Help! I've got it now I don't know what to do with it!

Discussion in 'Scrapping Pad' started by Cherylndesigns, Feb 4, 2019.

1. HeatherB

HeatherB Ain't nothin wrong with a few dust bunnies!

Cherylndesigns likes this.
  2. mcurtt

mcurtt give me all the paleo brownies

I wish i could be of some assistance, but I am running CS5. Good luck and don't forget to breathe.

3. Cherylndesigns

Cherylndesigns All glasses should be bigger than 1.5 oz

Thanks so much, Heather!

HeatherB likes this.
  4. Cherylndesigns

That's the best advice - breathe!! LOL I honestly forget to do that.

bestcee and mcurtt like this.
  5. Cherylndesigns

Thank you all for your good advice and just your support. I'm happy to report that I have figured out a few basic things by now. I just sort of freaked when I started on it and it was SO different! I just needed to hear "you can do it's" and I got that from all of you!!! Thank you so much!! I love this place!! :heartslub:heartslub:heartslub

jenn mccabe, Tree City, Karen and 2 others like this.
  6. cfile

cfile My bags are packed for Platform 9 3/4

Cheryl, any help you need let me know.. check through your older PM's as I know when you thought about it before I sent you some helpful links... hugs.. just let me know what you need... looks like the girls helped with clipping.. look too at my blend tutorial from the MOC.. I went through alot of things for PS CC there as well. :) Don't get frustrated.. it will be ok @Cherylndesigns

jenn mccabe likes this.
  7. Karen

Karen Wiggle it, just a little bit!

Well at least you're not trying to figure this out while doing MOC challenges! Can you imagine the stress of that? I'm confident you will be a pro in a few days time. :agree

8. NancyP

NancyP All you need is a little bit of pixie dust

WOW, interesting thread! And Cheryl, I know you will DO this!! But now I have a question. I have been a PSE user from way back when! Never gave anything else a thought. Can someone explain the difference between all these CC, PS, etc etc. I see so many different names! Why would one leave PSE for another one of these programs? Convince me!!!!!! :-)

9. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

Hey Cheryl! @Cherylndesigns

My video for how to use a template shows you how to clip. I'm in PSE 2018 for the video, but the same method works for PSCC. @michelepixels mentioned that there are a few different ways to do clipping . . . just find the one that works best for you.

Someone else already mentioned changing your keyboard shortcut. That's what I've done so that CTRL+G is no longer creating a group as it's assigned in PSCC but is the clipping shortcut as I was used to that with PSE prior to 2018.

10. gonewiththewind

gonewiththewind I choose joy.

PSCS and PSCC is also known as Photoshop Creative Suite or Photoshop Creative Cloud. The Creative Suite was a product you could purchase for a one time fee. Creative Cloud is a subscription service, where you can pay monthly/annually.

I have moved to PSCC for design purposes but also for scrapbooking as I love to have custom shadows and do manipulations to them. The same thing is possible in PSE, but it takes a few more steps.

I honestly can't convince you to move from PSE to PSCC. I started out with PSE 5 and went up to PSE 11 and just got PSE 2018 in the last 6 months. It's a powerful program and in some ways, much easier to use.

bestcee likes this.
  11. Cherylndesigns

Thanks so much, Cheryl @gonewiththewind - I have been watching videos and have watched a couple of yours. I did figure out how to clip and it was entirely different from anything else I had watched.
    Thanks so much, Christa! I will go back through my PM's because I know we've had conversations about me making the big move. I finally did it and I'm figuring out a few basics. It's just so different and there's a pretty big learning curve, as I knew there would be. Thanks for your support! The biggest problem I'm having is there's no "workspace" like on PSE. At least it there is, I haven't figured out where it is. That bugs me a lot. I can't figure out how to bring multiple files (like pics and elements) in. Oh well, I'll figure that out, too. :crazy3

gonewiththewind and cfile like this.
  12. Cherylndesigns

Karen, I deliberately waited until MOC was over. I would have gone crazy! :faint2

Karen likes this.
  13. Cherylndesigns

Thanks, Nancy! Yes, I will figure this out - even if I spend hours and hours on it. Like I said, I'm committed to pay for it for a year, so I WILL do this!! :imok:throwpc

14. Cherylndesigns

Thanks so much, Cheryl! Anne-Marie @A-M mentioned you on the first response I got. I know that your videos are a wealth of knowledge and information and I've already watched a couple of them.

15. cfile

There is no worksace but you do not need it Cheryl. :) It will be like WOw in a few days and you will be lovng it!

16. janedee

janedee Is a craft project ever really finished?

@Cherylndesigns - I'm so glad you asked this question!!! I switched back in December from PSE to PSCC . I tried a couple of basic tutorials before MOC started but really haven't got very far yet and went back to PSE for the month of January. I'm right there with you wanting to have everything working the way I like immediately - I have no patience!
    I will definitely be checking out Cheryl's tutorials too!

17. GlazeFamily3

GlazeFamily3 Peeking in everyone's windows ...

I am just curious what all of you do WITHOUT the workspace in PSCC. I feel so lost without it.

18. cfile

I always just do file >place embedded which opens up my files and I grab paper and elements that way one at a time. No need to have a bunch of things open and cluttering workspace :)

Tree City likes this.
  19. Cherylndesigns

So there is NO workspace!! WOW, I don't know how I'll ever get used to that! Can I not pull multiples files in with the "place embed" either?????

20. Cherylndesigns

I'm not sure I can live without a workspace, Jan!! We'll keep you posted as I stumble along. I've figured out the "place thing" that Christa mentioned further down, but no workspace?????:faint2