. Rachel Jefferies

Rachel Jefferies Designer

@edee coleman Welcome! Let us know if you need help with anything!

3. KimGeling

KimGeling Active Member

Hi everyone, I have shopped here for years and registered for the forum ages ago but I don't think I've ever posted here. I'm looking for new scrapbook challenges and the MOC just caught my attention. I've read the rules and can't wait to jump in. Thanks for having me.:moo

jenn mccabe, Justagirl and KimJ like this.
  4. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Welcome! If you have any questions, be sure to let us know!
    We also have Designer Challenges and Monthly Challenges. Well, no monthly challenges during MOC, but normally there's 8. :agree

5. KimJ

KimJ Did you check in the refrigerator?

Welcome @KimGeling ! So glad you will be joining in! :-)

6. AnnaB

AnnaB Well-Known Member

Hi, I've been drooling over the gallery the past few weeks, and finally made the jump. Is it too late to jump into your challenges? Thanks.

bestcee, IntenseMagic and Tree City like this.
  7. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

Welcome to TLP, Anna! Now is a great time to hop into MOC! It's so much fun and you have time to catch up. (And if you don't finish, then what's the worst that happens? You end up scrapping your wonderful memories and/or photos. If you make "just" one MOC layout, it's still a win-win!) And while MOC is a month-long event with a new challenge posted each day, there are monthly challenges posted February through December, too. LOTS of chances to interact and have fun while also creating your pages!

As for getting started, perhaps you've already seen this thread but just in case, you can check out MOC Guidelines. It gives you some insight into the practical side as well as the Heart of MOC. Laura, Julie, and the Pollys (everyone involved in creating and implementing MOC) do a fantastic job making January full of community and fun as well as inspiration. And there are so many people who'll be there to help if you need anything. Thanks for joining in!

Karen likes this.
  8. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

Hi, Anna!! Welcome!! It's never too late to jump in! We'd love to see your pages in the gallery!

9. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

Welcome Anna to the Lily Pad. I hope you find the time to do some of the challenges happening this month for our MOC ( Month of Challenges ). I suggest you read through them all and choose ones that grab your attention that you can do easily to start with and then go back and do the more difficult ones.

10. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

Drool happens here all the time. Lol and yes jump in and you can do it!! Welcome and ask questions laugh and create

11. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Hi Anna and welcome to TLP!! I totally agree with Sara @Tree City - if you don't finish, you'll still create a lot of great layouts. I didn't come here until the 2nd week of MOC last year and never caught up, but I ended up doing almost all of the challenges anyway. It was fun to get them done in my own time. I think Anne-Marie @A-M has a good point, do the challenges that grab your attention first.

Good luck and just jump in and give it a try. Yes, as Anne @AnneofAlamo says, "drool happens all the time here". :giggle:giggle

12. AnnaB

AnnaB Well-Known Member

Oh Thank you everyone! I got ahead and started some pages for a trip I did a few years ago. I found most of the challenges work for this project (so happy!). I'm a bit stuck on a few others though. I'll follow your advice and just do what I can. Thanks so much for all the advice and welcoming replies.

Cherylndesigns, bestcee and Tree City like this.
  13. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

You can always post in the forum for help when you are stuck. Everyone is happy to jump in and help you with an idea or instructions on technical challenges.

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  14. Cherylndesigns

Definitely - like Courtney said, just let us know if you need help. Somebody will jump in!

AnnaB and bestcee like this.
  15. AnnaB

AnnaB Well-Known Member

Thank you!
    I am slowly catching up. It does help that I am sticking to one project. The challenges like the silhouette one or the bucket list made me think a while, but I've got them uploaded now. I am so pleased that I will be able to print off most pages as they are or with very minor changes for my travel book!

Tree City, Cherylndesigns and bestcee like this.
  16. Cherylndesigns

That sounds perfect, Anna. I'm off to the gallery to check them out.

17. jemmls4

jemmls4 Member

I didn't honestly realize there was a forum here until I got sucked into Project Mouse celebration. Glad to be here!

jenn mccabe likes this.
  18. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

welcome - we have a hopping forum and community! let us know if you have any questions! :)

19. scrappykay26

scrappykay26 New Member

Hi- I can't believe I never had an account...which is weird since I've been around/purchasing things since like 2009/2010. But, glad to be here "officially".

gonewiththewind likes this.
  20. myscrapmenagerie

myscrapmenagerie New Member

Hi there! I'm totally new here! I just bought the Vibes bundle and heard about the Project Mouse! Then I found this wonderful forum! Not sure what to do next...

gonewiththewind likes this.