To Share or Not to Share|Pad Patter 2.18

Discussion in 'Chatty Pad' started by bestcee, Feb 18, 2019.

1. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

Ok, the top sheet conversation brought to light a totally different thing for me: How many people sleep in the same bed with individual blankets.

What?!?!? How does bedmaking work?!?! And what else could I not be sharing? (Seriously going to look into not sharing blankets!)

At my house, we don't share toothpaste. There's three of us and we each have our own. Currently, we don't share computers either - school makes it hard to share, and it's a priority for me to be able to scrap when I want to.
    My parents don't share tv's (overall). There's the family one, but the kids each have their own, and my parents each have there own. My brothers won't even share a video game system, so they each bought their own.

So, what things in your house do you not share?

amien1 and LoveItScrapIt like this.
  2. A-M

A-M Not a lot of hustle in my hustle anymore

It is just my husband, Ken and I in our home. We do not share toothbrushes or toothpaste ( I use soap for my false teeth). We don't share my computer.. Ken does even know how to turn it on.
    We do share doing the dishes ( no dish washer) - Ken does the breakfast and lunch and I do the dinner ( night) ones.

3. IntenseMagic

IntenseMagic Some grannies cuss a lot. I'm some grannies.

I am super curious as to how the bed making works with separate covers as well! I love the idea of not fighting over them, but....
    We do not share computers! Currently all three of us have our own. Prior to Christmas when DS got his laptop, I would occasionally let him share mine, but I'd had enough of that haha. All three of us basically use our computers for tvs the majority of the time. We all have extra monitors connected to them. We do share the big tv in the living room, but we really only watch stuff together once a week or so.

bestcee and LoveItScrapIt like this.
  4. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

About the only things we share are the actual house and cooking but apart from that, my mum and I have individual things. We do kind of share a printer, only cause while I have one ink is just too expensive for us to both operate our printers (my printer has 4 ink cartridges and my mums has 5)

5. sakura-panda

sakura-panda Well-Known Member

Another no share computer family here. That's my fault, because I'm kind of controlling that way; I expect my screen to look and behave a certain way! My husband still laughs at me because his computer can be sitting on the table, but I'll go into the bedroom to use mine to look something up. The kids used to share a computer, until middle school, and when my middle graduated from elementary school, they all ended up with their own computers. (The youngest is using the oldest's first computer, that he inherited when the middle received a new computer for middle school, and will probably get a new one when he reaches middle school, as long as this one can run the math program that is required for his grade.)

The kids all use their own toothpaste (I have no idea why they don't share?) and my husband and I use the same one. The five of us use four different shampoos -- I have no idea what the youngest uses, although I am hoping he is using *something*. LOL

My husband and I share a blanket, which is mostly him kicking it off and me wrapping it around myself. We make a good pair, that way.

The TVs are shared (although we all have our own Netflix profiles) except for the one in the master bedroom, which is "Mom's TV". That one has the TiVo connected to it, filled with mostly my programs because with Netflix, the kids don't watch much broadcast TV; if they like something, they'll stream and binge it later. My husband has recordings on it too, but because I go to bed much earlier, he mostly watches his shows on the TV in the living room (also called "Mom's TV") using the TiVo Mini. (The Mini can stream content from the main TiVo, both live and recorded, and has no additional fees. It doesn't work on it's own, but it works great for us.) We have a third TV in the living room, and when we remodeled that room, we upgraded that TV (the old one couldn't be mounted to the wall) gave my mom the one that was in there before, and gave my mom's smaller tv to my oldest son. (She loves her "new" TV -- she can read the screen in the living room from the kitchen counter!)

6. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

My hubby and I have individual blankets on our own sides and then the main quilt goes over all of the bed. It's usually a tangled disaster though. Lol. I kind of wish we could have two twin beds pushed up together and make the beds separately. He is perfectly happy to sleep in a tornado of blankets and i have to have my all nice before I can get in. And he tosses and turn and does who knows what in the middle of the night to destroy our bed every night. Lol.

I do share my computer with my hubby, but he rarely uses it. He mostly sticks to his phone and iPad these days. And my boys both have their own computers because they are notorious for clicking any 'ole ad they feel like and get random downloads on theirs. They are actually better these days, but definitely where horrible in years past. I never wanted them touching my nice scrapping computer. Thankfully my Dad loves to build computers, so from a VERY young age he would make them their own. :agree

We also each have our own toothpastes and I'm pretty sure that's what dentist's recommend. Something about each person having their own bacteria and you shouldn't share??? Anyway, that's not really why we don't share, it just works out that way. We each have our own method of squeezing the tube... or strangling the tube as in my boys case. :giggle

bestcee likes this.
  7. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

DH and I don't share blankets, sheets, or a bed... or a bedroom. His snoring has its own room because I don't want him sharing that with me!

I am very bad at sharing. :giggle But when he finally stops being a baby and gets his sleep study done so he can get a CPAP machine, then maybe I'll allow him to sleep in the same bed again. But he'll have his own sheet because he doesn't like a lot of covers and I do.

I have sensitive teeth so I have my own toothpaste. The kids don't share either because germs.

I don't share a laptop. I hate letting DD do school work on it so I'm glad she has her own iPad from school lol! And DH has two laptops: a work one and a home one that's actually a hand-me-down from me cuz I didn't like it lol but he did, so he took it and I got another one for myself. OH! I "shared" a laptop by giving it to him! I do share! :dance

8. carrie1977

carrie1977 Tequila and Taco Tuesday

Toothpaste and toothbrushes, deodorant, razors...just a few of the things that pop into my head.

bestcee likes this.
  9. bonnenuit

bonnenuit Why do I always have to be Captain?

It's just my husband and I at home.

Things we don't share: home office areas, computers, printers, tablets, cell phones, email addresses, Facebook profiles, bathrooms & all related products (toothbrushes, toothpaste, shampoo, body washes, razors, deodorants, hair brushes, etc.), clothing, cars (usually), coffee mugs, and my Thomas Cinnamon Raisin Bagel Thins. I have to hide those in the kitchen so he doesn't steal any! :)

bestcee and jenn mccabe like this.
  10. HavaDrPepper

HavaDrPepper Space. The final frontier

I share nothing with the dog :giggle

When both of my parents were alive and lived in this house, we all had our own toothpaste and other personal use items. Mom watched TV in the kitchen, Dad in the living room (then the basement after he did the family room down there) and I was in my bedroom which eventually become a sitting room now office/craft room. I had the only computer and the only cell phone. Mom would play games with me on the computer but Dad had no interest in it at all. Mom died in 1996 and Dad moved to NC in 2000 so I have been by myself (with dogs) since then.

11. jenn mccabe

jenn mccabe She's OUR sunshine!

No separate blankets - but no sharing most of the things you all listed, lol!
    we all have our own computers, TVs, toothpaste (and all hygiene products are separate) ... and we all have our fave coffee/tea mugs too! We even have our own food in the frig/pantry that we each like) not everything of course but there are definitely some things that each of us know not to touch!

12. londoncuppa

londoncuppa I like rain, England ... and big words

Hubby and I don’t share anything. If I ever shared a blanket with him, I’d end up wrapped up like a tortilla.

13. jk703

jk703 CEO of Anything and Everything, Everywhere

I have my own toothpaste, but DH will occasionally use it. Our bathroom attached to our bedroom is basically mine. On the rare occasion he is brushing in my bathroom, he will use it. Mostly, he uses the other one with the boys, and there are 2 types of toothpaste in there...

We don't share a laptop or computers. I have my own laptop, and the boys have Chromebooks each, all have their own tablets and phones.

Boys don't share X Boxes. Occasionally they will trade headphones and controllers. Each has a TV in their room, X Box, games, controllers, chargers and everything that goes with it. Mostly, they will share games or trade. Both TV's are hooked up to Amazon for TV or videos, but not hooked up to our Verizon for TV service.

We have one TV that we watch as a family (there is another in the basement, and when people are over, kids hang out down there for ping pong, and stuff or in their rooms with X Boxes). We usually pick a show together to watch when we all do. We really don't watch much TV. Sports, movies or a game show. DH will pick weird Alaska shows to watch later at night.

14. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

We each have our own computers and some of us even have multiple computers and tablets. Hmmm - only 2 of the 5 of us have a single computer each. We have 1 TV and really only DH uses it. We have another TV upstairs with the Wii and that is shared, but is rarely used. All separate sinks, toothpastes, etc.

However, my hubby and I do share a bed with all the covers and closeness. We do each have our own pillows.

We got our very first cell phone, we shared it. People thought that was weird.

15. Tree City

Tree City Get a stepladder, I'm busy

The thought sharing any of those things makes me :faint2

16. LoveItScrapIt

LoveItScrapIt I'm a poet, and everyone knows it!

Hubby and I don't share blankets. We have a fitted quilted mattress cover for our bed and then we have our own cozy blankets. We usually just fold our blanket up each morning.....sometimes we don't. lol

DH and I share toothpaste and other bathroom things in our bathroom and the kids have their own bathroom with their essentials. The kids have their own TV's and gaming systems. DH and I share the BIG TV in the living room.

Dh and I both have our own computers and the kids have Chromebooks supplied from school during the school year. Other wise they don't tend to use them anyway.

17. StefanieS

StefanieS Think it over, think it under

I found the other thread very interesting to read as well.
    Hubby and I share the bed and bedding, (although my pillow will not be shared) tv and occasionally razors. Truth be told that's more me sharing than him.

Separate toothbrushes and toothpastes, deoderant, shampoo, body wash and towels.
    We have our own computers, cell phones and tablets. We share DS's play station for the netflix.

18. kelley

kelley Gets excited over little green things.

We share most things in our house. Some of us share toothpaste, though I have 2 with braces that have a special kind so they have their own. We all have our own blankets. If I had a husband, I'm sure we'd probably share our blankets on the bed - I did before when I was married. The kids do have their own bowls and cups at their request. They are required to wash their own dish when they use it, so it is easier for them to keep track of who did and who didn't. We all have our own devices, and we have several computers, but not one for each of us.

19. blueberries

blueberries Did I ever tell you I have a thing for snakes?

Best way to make the bed is use one to cover and fold the other at the foot. You can make half with each blanket, too, but that always looks weird to me, probably because our blankets are wildly different. With matching patterns it might look good. We didn't share a room/bathroom for years, and honestly, I'd go back to that in a hot second - but he gave up having the tv on while sleeping to share again and I don't have a good reason to kick him out now :giggle

We're supposed to have our own grooming supplies but the man thinks nothing of using my fancy stuff in the shower. Only way to keep him out of it is keep it in the cabinet between use. At least he doesn't try to use anything else; small blessings are still blessings :-D

And yeah, we def can't share electronics. Everyone in the house (us, our youngest son, my mother) has their own computer and/or laptop and tablet, and they all have their own tv.

Now that I think on it, about all we do share is political leanings and sense of humor - and you can bet I'm grateful for that these days.

LoveItScrapIt likes this.
  20. LeeAndra

LeeAndra A total Betty.

I don't share blankets, electronics, online accounts, or special snacks. Nope, nope, nope.