January 2019-Accountability Thread!

Discussion in 'Fit Pad' started by AnneofAlamo, Jan 1, 2019.

1. kelley

kelley Gets excited over little green things.

HCLF stands for high-carb, low-fat. My diet is plant-based, and I never use oils. I base my main dishes off potatoes or rice (cooked without any oil) with lots of veggies added. Oh, and I also love burritos and enchiladas - I use any type of bean, rice, salsa, peppers, jalapenos, avocados sometimes.... My fave is to eat rice and veggies with a nice dollop of oil-free hummus! Breakfast is usually oats with fruit and a bit of almond milk because I'm obsessed with it.

I did get a bit off track over the holidays though. I've kept my main meals on plan, but people offering me cookies and pies and candies....it's tough.

QuiltyMom likes this.
  2. Pachimac

Pachimac Give me all the cliché Christmas movies

After I said I was in, I got sick. I’m at the end of bronchitis and a sinus infection ruin and I hope to get back to walking tomorrow. I know I’ve lost a lot of momentum and just hope I can make it for 30 minutes.

Water intake needs to go up and soda needs to go down.

bestcee likes this.
  3. bestcee

bestcee In love with places I've never been to

True that! Here too.

4. littlekiwi

littlekiwi I charge by the hour for anything before noon

@GlazeFamily3 & @bestcee, me three. I’m shocking with drinking water really and I even have a drink bottle with a water filter in it so I have noooooo excuses.

bestcee likes this.
  5. klee73010

klee73010 I might have a thing for drummers

I am essentially starting over from my Newtopia coach through work. I started my c210k app this week and successfully did the first week... ran 6 miles! My goals for the year are to get back to running (finish the 10k app and maybe progress to half marathon training), and getting better about regular meals, and a decent sleep schedule. Breakfast is hardest for me, so this week I've started the day with protein coffee... just adding protein powder to the coffee I drink every morning. Small steps make the changes attainable, so I'm starting with that. :)

6. EllenT

EllenT I live for that hourglass ...

I'm in! A little late, but that's okay. I gained 4 pounds over the holidays and as of yesterday, I have lost it. Yay! My goal is lose 5 lbs by March, drink more water, nothing after 8 PM and get 10000 steps in each weekday.

BevG likes this.
  7. BevG

BevG If I can't remember it, it didn't happen

Well it is February --- How did everyone do? I managed to lose the holiday weight plus another pound and have been at that new weight for 2 weeks. Time to change things up again and get serious about no sweets. Sigh - it is Valentines and Girl Scout cookie time. I have a wedding in June to prep for as mother of the Groom - no pressure...

8. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

I'm hanging in there. Weight's the same, but I haven't gotten back in the groove of doing my core/strength exercises. The problem with that (not doing them) is that I don't feel like I'm in control!

9. AnneofAlamo

AnneofAlamo Slippers IN sunshine? Even better!

oh @BevG good job posting! I am staying the same. But losing inches!

I got into a size LARGE today! bought that shirt just because it is a LARGE! hahahah
    I started in 2x/3x last February!
    a large!!! woo hoo

I am running more, but when it is cold...I eat! I am okay with that for now. I ate a donut this morning and it was so darn good. Stress eating. (this is my hardest), we have monthly meetings with my son's treatment center, and they throw me for a loop. It was a gorgeous big bavarian cream filled with chocolate and I loved every bite!

anyways, I ran 3 miles this afternoon to get rid of it! lol I usually justify having sweets after a run...but kinda went backwards today.

I am drinking a ton of water. My sleep is good. I did have a cold for a week, but kicked it out!
    We have eaten out waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much this month, but I am dropping the top bun on cheeseburgers and NO fries and soda grosses me out! I used to drink two 44oz sodas a day, now I can not stand the taste! This really amazes me and my friends. Water is my friend!

BevG likes this.
  10. Heidi Nicole

Heidi Nicole Well-Known Member

Well, I gained 0.6 over the past week... but I'll count that as a win. We ate out twice this weekend (not like us at all... ) but I maintained my activity and tracking on MyFitness Pal as much as possible! One day at a time <3